Author Topic: [PC] Total Miner: Forge PC Edition - Discussion  (Read 44739 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
[PC] Re: Total Miner: Forge PC Edition - Discussion
« Reply #555 on: December 11, 2016, 11:07:34 PM »
The retextured eyes on the Boy are rather unsettling.
You should have seen the yellow ones ;)

Korima

• Group 601 - Zombies and Buildings
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: FormulaThomas
Re: Total Miner: Forge PC Edition - Discussion
« Reply #556 on: December 19, 2016, 11:10:33 PM »
Heyo, it's been awhile and I'll admit I'm hyped. After abandoning my 360 for the PC I always did miss TM and the adventure maps we made. Recently discovered it on Steam green light and freaked. My friends and I are hyped for the PC release, but were wondering, will our Robotic carry over? I searched the topics but couldn't seem to find anything.
"Where are we going.... from here? Where have we gone?"

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #557 on: December 20, 2016, 12:06:56 AM »
Heyo, it's been awhile and I'll admit I'm hyped. After abandoning my 360 for the PC I always did miss TM and the adventure maps we made. Recently discovered it on Steam green light and freaked. My friends and I are hyped for the PC release, but were wondering, will our Robotic carry over? I searched the topics but couldn't seem to find anything.
Ofcorse lol why wouldn't it

Also,if you've earned it,all you'd have to do is provide proof and most likely you'll get robotic unlocked on your steam acct

November Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #558 on: December 20, 2016, 04:54:23 AM »
When Total Miner comes out on PC, will there be anything special for those people who unlocked Demigods on the 360 version? I'm quite curious to know.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #559 on: December 20, 2016, 07:18:37 PM »
I have a request

Could the Limit for sounds played in a area or radius be raised,or removed?thisll be really useful,especially with mod support

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #560 on: January 05, 2017, 07:20:44 AM »
Dont know if this is being added, but if possible, you might wanna add an option on the joinable players to make it friends only and friends of friends.Yeah there's private slots, but this could make it to where it better determines who can join, and if you want it strictly just friends

Ark

• YouTuber
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #561 on: February 13, 2017, 01:11:22 PM »
I cant wait for TM on PC

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #562 on: February 13, 2017, 02:06:22 PM »
Dont know if this is being added, but if possible, you might wanna add an option on the joinable players to make it friends only and friends of friends.Yeah there's private slots, but this could make it to where it better determines who can join, and if you want it strictly just friends

To add on to this, There should be a whitelist. Especially for dedicated servers.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #563 on: May 21, 2017, 06:28:16 AM »
With the lack of updates recently I've been growing more surious of how TM pc will look and be. I've gathered a few questions together that have recently been on my mind in the hope that I'll get an answer. Thanks in advance.

> Will there be a demo for PC like there was on Xbox 360?
> Will there be a way to use the texting feature without going into the start menu, e.g. A hot key?
> Will there be any fees for the multiplayer aspect of TM PC?
> It there's a large sum of people buying the game, would the price increase?
> Should we expect any 'easter eggs' for TM PC?

That's about it for now,
Once again thanks in advance
TheDestinedCrab
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #564 on: May 21, 2017, 07:37:20 AM »
> Will there be a way to use the texting feature without going into the start menu, e.g. A hot key?
You currently still must go through a menu to chat to other players in text.
Unlikely. Standard remotes should be able to join most public servers, and average players should be able to host a peer-to-peer based online session as currently. If server support is implemented, then fees that apply to running them are to apply as they would normally.
Unlikely to be a direct correlation, if any.
In a similar resemblance to the Xbox 360 version, possibly.
-Alionz

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #565 on: May 21, 2017, 01:21:55 PM »
With the lack of updates recently I've been growing more surious of how TM pc will look and be. I've gathered a few questions together that have recently been on my mind in the hope that I'll get an answer. Thanks in advance.

> Will there be a demo for PC like there was on Xbox 360?

That's about it for now,
Once again thanks in advance
TheDestinedCrab

I imagine a free demo is unlikely, but Steam does have a 2-week/2-hour refund policy that they honor pretty consistently.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #566 on: June 30, 2017, 11:59:35 AM »
Hi,

I've been gathering questions from my mind the past few days. Hopefully someone can help me out with them :)

Okay so I was worried that with custom avatars trolls would make a really small skin or make a skin out of invisible barriers. Will there be a ban on certain blocks / sizes?

I was also confused about the way multiplayer map selection will work. Will it still be that 'map screen' from Xbox 360?

I'm going to assume that the above question is a yes and also that there will be a lot of people hosting maps during the first few days of PC release. Will there be multiple pages for the map screen or will there be hundreds on the same page?

Will we be able to use keyboard shortcuts such as copy and paste whilst typing in text and scripting?

Thanks in advance,
TheDestinedCrab.

Edit: changed NYC to my lol stupid auto correct.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:37:45 AM by TheDestinedCrab »

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #567 on: June 30, 2017, 05:23:20 PM »
Hi,

I've been gathering questions from NYC mind the past few days. Hopefully someone can help me out with them :)

Okay so I was worried that with custom avatars trolls would make a really small skin or make a skin out of invisible barriers. Will there be a ban on certain blocks / sizes?

I was also confused about the way multiplayer map selection will work. Will it still be that 'map screen' from Xbox 360?

I'm going to assume that the above question is a yes and also that there will be a lot of people hosting maps during the first few days of PC release. Will there be multiple pages for the map screen or will there be hundreds on the same page?

Will we be able to use keyboard shortcuts such as copy and paste whilst typing in text and scripting?

Thanks in advance,
TheDestinedCrab.

Considering that the custom avatar creation system and multiplayer have not been made yet, it's difficult to say as of yet how they will work.

As for keyboard shortcuts, copy/paste is already implemented in the in-game script editor, and you can also use external text editors like notepad to type out scripts.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

November Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #568 on: June 30, 2017, 05:28:16 PM »
Considering that the custom avatar creation system and multiplayer have not been made yet, it's difficult to say as of yet how they will work.

When it is ready and does work. I'm gonna be making my own custom avatar. It's gonna be a ducky with a monicle, top hat and a staff. He will be magnificent.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #569 on: July 01, 2017, 04:39:00 AM »
Hi,

I've been gathering questions from NYC mind the past few days. Hopefully someone can help me out with them :)

Thanks in advance,
TheDestinedCrab.

As for keyboard shortcuts, copy/paste is already implemented in the in-game script editor, and you can also use external text editors like notepad to type out scripts.

Thanks Gary :)

I'll ask these questions again when multiplayer is stable :)

Cheers,
TheDestinedCrab.