Author Topic:  I need help with a level script  (Read 836 times)

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
Re: I need help with a level script
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 05:56:36 PM »
Tater already has that script for you, ask him to share his RPG Pack with you, it should be hiding in there somewhere.

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 09:53:16 PM »
Also, with taters script, for selling, use this

If
HasInventory [item they are selling] [true]
Then
Inventory [item they are selling] [take] [1]
History [name of xp history mark] [+Amount of XP given when sold]
Inventory [player] [add] [goldpieces] [amount the block is sold for]
Loop
Else
EndIf

This makes it so when they press a button, it takes all the blocks they have, and exchanges it for a certain amount of xp and gold.

Thanks now I need to know how too make the levels and the hudbar to update when they reach the amount of XP

Every time they earn XP, you check to see if they have the amount of XP required, based on their level. If they don't, then put an else that does nothing, if they do, then put something like this...

If

HasHistory [level] [=] [1]

HasHistory [exp] [=>] [100]

Then

History [level] [player] [+1]

History [exp] [player] [-100]

HudBar [...] (You add the same HUD, just with a larger max history count (instead of a 100 exp limit, its now 200))

Wait [250]

Loop

You loop to check if they got enough exp to level up twice, all at once. You would change this to add a level 2,3, so on...

If you watched my video on how to do it, I also showed how to make a level display that refreshes with each level and it tells the player what level they are on

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 07:50:07 AM »
I said this a while ago, but us Elders should come back and think of a new trend, something astonishing, stellar, amazing, innovative.

There is nothing old about joining here in 2015. You may have played the game for maybe a year before that, but that is nothing. Its not about how long you have been playing. Its about how good you are at building and scripting, but most importantly, its about your passion for the game. There is no need to seperate elders and none elders. That nonsense is ridiculous!
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • Jectz.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 07:57:18 AM »
I said this a while ago, but us Elders should come back and think of a new trend, something astonishing, stellar, amazing, innovative.

There is nothing old about joining here in 2015. You may have played the game for maybe a year before that, but that is nothing. Its not about how long you have been playing. Its about how good you are at building and scripting, but most importantly, its about your passion for the game. There is no need to seperate elders and none elders. That nonsense is ridiculous!
I think that 80 - 90% of the great builders are elders. I don't consider many people great though, but i've played the game for 4 years now and imo the players that have have joined the community in the past 1 - 2 years don't even come close to touching a lot of elders building ability.
Welcome, come on inside...

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 09:03:47 AM »
I think that 80 - 90% of the great builders are elders. I don't consider many people great though, but i've played the game for 4 years now and imo the players that have have joined the community in the past 1 - 2 years don't even come close to touching a lot of elders building ability.

That depends on who you are referring to, What style, And at what builds you are comparing them to.

I think 1-2 years is a pretty broad range tbh. We had plenty of good builders since 2.0 came out IMO.

I'd say it started to go downhill for builders after 2.3.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2016, 03:23:00 PM »
us Elders should come back

You're not an elder

and think of a new trend, something astonishing, stellar, amazing, innovative.

even if a new trend did happened. Between the more experienced players, that doesn't mean it would be the popular way to go, and whatever map it was, would be ruined, simply because the popular maps are the ones that can be built and set up in a few minutes, then afk hosted for rates.

Have the best OG Scripters, to do something no one would ever think of, using variables, history, and importantly, unique thinking.

you should browse the scripts section. There are great things already in there. Its also not that easy to make something that no one would think of. That's why inventing stuff is pretty hard.

On a side note, I've had a project on the back burner since scripts were added, and I think its time I actually made it, because I'm sure what I needed at the time has been added

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2016, 05:42:30 PM »

You're not an elder +1

even if a new trend did happened. Between the more experienced players, that doesn't mean it would be the popular way to go, and whatever map it was, would be ruined, simply because the popular maps are the ones that can be built and set up in a few minutes, then afk hosted for rates. +1

Have the best OG Scripters, to do something no one would ever think of, using variables, history, and importantly, unique thinking.

you should browse the scripts section. There are great things already in there. Its also not that easy to make something that no one would think of. That's why inventing stuff is pretty hard.

On a side note, I've had a project on the back burner since scripts were added, and I think its time I actually made it, because I'm sure what I needed at the time has been added
+1

i agree with all of this, and my main point is, why should we seperate elders and non elders? Since when was that a thing? All of a sudden one person wants to be special and decides to be an elder? No. We are one community, and we are not divided.

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • Jectz.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2016, 06:17:49 PM »

You're not an elder +1

even if a new trend did happened. Between the more experienced players, that doesn't mean it would be the popular way to go, and whatever map it was, would be ruined, simply because the popular maps are the ones that can be built and set up in a few minutes, then afk hosted for rates. +1

+1

i agree with all of this, and my main point is, why should we seperate elders and non elders? Since when was that a thing? All of a sudden one person wants to be special and decides to be an elder? No. We are one community, and we are not divided.
I'm an elder, and I stated that I think most of the Elder players are better than the newer ones that came within the last 1 - 2 years. It's my opinion though. I've observed the newer and older builders and think that elders by far beat the newer. The newer still has talent but less of a number of talented builders by a bit.
Welcome, come on inside...

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2016, 06:23:42 PM »
Who said there was a reason to divide the forum? bob? craig? tom? No. 'Elders' will make too many arguments on this forum. Theres no need for it.