Author Topic:  A Guide to Attributes  (Read 2380 times)

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A Guide to Attributes
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 07:49:26 PM »
These are the type of worlds the Construction attribute was intended for, rather than work's in progress. I'd prefer to add a "Work In Progress" attribute for incomplete worlds. I could do that easily if you think it would be helpful.

It would most certainly help people browsing. Will update the OP with the intended construction definition. Thanks for the information Craig.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 10:23:41 PM »
These are the type of worlds the Construction attribute was intended for, rather than work's in progress. I'd prefer to add a "Work In Progress" attribute for incomplete worlds. I could do that easily if you think it would be helpful.
yes it would help allot that way people know

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 01:27:49 AM »
yes it would help allot that way people know
Added

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 02:04:36 AM »
I could use that attribute for my world now, for quite a while actually. I'd find this HIGHLY useful as well. Glad you're adding it! It would save folks from messaging me if it is done or not when they just joined.

RXZ x REPLAYZz

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 02:45:24 AM »
So I was right Con! >:D

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 09:06:42 AM »
Added
thnks Craig it was needed lol but now I'm hosting on that when I'm working on a map

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2014, 09:49:59 AM »
So I was right Con! >:D

Yeah :P I took it to mean under construction, rather than something that was constructed.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2014, 10:39:06 AM »
The best example I can think of is a number of Diamondback's, Dauntless's, and Quad's worlds. They usually feature large creative creations that players are simply meant to observe and take inspiration from.

I believe all three of us use the "construction" attribute, simply to denote that we are currently hosting this map while we are building something/an expo of builds that are complete, regardless of whether the map is finished or not. Everything is laid out where there isn't much hunting for secrets. More of a showcase.

I only use "exploration" attribute on my dig deep world, more on the basis that each build has something unique to explore inside of it. (i.e. Hogwarts has eight sets inside of the castle, and several more underground areas that require a player to be actively searching for a new path). Hence the idea that the player is exploring each build to discover new stuff.
You make me smile!