Author Topic:  Star Members increased inbox limit  (Read 1269 times)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: Star Members increased inbox limit
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 05:50:09 PM »
Having the forum moderator pick individuals based on a loose set of qualifications doesn't seem all that arbitrary to me.

I just think that too restrictive qualifications (such as the one suggested in the OP) and no qualifications at all are the ways in which this wouldn't work very well.

Sorry, I misunderstood what Misty was saying.

I thought he said that if a star poster didn't want the extra space, They could gift it to someone else.

I was against that because it was arbitrary and unstructured if someone didn't want the extra space. However that thing I disagreed with was a fabrication of my brain.

I'm all for other people benefiting from it, It's just that star posters are easier to justify, Hence why I mentioned star posters in the OP.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 07:48:52 PM »
Here's my q

What determines the inbox size exactly and is that thing upgradable(prob something bob would have to answer)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 08:41:45 PM »
Here's my q

What determines the inbox size exactly and is that thing upgradable(prob something bob would have to answer)

I am not 100%, But I am fairly sure members of the adult discussion board had infinite (Or vastly increased) inbox space at one point before my time.

In addition, Mods have increased inbox space (As Tom has mentioned) so that you can always contact them.

Edit:

Well umm actually for a very long time till I made the mistake of ummm pointing it out. Adult members had unlimited PM's.... And I didn't see anyproblems happening :/ then again maybe thier was... Not like I could know >.>

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades, The Gaming Wizard
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 12:14:46 AM »
You people and pm space but you guys got a meter to know what your space is. :) But anyway my personal opinion is why limit it to star posters. I think it should be members Bob thinks been here long enough and pretty well known. So they may need a bit more space. Not all known contacted members have star poster.
I'm not kidding. Take my DAMN spaces. I dislike PM's. I am anti-social and have a disdain for certain folks. Take my PRIVATE MESSAGE SPACES and give them to someone who actually cares. I love ya bob, but I do not love PM's. lol

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 02:40:24 AM »
You will always get the people who register, wait a day and think they need it. The whole idea will just cause arguments that Bob doesn't need. Why should he add something for tye benefit of maybe 20 others, that will cause unnecessary arguments?
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 04:23:06 PM »
IMO its star poster not start pm'er if a person has a question the they post then someone answers not someone post then you pm them the reply. If you fill up your inbox that fast (Within a week) then bob should for that one person. There is a fine line between someones inbox being filled up really fast and laziness to clear it out. That's just what it is laziness. When my inbox is about 80% I clear them its not that hard.