Author Topic:  Sprinting  (Read 660 times)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Sprinting
« on: May 14, 2017, 10:39:33 AM »
First off, Let me state that I know sprinting is one of the most requested ideas by far, And it always gets shot down because we already move faster than MC sprinting.

I am not suggesting sprinting to increase our speed even further past that, That would be ridiculous. Instead I am suggesting that we reduce the default speed of the player and all mobs and make the current default speed be sprinting speed.

The reason for this is simple. Without a difference in speed, Chases in combat will get nowhere. If sprinting is added, Then this will allow defenders a chance to make a speedy getaway, And it will allow attackers a chance to close the gap. Assuming that sprinting has a limited timer, Chases will become more enjoyable because you will have to time your sprinting to either get away, Or close the gap.

Another side effect of this is that it gives you a limited chance to run away from mobs that are normally way faster than you. Eg. Werewolves and Trolls.

Combat in TM has potential with its unique weapons and armours, But the movement system totally kills that potential by making combat a jumping contest. This would be the first in many steps to fix that and make combat more interesting.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
Re: Sprinting
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 11:10:44 AM »
So if this were to happen, would this potentially add a stamina bar with it? Or is that just over-complicating things?

Sprinting is a good idea though!

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 01:11:01 PM »
So if this were to happen, would this potentially add a stamina bar with it? Or is that just over-complicating things?

Sprinting is a good idea though!

What would be the point of a stamina bar if it only affects how long you can sprint for? I'm not against the idea, I just feel like it needs more meat to it.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Cooldude8

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Sharpbraineagl1
  • Steam: wesley51471
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 01:33:13 PM »
Good idea! +1 from me. I should also add that there should be three new pieces of jewelry. The first one being the Ring of Endurance. What this does is increase your stamina by 20 points (assuming that the stamina drain rate is 1 point/sec) allowing 10 extra seconds of sprinting time. The durability of this ring drains as you sprint while it is equipped. The next ring will be the Ring of Recuperation. This will buff your stamina regen to 1 points/sec (assuming that the normal stamina regen will be 1 point/5 sec). The durability of this ring drains as you regenerate stamina points. The final one being the Ring of Hyper-Stamina. It combines the effects of the previous two rings, plus a +10% speed boost while sprinting. It will be the first multi-gemstone ring. The center stone will be solid obsidian. It will require two sapphires and 3 Obsidian gem stones. I hope I made a good contribution to this idea