Author Topic:  Artifacts  (Read 369 times)

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
Artifacts
« on: June 26, 2017, 03:56:10 PM »
I think it would be really cool to find really powerful items in chests by exploring caves in dig deep and survival. These items could be called artifacts, and can do something really powerful, but only once every in game day. Like rares, but more powerful and less common.

The names and shapes of the objects can vary, but here is an example

Strength of Stone: Renders the user immune to elemental damage, increases drop speed, and eliminates fall damage. Upon landing, a concussive shock wave is made based on how far you fell, knocking any players back and doing damage to mobs. Makes you sink to the bottom of water, but while active you don't have to breathe. Players using their fists or wooden tools do no damage to you, and the first hit from each player/mob does no damage while in combat. Lasts for 90 seconds.

I think that going down this route could be really cool for RPG maps. Choosing your rings and amulets can already allow for deep customization of the way you play, and adding a power you can only use once in a day of battling will make you have to think hard about which one to use and when to use it.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: Artifacts
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 04:09:35 PM »
To give suggestions to your example, I think it should also disable double jump and  reduce your movement speed whilst in the air.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym