Author Topic: [PC] Total Miner: Forge PC Edition - Discussion  (Read 34052 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
[PC] Re: Total Miner: Forge PC Edition - Discussion
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 05:59:29 PM »
I thought community avatars were denied because we couldn't control obsentities and people having characters with all types of genitalia on them and Micro$haft wouldn't allow it?
No, this is a common myth, it has never been a reason against community avatars.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
Re: Total Miner: Forge PC Edition - Discussion
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 06:00:58 PM »
I thought community avatars were denied because we couldn't control obsentities and people having characters with all types of genitalia on them and Micro$haft wouldn't allow it?
Community made avatars are not being accepted because new avatar model, i am talking about making the avatar in game and making a post about the unlock to get it in the game,
not being able to have an in-game avatar creator that you can make all the unlocks in and even any genitalia or anything like that.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 06:04:24 PM »
Community made avatars are not being accepted because new avatar model, i am talking about making the avatar in game and making a post about the unlock to get it in the game,
not being able to have an in-game avatar creator that you can make all the unlocks in and even any genitalia or anything like that.
No, this is a common myth, it has never been a reason against community avatars.

Wow, then I am way off. That's what I was told when I first started playing. Then again that was 1.5 sooo. Yeah

Wanna Make Money Off Of Youtube? Partner With Freedom Today: https://www.freedom.tm/via/NeftyGaming

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 07:37:18 PM »
Would "modding" on the PC version also have to follow copyright laws?

I.e. if someone wanted to make a Skyrim mod that overlayed Elder Scroll characters on the avatars, would that be allowed on the PC version if someone from the community created it?
Im not saying breaking the law is the preferred method, but I was wondering if someone from the community would be allowed to make modifications that could be downloaded for free on Steam, that included such titles like Star Wars, Skyrim, Pokemon NPCs, etc?
You make me smile!

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2014, 07:53:02 PM »
Would "modding" on the PC version also have to follow copyright laws?

I.e. if someone wanted to make a Skyrim mod that overlayed Elder Scroll characters on the avatars, would that be allowed on the PC version if someone from the community created it?
Im not saying breaking the law is the preferred method, but I was wondering if someone from the community would be allowed to make modifications that could be downloaded for free on Steam, that included such titles like Star Wars, Skyrim, Pokemon NPCs, etc?
Nothing wrong with that, otherwise there would be no steam workshop XD, 90% of the things on the workshop are from other games/films

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2014, 11:35:10 AM »
I don't do steam, nor do I maintain much of a gaming PC these days. I prefer playing from the couch with a controller to sitting at a PC ( I do that all day for work, and have no desire to go home and do the same.), but I will look forward to the Xbone version that hopefully will follow after the PC version. Until then I'll be sticking with the 360 TM.

gota be like me and have it so you can use your pc form the comfyness of your bed ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2014, 11:36:25 AM »
Nothing wrong with that, otherwise there would be no steam workshop XD, 90% of the things on the workshop are from other games/films

i cant wait for steam workshop for it XD ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

deuceman2008

• Work Hard, Play Hard
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • In-Depth Skills Wiki Owner
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vKPv Owners
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2014, 10:16:19 PM »
As for will we have to buy it again- I wouldn't do all that work for free, would you? 
Of curse they'll be more features in the PC version- all the stuff Craig envisions adding to the game, but the 360 holds him back, he'll be able to with the PC (and One).

As for the rest of your post- this isn't minecraft.  As usual, there might be something better!
First Off, I don't think you have a right to speak for Craig about his onw game.

Now in all seriousness:
Craig may not want to have diffrent features on PC. He may want the games to be the same and just make it for the variety in systems and benifit of gamers of any platform.
Also,
Just because this isn't Minecraft donsn't mean there can't be some similar aspects to the game. Maybe(as MCEdit was not made by the makers of Minecraft) somone will go and do their own world editing system for TM:F.
Craig also hasto worry about(to keep all PC gamers happy) how not all people have computers foged by God. So Low spec computers will still be a problem with adding too many RAM resourceful features
Also,
Craig may feel that the money people spent buying it on xbox is satifyong enough and make it free on Steam.(Of Course for the people who bought it.)

Again these are ALL Craig's choices so we can't control what happens. These are just my OPs on the matter. It could go either way.
My Forum Group RPG:

In-Depth Skills Wiki Owner

deuceman2008

• Work Hard, Play Hard
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • In-Depth Skills Wiki Owner
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vKPv Owners
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2014, 10:26:28 PM »
As for buying it again, there is no way to tell who has purchased the game, microsoft does not allow Craig to see individual sales, so no way to tell if someone purchased the game.

And PC will be almost identical to xbox at first no fancy tools or skins, and seeming it will be using steam doubt there will be an MC edit like tool, which i am glad about, don't want people making huge maps in a few mins by pasting objects in a another software, just look at MC, impossible to tell if someone built there map or just MC edited it.
Castle Miner Z Did a code system where if you had the code from a diffrent game you could type it in in that game and you unlocked stuff. Craig could use that system. If he really want to.
Also,
Just because something was made on MCEdit donsn't make it any less of an amazing build. Besides We have sort of an In-Game MCEdit Just with limitations. So if you really think about it, nothing is built by hand too much anymore.
My Forum Group RPG:

In-Depth Skills Wiki Owner

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2014, 02:38:00 AM »
I am assuming that we would have to purchase the game again on PC then? As long as its still like $3 I think, It would be great
We can always just use a password to reclaim the game on other platforms, assuming you actually bought it the first time. ;)

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2014, 11:26:04 AM »

Chances are someone within this community has the technical skill to do such a thing. We can only hope and wait for a tutorial by them.
Though I think it would work going from xbox --> PC, not PC --> xbox if the PC is capable of making better worlds, more items and blocks, etc.

I for one would like to be able to port my old worlds around, whether it be possible via an in-game port (not quite sure that is possible, but that's for a developer to tell), or via more "shadey" options.
I have plans, once the pc version is out and I can see the saving files to try a figure out a way to do this. If the saving files on pc have any similarities to the xbox save files then it won't be that difficult. Right now the worlds save with many different headers and information, you may be able to even do something as simple as replacing these files.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

XxCrazyKieranxX

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2014, 12:55:38 PM »
Let the mod making begin (and hope for texture pack support)! Now the community can contribute towards the game more! :D

James

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2014, 04:22:36 PM »
This topic will be used for discussing the progress of the port to PC as well as for asking questions on the subject.

Link to Dev Diaries PC edition progress- http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=7032.0

My first question is on the subject of modding the game once ported to PC. Will it be allowed and if so will support such as teaching guides be provided?

Update:
Now on Greenlight on Steam, go vote for it chaps.

That is weird, I used the search bar multiple times, and I couldn't find a topic about TM PC Edition. Sorry about making that other topic.

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hallo
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
  • Steam: Alienizd
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2014, 06:26:16 PM »
That is weird, I used the search bar multiple times, and I couldn't find a topic about TM PC Edition. Sorry about making that other topic.
You need to capitalize the 't' in "Total," and by then, the first result will be Total Miner.
-Alionz

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2014, 05:40:20 PM »
We are not getting enough votes. At the current rate the game will not be greenlit.

If everybody could please vote it up and ask all your friends on steam to vote it up.