Author Topic:  Replace Post count with:  (Read 324 times)

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Replace Post count with:
« on: January 15, 2016, 04:00:22 PM »
I know that there are LOTS of "Remove post count" suggested topics but, I am thinking that we shouldn't just remove the colored names (Mostly because it's one of the things that keep members online) but rather replace the rank up count as a buddy count, liked post count, or profile comment count, or any other ideas that you guys have.

Of course it would awhile to re-edit the website's script to do so but, in the end, it should stop all of the post count nonsense.

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
Re: Replace Post count with:
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 04:19:40 PM »
I know that there are LOTS of "Remove post count" suggested topics

Then why didn't you reply to one of those?

but, I am thinking that we shouldn't just remove the colored names (Mostly because it's one of the things that keep members online)

Then those members are here for the wrong reasons.

but rather replace the rank up count as a buddy count, liked post count, or profile comment count, or any other ideas that you guys have.

What?

Of course it would awhile to re-edit the website's script to do so but, in the end, it should stop all of the post count nonsense.

And how does creating a new topic about post counts help to stop that nonsense?

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 04:26:24 PM »
I'm not making any changes to the post count system. I could spend the next 6 months working on the worlds greatest system for it and it would change exactly nothing. There a reason why basically every forum on the internet uses the exact same system.

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 04:31:43 PM »
Then why didn't you reply to one of those?
I have and I mostly agreed.

Then those members are here for the wrong reasons.
We know but I'd rather help them realize that it's not right instead of kicking them out.

What?
I mean like something else to rank members up. Post count is causing more problems than good things.

And how does creating a new topic about post counts help to stop that nonsense?
Ask the others who did them. This is mostly an idea topic than a argue topic. Its a "What If" kind of topic and a "Would you agree" topic too.

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 04:33:08 PM »
I'm not making any changes to the post count system. I could spend the next 6 months working on the worlds greatest system for it and it would change exactly nothing. There a reason why basically every forum on the internet uses the exact same system.
Alright then. Block this topic then.

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 04:34:51 PM »
It wasn't an arguement i was just asking questions to get a better understanding of what you meant.

But... Sir Bob has spoken so it is irrelevant.

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 04:53:34 PM »
It wasn't an arguement i was just asking questions to get a better understanding of what you meant.

But... Sir Bob has spoken so it is irrelevant.
I know you wasn't arguing. I was just saying, in most of the other posts like this, the members replies seem excessive.

Mighty Sir Bob. Banish this topic for eteternity with your Mighty Banhammer!