Author Topic:  "PlaySound" Script  (Read 298 times)

DatAwesomenessDoe

• Sesenta Nueveeeeee~
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr Page
    • Awards
  • PSN: DatAwesomeness
  • Steam: DatAwesomeness
"PlaySound" Script
« on: July 06, 2017, 06:10:27 PM »
  So I'm not an expert with scripting, and I know that there have been tons of sound ideas before, but I thought of something different. We have ambient sound blocks to apply sounds to certain areas, but what if that was available in scripting? What if we had a script that could play a sound file from the game, so that if you wanted to make a different sound when you break a specific block, you could make the game play a specific sound from the files. I could also see this being somewhat useful for applying sound mods to the game, but again, I'm not very good at modding or scripting, so if something like this is or isn't possible then feel free to let me know. Also, I couldn't think of how to write an example since I'm such a nub, but I feel like you guys should be able to get a general idea of what I mean.

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
  • Steam: Alienizd
Re: "PlaySound" Script
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 07:48:57 PM »
Sound Command Documentation
The "Sound" command mimics the Ambient Sound Block as use with Scripts; meaning that it only includes audio available within the Ambient Sound Block.
-Alionz