Author Topic:  PC mod ideas  (Read 272 times)

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
PC mod ideas
« on: May 17, 2017, 01:20:49 PM »
PC MODS!

So I've had a few mod ideas for when PC comes out, these being: Block Hunt and Which Avatar

Block Hunt aka Prop Hunt from Gmod

Block hunt is a gamemode where you are a certain block, weather it be a dirt block or a fence, and you are able to hide and blend in with your surroundings. You have to hide while there are a team of hunters that have to come and find you and kill you.

It acts the same as Prop Hunt from Gmod where you become a certain item and you must try and hide or blend into your surroundings while the team of hunters have to come and kill you. I had the idea while watching a VanossGaming video, as he does a lot of prop hunt videos.

I thought to myself and said 'this could potentially work in total miner once PC and mods come out'.

I have already started to make maps for this gamemode.

I'm not too sure on how it would work because I don't know how difficult it would be to change your normal avatar into a block from the actual game.

The maps that I have been working on are called: Walmart, which is just a Walmart store with a big car park, and the other map is called Library. It is just a building of a library with an outside area.

(I may need someone to take photos of them to put on here)

Which avatar? AKA Guess Who from Gmod

In Guess Who two teams compete against each other, one trying to hide between NPCs and the other one trying to hunt the hiders down.

The Hiding team can change their disguise. Depending on their boldness they can then decide to act similar to the NPCs and annoy the Hunters or they can just hide somewhere on the map. The Hunters will need to find out who is real and who is not which might seem a bit hard at the start, but if you carefully pay attention you will soon be able to spot all the differences between a NPC and a Player.

The hiders will spawn as a random avatar from the game, weather it be a Sage or Invaderman. However there a bunch of NPCs that will walk around the map and behave in different ways. They are able to randomly crouch or jump over objects.

If a player spawns as a terminator for example. If they walk up to a random NPC who is a king, they are able to press a button to change into that NPCs skin.

A player also spawns with a random ability. I have had a few ideas for abilities in mind, being:

Freeze hunters for 5 seconds
Launch a hunter into the air but don't kill him
Change into the hunters skin for 10 seconds
Go invisible for 5 seconds

That's about all the ideas I've had in mind, however you guys can leave ideas too!

If a player uses their ability and manages to bump into one of the hunters, they are able to get another random ability! However there will be a cool down limit of about 30 seconds if a player manages to do this.

I got this idea from also watching a VanossGaming video.

I'm also not sure on how being able to bump into a random NPC and being able to change into it will work, because it will have to be set so a player cannot just change into any random unlockable within the game.

What I need from you guys!

I will need help at actually creating the mods as I have no clue whatsoever on how it can actually be created. It was just an idea that I got from watching a few YouTube videos and thoughts these fun gamemodes could be brought into total miner.

I have been designing maps to try and fit these specific gamemodes too, however you guys can also create maps if you want. They will need to be able to fit the actual gamemode so you may want to look up a few videos on how the gamemodes actually work, if you are not familiar on how they work.

Just search up: Gmod Prop Hunt or Gmod Guess Who.

It's just an idea I had for Total Miner PC and I hope to take this idea further!

Thanks for reading guys!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 03:03:37 PM by Jim 💎 »

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld