Author Topic:  delete post count or remove the coloured names  (Read 2622 times)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
delete post count or remove the coloured names
« on: November 10, 2015, 10:06:14 PM »
just something to help fix all of the people that like spamming

or take away the want to go for a dark green(sr rank) or yellow even

just something

TheAwesomeBuilder

Re: delete post count or remove the coloured names
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 10:10:47 PM »
just something to help fix all of the people that like spamming

or take away the want to go for a dark green(sr rank) or yellow even

just something
Yeah, I hate those spammers, it took me a day to realize I had Sr. Maybe there can be an option where we can pick certain colors.

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 10:12:06 PM »
+1

The deletion of ranks would really stop people from spamming posts. Also, there is no goal with the ranks. There`s no reward or anything. The post ranks and the awards cause lots of spam and drama.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: Mythical Monkey
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 10:56:47 PM »
First off we can not just pick the color we want simple machiense does not allow that. Also really messes up things. And if you don't like certain peoples spam message the member ask them if they can cool down. And i know a few members are abit spammy. But they will soon blow off. And before post start attacking me read my sig. ;)

Edit the thing with the sig it use to say next gen spammer.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:58:30 PM by Monkey Mysterio Gobble!🍴 »

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 11:16:01 PM »
+1

The deletion of ranks would really stop people from spamming posts. Also, there is no goal with the ranks. There`s no reward or anything. The post ranks and the awards cause lots of spam and drama.

Bu-but I saw you getting excited about reaching the next ranks. Stopping spam is as simple as calling someone out on their spamming. Usually if people agree that someone's posts are too much, they'll agree on the matter.

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 11:40:24 PM »
I only wanted to be a member. Being fresh meat is a crule rank. Atleast a member is fine in my opinion. Once I reached that rank, I was going to slow down on the forums and not care about my post count. Also quick PM message trub, why do you mostly reply on posts after I do?

TheAwesomeBuilder

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 11:45:10 PM »
I only wanted to be a member. Being fresh meat is a crule rank. Atleast a member is fine in my opinion. Once I reached that rank, I was going to slow down on the forums and not care about my post count. Also quick PM message trub, why do you mostly reply on posts after I do?
Excuses, excuses, one of your posts was a 8) .

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 11:47:16 PM »
I thought you said Sr Member last time?

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 12:13:14 AM »
No myst, I didn`t. People have recently been calling me a spammer or a mini-moderator. I want to clear this up, if I have been spamming, just tell me, don`t report me on the spot without giving me a chance please. And I have absolutly no control over your topics. So please let this go. Thank you. Now back on topic.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 12:31:15 AM »
We don't really have that big of a problem with people spamming posts as of right now, and if there was one I'm sure the moderators would take care of it.

Colored names are an incentive to post more, and are helpful for newbies to identify members who have been around for a while.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 12:54:30 AM »
if I have been spamming, just tell me,

You're a spammer. 200 posts in less than a week. Most consisting of one word, one smiley or something totally irrelevant to the topic.

But, i'm not singling you out. There's others just as guilty.

Colored names are an incentive to post more, and are helpful for newbies to identify members who have been around for a while.

A coloured name doesn't determine how long someone has been a member for. Just how many posts they've made.

Members should make posts to help people and not to increase a number under there username or have a certain colour. But, unfortunately that's what we're seeing here recently.

I agree with Ugh. Take away or hide the post count and username colours. It would stop a lot of the spam and anyone who is genuinely here to help others wouldn't care if you did.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 01:05:15 AM »
A coloured name doesn't determine how long someone has been a member for. Just how many posts they've made.

Generally speaking, the members who have spent the most time on the forums have the highest post counts. You don't make 1000 posts in a week, and if you did a majority of your topics would likely be deleted.

Members should make posts to help people and not to increase a number under there username or have a certain colour. But, unfortunately that's what we're seeing here recently.

I agree with Ugh. Take away or hide the post count and username colours. It would stop a lot of the spam and anyone who is genuinely here to help others wouldn't care if you did.

There is such a thing as having both. You can make a post for the sake of wanting to help people, and still enjoy the idea of getting some recognition for your dedication to the forum.

I'm not really sure what you mean by all this "spam". Around 90% of the posts I come across are relevant to the topics they are relying to.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 01:12:11 AM »
There is such a thing as having both. You can make a post for the sake of wanting to help people, and still enjoy the idea of getting some recognition for your dedication to the forum.

Shouldn't recognition come from the contents of your post and helping people rather than the amount of posts?

A member makes 400 posts containing mainly one word answers or something irrelevant to the topic.

A member makes 100 posts helping people with constructive and relevant posts.

Who deserves more recognition?

Jesse

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 01:19:18 AM »
Shouldn't recognition come from the contents of your post and helping people rather than the amount of posts?

A member makes 400 posts containing mainly one word answers or something irrelevant to the topic.

A member makes 100 posts helping people with constructive and relevant posts.

Who deserves more recognition?
recognition is good for one but not many people make 400 post in a week actually no one post 400 post in a week. And I have to agree with Gary on this. It is a little recognition.

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 01:20:08 AM »
First off we can not just pick the color we want simple machiense does not allow that. Also really messes up things.
SMF most certainly does allow this with plugins, and I don't think it'd confuse people, we already have awards to show necessary ranks (developer, tester, etc).
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.