Author Topic:  SetPowerRegion Command  (Read 268 times)

choalover

• Roleplaying building games are fun! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: choalover
  • PSN: choalover
  • Steam: choalover
SetPowerRegion Command
« on: May 12, 2017, 08:58:50 AM »
Arguments: SetPowerRegion [x,y,z] [x,y,z] [on|off]

SetPowerRegion sets the power state of all the blocks in a region. This would useful if you want to make lights turn on or off in your house using a script block, because then you wouldn't have to do SetPower a bunch of times which could take forever.
I'm excited for Total Miner to be released on PC.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: SetPowerRegion Command
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 09:43:39 AM »
I believe this has been suggested before. I think the consensus was that the power was too buggy for this to work properly. And I am not sure that power has been touched since slightly after 2.0.

Another potential problem is the fact that this would power everything in the region. And quite a few things accept power, So this would not be ideal if you don't plan it out extremely carefully.

On a side note, If you want to power a bunch of things at once, Use Wi-Fi transmitters and receivers.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
Re: SetPowerRegion Command
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 10:30:09 AM »
On a side note, If you want to power a bunch of things at once, Use Wi-Fi transmitters and receivers.
Funny enough, (once when I either suggested, or agreed with this suggestion) it was because I wanted to power a bunch of transmitters.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail