Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  No Man's Sky  (Read 11816 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2016, 02:28:36 AM »
I haven't got to play it yet, but I am considering getting it. Was i right in my initial assessment, or is it actually worth buying? Because I've heard most of the features were gutted for the release
It appears a lot of features that were supposed to enhance the playability of the sandbox have been gutted, to the point that it's really now just a sandbox with not a lot of content to drive your journey through it. But it's still a hell of a good sandbox. I haven't had much time to play it, maybe 20 hours, but once 2.5 is finished I plan to put in at least another 50 hours or so. So for me it's still value for money, and it's still a unique sandbox. But it's hard to recommend, some will love it, some will hate it. I've always dreamed of making a game like this, so for me, it's more than just a game, it's something I've been thinking about for a long time.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2016, 03:57:41 AM »
I haven't got to play it yet, but I am considering getting it. Was i right in my initial assessment, or is it actually worth buying? Because I've heard most of the features were gutted for the release
It appears a lot of features that were supposed to enhance the playability of the sandbox have been gutted, to the point that it's really now just a sandbox with not a lot of content to drive your journey through it. But it's still a hell of a good sandbox. I haven't had much time to play it, maybe 20 hours, but once 2.5 is finished I plan to put in at least another 50 hours or so. So for me it's still value for money, and it's still a unique sandbox. But it's hard to recommend, some will love it, some will hate it. I've always dreamed of making a game like this, so for me, it's more than just a game, it's something I've been thinking about for a long time.
That's good. When I eventually get the PS4 for Spiderman, I'll probably end up picking it up then.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2016, 02:39:37 PM »
But it's hard to recommend, some will love it, some will hate it. I've always dreamed of making a game like this, so for me, it's more than just a game, it's something I've been thinking about for a long time.
That's me. I loved it, I personally did what everyone will tell you. Go in with NO expectations. Just walk into it like you would a game back in the day. Before youtube, before everyone was covering it and broadcasting crap on it. Just see something that looks cool, and try it out. Hell, go to Gamestop and get the physical copy even (or rent it on Redbox)! So if you don't like it, you can take it back. But in all honesty, it's quite an amazing game. And I am typically a story hound on games. I love lore and story lines. This game is like Dark Souls. It gives you a cookie-crumble trail of lore and background on things. Honestly, this game is quite unique and quite amazing. Regardless of whatever content was, or was not, in it at release.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2016, 05:11:46 AM »
Finally got a chance to play some more.

Newest discovery, galaxy free roam, I just forgot about planets and surfed the stars for about half an hour. They did that well. I would have liked to have seen some plain old black areas clear of gas and nebulae, and some more variety in the procedural generation of the gas, but it is still a trip.

KeefdaQueef

• ARE YOU OPEN ON THURRSDAYYYS!?!?!?!?!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Keefer511
  • Steam: Gran Autismo
« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2016, 01:57:51 AM »
I'm really looking forward to No Mans Sky.

18 quintillion possible planets. To put that into some kind of perspective, if a new planet was discovered every second, it'd take 585 billion years before they're all discovered.

It's an MMO. When you start the game for the first time, your spawned onto your own planet, a planet that has not yet been discovered.

If you discover a new planet, you're credited with that discovery and everyone who visits that planet later will see your name.

Below is a good discussion on what's know about the game so far:

18,446,744,073,709,551,616 To be exact. Bold strat by the devs so the game will never die. In a "few" billion years.
hey... somethings not right...

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2016, 05:45:31 AM »
There is still hope:

"This is a labour of love for us, and itís just the beginning."

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/09/development-update/

Future update list:
http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 06:48:40 AM by Craig »

Stoneart

• "There's always time to get your block's off"
    • View Profile
    • Discord link to my game (Coven)
  • Xbox: stoneart
  • PSN: Xx_Phoenix_Down_xX
« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2016, 04:16:14 PM »
There is still hope:

"This is a labour of love for us, and itís just the beginning."

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/09/development-update/

Future update list:
http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/

I like this, I took a little break from this game. Didn't want to burn myself out on it too fast.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2016, 04:35:59 PM »
Likewise. Last time I checked, my stats were that I've warped at least 60 times, been through about 5-6 black holes, and a lot of space stations. I had around 20 million units last time I was on.

As far as the patch notes are concerned, this sounds amazing. New intergalactic paths, new biomes, reorganized algorithm for universe generation, ship diversity. I'm excited. I really cannot wait to see what we have coming to us next.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2016, 04:34:02 AM »
I don't know if anyone has noticed in No Mans Sky, Hello Games has copied Bungie's Destiny user interface, almost 100%, even the pop up panes, title bars, right down to small details of icon placement and style.

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2016, 04:42:16 AM »
I don't know if anyone has noticed in No Mans Sky, Hello Games has copied Bungie's Destiny user interface, almost 100%, even the pop up panes, title bars, right down to small details of icon placement and style.
does that mean they'll be expecting a suit in the near future?