Author Topic:  Games with Gold + Other free games!  (Read 13967 times)

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
Re: Games with Gold + Other free games!
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2013, 08:21:53 PM »
In the OP you put happy wars twice...

Achronis

• Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jazzandthepuss
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2013, 10:36:46 PM »
Someone was telling me the other day about the PS network. That they don't have to pay to play online & they have a deal for something like £40 per year and you get to download some free games each month.
This month they got Battlefield 3, Saints Row 3, Unit 13 for the Vita, and maybe another. i can't remember.
Month before was Hitman Absolution & some others i don't remember either.

With the xbox im paying to play online, more than £40 per year & the 'free games they offer as a 'reward are crappy old games which are not in demand at all anymore, and like you said, can get for next to nothing anywhere.

This along with the knowledge of the plans for the next xbox, which is nothing technically new, and probably no TM:F, Microsoft can go suck a fat one.

I will sell my profile sometime soon while it still has some value.

Thanks for the info, SG.

Exactly. PS+ is a much better deal for a payed subscription, that (at least for now) is not even required for online play.

Xbox Live is a mediocre, overpriced, limited and ad-riddled service that is simply not worth paying for. I'm still baffled that they can get away with obligatory Gold subscription for access to media streaming services like Netflix, services that you ALREADY pay for on top of.

PS4 will require a payed subscription [PS+] for online play from what I hear, but at least you get your money's worth in free games and proper deals.

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2013, 10:45:19 PM »
Exactly. PS+ is a much better deal for a payed subscription, that (at least for now) is not even required for online play.

Xbox Live is a mediocre, overpriced, limited and ad-riddled service that is simply not worth paying for. I'm still baffled that they can get away with obligatory Gold subscription for access to media streaming services like Netflix, services that you ALREADY pay for on top of.

PS4 will require a payed subscription [PS+] for online play from what I hear, but at least you get your money's worth in free games and proper deals.
wait, are you saying Xbox doesn't currently give you free games each month or good deals? Do you not have a 360?

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
  • Don't let your memes be memes
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2013, 11:04:20 PM »
In the OP you put happy wars twice...

Your seeing things....
My Threads
Miner Of The Month for July 2013!
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

Achronis

• Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jazzandthepuss
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2013, 11:08:00 PM »
wait, are you saying Xbox doesn't currently give you free games each month or good deals? Do you not have a 360?

Couldn't download Fable III because Xbox LIVE is apparently not 'officially' supported in my region. Ironically enough, I took $15 out of my wallet AFTER the FIII was no longer free to see if it worked and I could buy and download it without issue.

Other than that I'm looking forward to not be able to download the rest of the games coming these next few months to Xbox LIVE® for free.

Games that, as I've argued, are best-selling and you can get for a few buckets at Gamestop, and that MS is offering solely to celebrate their new console.

Pre-june there was no such thing as free games on Xbox LIVE other than those few specifically designed with FTP in mind i.e Happy Wars.

Deals are scarce and are often not that good. Nowhere near the craze of, say, Steam sales. Microsoft doesn't seem to grasp the concept of digital media, given that GoD versions of newly released games are still being sold at retail $60 months after release while you can get the physical game for only a nickel at Amazon or Gamestop.

Sony has been doing the free monthly games things for well over 2 years I believe.

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2013, 11:14:19 PM »
Couldn't download Fable III because Xbox LIVE is apparently not 'officially' supported in my region. Ironically enough, I took $15 out of my wallet AFTER the FIII was no longer free to see if it worked and I could buy and download it without issue.

Other than that I'm looking forward to not be able to download the rest of the games coming these next few months to Xbox LIVE® for free.

Games that, as I've argued, are best-selling and you can get for a few buckets at Gamestop, and that MS is offering solely to celebrate their new console.

Pre-june there was no such thing as free games on Xbox LIVE other than those few specifically designed with FTP in mind i.e Happy Wars.

Deals are scarce and are often not that good. Nowhere near the craze of, say, Steam sales. Microsoft doesn't seem to grasp the concept of digital media, given that GoD versions of newly released games are still being sold at retail $60 months after release while you can get the physical game for only a nickel at Amazon or Gamestop.

Sony has been doing the free monthly games things for well over 2 years I believe.
Xbox live seems to have a new sale every week. Plus world of tanks, project sparks, and killer instincts are all going to be free to play, and they've said theres going to be more. They're going to release a few free games a month from now on, and halo 3 and assassins creed 2 are two examples they've announced will be free

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2013, 11:31:28 PM »
Could we try to avoid an argument?
My Threads
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2013, 11:33:37 PM »
You're* seeing things....
Fixed it for you, also, you fixed it and claim me crazy... Well played :P

DoggishKhan

• Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DoggishKhan
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2013, 04:07:53 PM »
I think it would be best for everyone to not argue or speculate about either consoles, we have no idea at this point because none of us have them. Save the arguments for when we have all the facts, both consoles seem good and are similar even though Microsoft went in a different direction but people afraid of change made them change their mind.

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2013, 12:00:39 PM »
Assassins Creed 2 is now live and free as the 2nd games with gold game this month!
My Threads
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

Notseek

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SoVeReIgN Sn1pR
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2013, 12:01:28 PM »
Anyone know what the games are going to be next month?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:05:19 PM by Notseek »
ADD ME ON XBOX!!!
ADD ME ON STEAM!!!
[steam name: Notseek]

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2013, 12:23:07 PM »
Nope. But you can be sure the OP will be updated when the information is released. Also, Welcome to the forums!
My Threads
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

Notseek

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SoVeReIgN Sn1pR
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2013, 03:01:53 PM »
Thanks. I had an account for a long time on the old website but I never really posted anything.
ADD ME ON XBOX!!!
ADD ME ON STEAM!!!
[steam name: Notseek]

MountainDewIt

• Elite Member
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cooldude013
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2013, 03:27:05 PM »
Thanks. I had an account for a long time on the old website but I never really posted anything.
You're posting!

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2013, 03:55:21 PM »
Let's not get too off topic guys.
My Threads
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!