Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  No Man's Sky  (Read 13388 times)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2016, 04:39:46 PM »
I have about half of the words that you have, and half of almost all the rest. Or a bit more. o you've been around the block in that universe.
That's because you've been spending too much time making money ;)
But I got my ship. 8)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2016, 06:40:31 PM »
I haven't played enough to get a feel for what could have been, but the main disappointments for me are:

• Space combat. It's just sluggish rubbish.
  • Survival, it's to easy. I haven't died on the surface yet. Part of the problem, resources are just way to bountiful.
  • The solar system layout is artificial. I can understand why they did it, but it destroys the authenticity.
  • The fauna. I don't know if it's just where I've been, but there is hardly any around. Nothing like the demo's that showed several different kinds of fauna running around everywhere.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2016, 06:49:00 PM »
I haven't played enough to get a feel for what could have been, but the main disappointments for me are:

• Space combat. It's just sluggish rubbish.
Well, try attacking a Space Station. They will most likely murder you. I agree, it's hard to put up a fight sometimes due to ship speeds, aiming (sometimes the hit box never shows up for the opponent. Other times it's showing even if they are many miles away), even dodge maneuvers.
  • Survival, it's to easy. I haven't died on the surface yet. Part of the problem, resources are just way to bountiful.
Sometimes. I've had trouble surviving if I forgot to get some type of Isotope for my gear. I was almost killed on one desolate dead planet. It had BARELY any resources. Part of the issue is MOST planets are bountiful. Others, others are completely dead. And, if you happen to stumble on the planet that has EXTREME pressure or other atmospheric extremes, you have to watch your Atmosphere protection on your suit. As it uses different materials to power it. And some planets deteriorate the suits protection at ALARMING levels. A quarter every minute or so.
  • The solar system layout is artificial. I can understand why they did it, but it destroys the authenticity.
I can kind of agree with that. They just need to be more natural with the system for planet generation.
  • The fauna. I don't know if it's just where I've been, but there is hardly any around. Nothing like the demo's that showed several different kinds of fauna running around everywhere.
It's individual. I have planets with so much flora and fauna I bump into a new discovery every second of my exploration. It's just random per galaxy/planet. I've seen various amounts of differences.
[/list]

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2016, 07:34:41 PM »
Well, try attacking a Space Station. They will most likely murder you. I agree, it's hard to put up a fight sometimes due to ship speeds, aiming (sometimes the hit box never shows up for the opponent. Other times it's showing even if they are many miles away), even dodge maneuvers.
No I mean the ship control is just sluggish, feels like I'm flying an airbus. It's not interesting at all. And having to open the full inventory menu and navigate it to recharge equipment is lame.

I can kind of agree with that. They just need to be more natural with the system for planet generation.
No they did it like this intentionally for gameplay reasons. But I think they could have been more inventive, considering it's so core.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2016, 07:38:17 PM »
No I mean the ship control is just sluggish, feels like I'm flying an airbus. It's not interesting at all. And having to open the full inventory menu and navigate it to recharge equipment is lame.
Really? The one I bought takes turns nicely and maneuvers pretty well. I suppose from ship to ship it changes. Well, the more equipment you have the more it takes. I do get having to navigate the inventory to re-charge parts of the ship. But I kind of enjoy it. It feels more real. You have to keep each piece of the ship charged for optimal performance.

No they did it like this intentionally for gameplay reasons. But I think they could have been more inventive, considering it's so core.
Okay yeah, I agree with that one.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2016, 07:46:22 PM »
Well, the more equipment you have the more it takes. I do get having to navigate the inventory to re-charge parts of the ship. But I kind of enjoy it. It feels more real. You have to keep each piece of the ship charged for optimal performance.
But you can't control/fly your ship while you're doing it, that's the problem. It's like combat in the TM pre hotbar days but much worse.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2016, 07:49:13 PM »
Well, the more equipment you have the more it takes. I do get having to navigate the inventory to re-charge parts of the ship. But I kind of enjoy it. It feels more real. You have to keep each piece of the ship charged for optimal performance.
But you can't control/fly your ship while you're doing it, that's the problem. It's like combat in the TM pre hotbar days but much worse.
OH! Okay, I got you. Yeah, that's a pain in the ass. You want a quick button hit so you can fly/combat fight while refueling systems instead of getting bombarded while in menu trying to keep your ship from being destroyed.

amos

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2016, 06:03:17 PM »
If you want a better ship the fastest and cheapest way to upgrade is by finding crashed ships.  Eventually you run across one with more slots.

1. Find any orange scanner.

2. Use Bypass Chips and search for Transmissions until you locate a Transmission Tower.  (Once you know what these look like you can skip scanning and just look for them on the surface.)

3. Solve the simple logic puzzle at the tower to locate a crashed ship. (No languages required.)

4. If the ship is better fix it up and claim it. (Even if it's not, they have some goodies for you)

48 slots is the maximum.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 06:27:29 PM by amos »

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2016, 06:28:53 PM »
See, even my brother did this method when finding his new ship. However, I have scoured a great deal of Systems and Planets and have not found a single ship. Maybe it's just my luck? Either way, making money for me was not hard. So I just made a lot of Units and traded for a random traders ship on one of the many Space Stations I frequented.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2016, 02:18:54 AM »
This is a unique game.

1. It is more ambitious than anything ever attempted before by any games company in history. And the team is only 6 people.
2. It is possibly a small glimpse into the future of gaming in that procedural generation will take over from hand crafted 'worlds'.

I wish them success. But they have taken a rather large bite.
ambitious is usually a word used to describe broken games... I hope this one turns out okay.
I haven't got to play it yet, but I am considering getting it. Was i right in my initial assessment, or is it actually worth buying? Because I've heard most of the features were gutted for the release

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas