Author Topic:  Birthday Cake Smiley  (Read 1224 times)

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DiamondBack662
  • Steam: DiamondBack662
Re: Birthday Cake Smiley
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 10:38:51 PM »
I reveal my real age and birthdate on this site only... Is that still dangerous?

The thing is.. it's not all you reveal.. if all anyone had was just a birthday.. no. not a problem.. but along with your tastes, Xbox profile info and other details you reveal to the site.. you are very easy to track down.. if you use the same name elsewhere.. even easier. Combine all the details.. you practically give out your home address.

Fudge

• Mr. Buzzkill ready for business
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: albinoASIAN303
  • Steam: carterpc4
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 10:40:11 PM »
The little birthday cake idea is cute, but it should be optional towards the member. Maybe something on settings for their profile to set if they want a birthday cake, present, etc..displayed on their profile page.
   This is a smiley. Like /ham , something you can use in the ShoutBox or in posts. But that's also a good idea.
(_)- look away m9

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: Mythical Monkey
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 10:43:36 PM »
   This is a smiley. Like /ham , something you can use in the ShoutBox or in posts. But that's also a good idea.
he is talking about the cake that shows on a bday

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • Jectz.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 10:48:09 PM »
The thing is.. it's not all you reveal.. if all anyone had was just a birthday.. no. not a problem.. but along with your tastes, Xbox profile info and other details you reveal to the site.. you are very easy to track down.. if you use the same name elsewhere.. even easier. Combine all the details.. you practically give out your home address.
My forum name is Rejectz. It has nothing to do with my Gamertag.
The gamertag I put is not my account. And the only thing that is real is my age.
And my games I play. Which millions of others my age play.
So I'm pretty sure i'm safe releasing that info on here.

Welcome, come on inside...

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DiamondBack662
  • Steam: DiamondBack662
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 10:51:41 PM »
My forum name is Rejectz. It has nothing to do with my Gamertag.
The gamertag I put is not my account. And the only thing that is real is my age.
And my games I play. Which millions of others my age play.
So I'm pretty sure i'm safe releasing that info on here.

example.. waldoWinz.. (bang).. poor Matt..

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 11:59:44 PM »
I reveal my real age and birthdate on this site only... Is that still dangerous?

My personal belief on the subject is that I do not want to live my life in perpetual anxiety and fear like so many others.

Basic information about yourself cannot necessarily in and of itself get you abducted, or harassed by anyone on the internet. Oftentimes it helps people understand and relate to you better so that you can have more meaningful conversations. That is not to say that you should not be careful. You should never tell anyone something as important as your full name, or address, but things that cannot directly identify you as Rejectz aren't so taboo.

Honestly, though, if you are underage it is a conversation you should have with your parents.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 01:05:54 AM »
Everyone has gotten a bit off track here, this is a topic about a smiley ??? Not that it isn't an interesting subject, but it should be a thread of it's own

Anyways, added. Of course I'm not going to tell anyone what it is, so whoever figures it out first gets to tease everyone who doesn't know it. Good times were had by all

Fudge

• Mr. Buzzkill ready for business
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: albinoASIAN303
  • Steam: carterpc4
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 08:42:05 AM »
Everyone has gotten a bit off track here, this is a topic about a smiley ??? Not that it isn't an interesting subject, but it should be a thread of it's own

Anyways, added. Of course I'm not going to tell anyone what it is, so whoever figures it out first gets to tease everyone who doesn't know it. Good times were had by all

Well, off to go spam the ShoutBox. Oh, and thank you bob. :)
(_)- look away m9

RXZ x REPLAYZz

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 11:34:45 AM »
Ill let you all use it for me on Monday! ;) heheh