Author Topic:  delete post count or remove the coloured names  (Read 2620 times)

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: delete post count or remove the coloured names
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2015, 07:33:31 AM »
+1 @Gary

If the newbies do spam, eventually they will learn because, of the replies they get.

@Feurety- Its not about posting large text or how detailed the post is, it`s the infomation you gain from reading it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:36:49 AM by Dark Hydrak »

TheAwesomeBuilder

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2015, 07:38:32 AM »
+1 @Gary

If the newbies do spam, eventually they will learn because, of the replies they get.
Dark, you spam all the time, read what Craig said. :! That's my reply to you.  8)

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2015, 08:05:49 AM »
Fine, if this is so, then I won`t post ANYTHING for a whole day. I`m following this challenge to show you that even if I am spamming, that I`m not meaning to. I`ll still read posts but you won`t see me in a topic for awhile. 8)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 04:08:52 PM by Dark Hydrak »

Honditar Ushimaru

• Fun loving Noob
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: HaloMerc14
  • PSN: n\a
  • Steam: n\a
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2015, 08:17:04 AM »
This is stupid. Was this topic pointing directly at Dark? If you have a problem with someone spamming then ask them to stop. Some people don`t know when they are spamming. I know Dark personally and I know that he always puts thought into everything that he makes, posts are one of them. I also know that he doesn`t give a ---- about ranks anymore. He only wanted to be a member and he has reached that goal. Now you can`t get angry with him because he wanted something and got it the correct way. This needs to stop now.

-HU
-Honditar Ushimaru

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2015, 08:21:49 AM »
This is stupid. Was this topic pointing directly at Dark? If you have a problem with someone spamming then ask them to stop. Some people don`t know when they are spamming. I know Dark personally and I know that he always puts thought into everything that he makes, posts are one of them. I also know that he doesn`t give a ---- about ranks anymore. He only wanted to be a member and he has reached that goal. Now you can`t get angry with him because he wanted something and got it the correct way. This needs to stop now.

You do realize I can tell when one person is using 2 accounts right?

Even without even bothering to look up an IP, it's really easy.

Hint: Just look for someone who nobody knows showing up randomly 5 seconds later to defend account #1.

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2015, 02:58:43 PM »

@Feurety- Its not about posting large text or how detailed the post is, it`s the infomation you gain from reading it.

I've never said once that the length of a post matters.

What i said was it should be constructive, helpful and on topic.

The majority of yours are none of the above. Yet you still seem oblivious to what you're doing. Or at least trying to act that way. Even when people have made it clear they see right through it.

I suggest you read what Craig posted on page 2 again as he got it spot on.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 03:00:38 PM by Fuertey »

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2015, 03:05:39 PM »
I've never said once that the length of a post matters.

What i said was it should be constructive, helpful and on topic.

The majority of yours are none of the above. Yet you still seem oblivious to what you're doing. Or at least trying to act that way. Even when people have made it clear they see right through it.

I suggest you read what Craig posted on page 2 again as he got it spot on.
Well stated.

My posts are often short, but almost always offer something to the thread.

If you want a long winded relevant response look for Clerical or Steve.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2015, 03:33:09 PM »
Well stated.

If you want a long winded relevant response look for Clerical or Steve.

If you want a long winded relevant response to read something with a word count equivalent to a college textbook or the Bible look for Clerical or Steve.  ::)

But yeah,  I think on pretty much all forums newer members spam a bit at first to make their post count go up, so they "fit in" or something like that. That's what I've noticed (and admittedly done so a bit myself) across various forums.
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2015, 04:53:13 PM »
Well stated.

If you want a long winded relevant response look for Clerical, Steve, Or Dryym if you want a technical explanation that probably involves binary.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

JD DRAGON 7

• Legendary Member
  • I'm a freelance builder.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: JD DRAGON 7
  • PSN: JD_DRAGON7
  • Steam: JD_DRAGON_7
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2015, 04:59:56 PM »
Everyone wants to be recognized, but to spam to become known is just embarrassing, everyone can see when you are a spammer and won't like you the way you hoped.

I only sign in to the forums when I have somthing to say that is relevant to a topic, answers a question or post a idea. I read the forums as a guest till I see a topic I want to reply to and I don't care about post count or the color of my name or my awards. (except for robo so I can prove I'm not moding my robotic skin) Case in point, I passed the 2 year mark last month (I know this because mysterio told me as he keeps track of this) and I don't have the award yet and i don't care if I ever get it. Also I never got motm because I don't stay on the forums all the time talking on the shout box and replying to almost every post. I knew that I would never get it because I would not resort to doing those things, it's not who I am and it will never be me. It doesn't bother me that I never got it, so you will never see me crying to have it brought back.

I have over 1000 post and it took me 2 years to get there. If Bob could find a way to remove my post count without deleting my post and dropping it down to 0 and locking it to 0 I would be fine with that. I am well known for what I have done in the game not the forums and that's how I like it. It gives me a real sense of accomplishment not some hollow sense of accomplishment that anyone can get by spamming all day and every day.

In my opinion, the forums are for talking about the game we all love, bringing new ideas to the table, showing what we have done and asking how to do things we don't know how to do and answering questions that we know the answer to. (are at least we think we know, and if we are wrong we find out and learn) We are hear to meet new players, make new friends, and talk about the game period. This is not a popularity contest, so don't make it one.

Well I guess now my name will be added to Clerical and Steve. Lol
Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional.
Wii U      JD_DRAGON_7
360        JD DRAGON 7
Ps3/ps4  JD_DRAGON7
Steam    JD_DRAGON_7

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT GoatOnTheMoon
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2015, 05:09:40 PM »
You do realize I can tell when one person is using 2 accounts right?

Even without even bothering to look up an IP, it's really easy.

Hint: Just look for someone who nobody knows showing up randomly 5 seconds later to defend account #1.

Or how his signature's are matching in format, and the way he writes n/a in his PSN on his profile. The stealth is impressive.

stewydeadmike

• Elite Member
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: stewydead mike
  • PSN: don't have one :(
  • Steam: stewydeadmike
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2015, 05:22:08 PM »
am I the only one who is opposed to removing post counts/colored names? while yeah it would remove any incentive to spam, spamming isn't exactly a big problem on the forums right now at least. Although I personally like seeing that little number below my name get bigger, but not enough to start spamming topics.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2015, 05:26:21 PM »
spamming isn't exactly a big problem on the forums right now at least.
Actually it is more of a problem now than it has been for awhile, which is probably why this topic started. But it's only due to a handful of members. 99% of members don't spam. If those handful of members stopped spamming, the forum would be more pleasant, and members wouldn't get annoyed by the spam.

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2015, 05:39:25 PM »
Would it be possible to add time registered requirements to ranks as well? That might help with the posting for ranks issue. Like, at least 1 year a member, and 1000 posts for yellow names?

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2015, 05:54:15 PM »
Actually it is more of a problem now than it has been for awhile, which is probably why this topic started.

The spam seems to come with each wave of new members after each major update. With the big exciting updates come new members joining, or old members coming out of the woodwork to see the peer review countdown.
After a while the people who spam get ahold of themselves and slow down, but it is inevitable that we will be back to this same problem once v2.5 hits or the PC port goes live.

As for the spamming dilemma in general, it's obvious some people use replying to a thread like a text chat.
Not to mention the vague, non descriptive thread titles like "a quick q about X"
You make me smile!