Author Topic:  Textures  (Read 260 times)

Kinetic plasma

• TOO MANY DEATHMINES... AGHHHHHHH!
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Textures
« on: June 11, 2017, 02:10:12 PM »
There is no...

Book texture for multi-texture block
Invisible barrier texture
Water or Lava texture
Teleporter texture
Cloud texture.

If I find more I will update this.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 03:56:49 PM by Kinetic plasma »
Started Total Miner 8/25/11
Top score in Total Rush Robotic contest 9/8/16
4th person to unlock the Demigod 11/27/16
Expert Builder
Beginner Scripter
Challenge map builder

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
  • Steam: Alienizd
Re: Textures
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 02:24:35 PM »
Presuming you are referring towards the listed texture being available for all blocks that feature multiple-textures...

• Invisible barrier: I also recall Craig previously has stating that he is against allowing this texture applied with few exceptions.
  • Water or Lava: No block that features multiple texture support properly supports being semi-translucent.

I support allowing the Teleporter to be enabled for the Multi-Texture Block if there are no complications with the change.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 03:14:49 PM by AlienizdPixel »
-Alionz

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 03:10:53 PM »
Presuming you are referring towards the listed texture being available for all blocks that feature multiple-textures...

• Book (Multi-Texture Block): The Multi-Texture Block does not support being translucent.
  • Invisible barrier: Multiple blocks that feature multiple texture support do not support being translucent. I also recall Craig previously has stating that he is against allowing this texture applied with few exceptions.
  • Water or Lava: No block that features multiple texture support properly supports being semi-translucent.
  • Teleporter: Multiple blocks that feature multiple texture support do not support being translucent.

I support allowing the Teleporter to be enabled for the Multi-Texture Block if there are no complications with the change.

Out of all of these textures, The only onse which are tranclucent are the water and lava textures. Almost all multitexturable blocks can support transparency because the glass texture is supported just fine.

Also, Semi-translucent makes no sense because translucent means that a surface let's some light through, But not all light. In other words, It is partially transparent.

I completely support invisible barrier on certain technical blocks like script blocks or proximity detectors, But otherwise it seems kinda pointless. As does the book texture. Teleporter would be great though.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
  • Steam: Alienizd
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 03:14:09 PM »
I was recalling incorrectly, multiple blocks do not allow light directly through.
-Alionz