Author Topic:  In-Dev Sandbox Indie Game Crevis  (Read 17714 times)

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: Mythical Monkey
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
Re: New In-Dev Sandbox Indie Game (I know, very long title) Crevis
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 06:33:04 PM »
It's small if you are referring to a community. I'm trying to grow the community, trying to find people interested in my game  :D
like GB of mb

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: Mythical Monkey /mm

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 06:45:47 PM »
The game is still in early stages, I've been working on lore and graphics but I could use helping hands! And, yes, the game is in need of pixelated graphics. Also, the game will have a crafting approach where you craft items from resources found in the world. There will be planets where there are better resources than the one you start on. As you travel the stars, resources that were valuable on the starting planet are now common. To use the materials on the advanced planets, you will need to upgrade your crafting stations. Upgrading your crafting station will allow you to craft more things with more materials. Crafting stations can include ovens, anvils, kitchen in a box.. get the picture? Anyways, that's what I WANT the game to be and what I'm going for.

To get to the next planet, will you have portals? Or will it be a build a spaceship to get to world 2, crash land, have to build a stronger one to break the new atmosphere to get to world 3.

The second option would allow for mechanics, "Redstone" if you will, it could lead to building moon buggies and vehicles.

Crafting could use "X" metal parts(depending on size) 4x rubber(tires, also a new block that bounces you, or stops fall damage) and a circuit board(copper wires, made from... copper)

Also, what program would you prefer the graphics to be made in, I can start on a few prototypes in TM here if you'd like.

Can I have a few things that you need graphics of(tools, blocks,... Animals...) the style(futuristic, medieval, etc.), and block size(pixels X pixels X pixels)

I have always wanted to help make a game, and this may be my chance to be the very best, like no one(except Craig) ever was.

Niften

• Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Crevis
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 08:54:44 PM »
Thank you for all of your support! :)
ya mad or ya bad?

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2014, 09:45:56 PM »
Here's a rushed plant, how's it look?

My brother was hassling me because he wanted to get on league. I had to throw in terrible shading for the dirt and grass.

I would love to see a block, or something that you have, so I can reformat this.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 12:17:10 AM »
The game is still in early stages, I've been working on lore and graphics but I could use helping hands! And, yes, the game is in need of pixelated graphics. Also, the game will have a crafting approach where you craft items from resources found in the world. There will be planets where there are better resources than the one you start on. As you travel the stars, resources that were valuable on the starting planet are now common. To use the materials on the advanced planets, you will need to upgrade your crafting stations. Upgrading your crafting station will allow you to craft more things with more materials. Crafting stations can include ovens, anvils, kitchen in a box.. get the picture? Anyways, that's what I WANT the game to be and what I'm going for.

Thinking I should probably post my reply to this on your forum, not this one, so I'll just go ahead and do that right now.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2014, 01:27:51 AM »
Just wanted to come back and say that I'm having a great time learning about Crevis on their forums. The more I read the more I want to play.

Also, is Mysterio on the development team? I saw something about the MysterioFan being a part of the team, or something. Found that interesting.

Niften

• Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Crevis
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2014, 01:36:59 AM »
Just wanted to come back and say that I'm having a great time learning about Crevis on their forums. The more I read the more I want to play.

Also, is Mysterio on the development team? I saw something about the MysterioFan being a part of the team, or something. Found that interesting.

I won't let just anyone on the team whenever. I'll be waiting to see if they are trustworthy.
ya mad or ya bad?

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2014, 01:40:48 AM »
I won't let just anyone on the team whenever. I'll be waiting to see if they are trustworthy.

Mysterio is a pretty active member here, and it just surprised me a bit to see his name on the website at all. Let alone on the Team part of the website.

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2014, 02:19:42 AM »
Is this topic even allowed? Rule #16 says:  16) No advertising, ie, don't post topics on your ebay shop, or selling xbox points cards, etc. These will be treated exactly as a spambot and removed without warning

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2014, 02:56:08 AM »
Advertising isn't allowed, if you are selling something.

He's just spreading the word about his game, which is 100% allowed on the forums.

As long as it doesn't sell you anything, or ask about giving them free stuff, its okey

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2014, 08:16:55 AM »
Advertising isn't allowed, if you are selling something.

He's just spreading the word about his game, which is 100% allowed on the forums.

As long as it doesn't sell you anything, or ask about giving them free stuff, its okey
Oh I see :P

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2014, 09:10:48 AM »
 /heidy
Mysterio is a pretty active member here, and it just surprised me a bit to see his name on the website at all. Let alone on the Team part of the website.
yes I am apart of the team but not  as a developer

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2014, 10:03:51 AM »
Is this topic even allowed? Rule #16 says:  16) No advertising, ie, don't post topics on your ebay shop, or selling xbox points cards, etc. These will be treated exactly as a spambot and removed without warning

The game hasn't been released yet, so even if you wanted to you wouldn't be able to spend any money on the game.

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2014, 10:41:41 AM »

Jesse

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards