Author Topic: [Challenge] Obby map (obsticle course) a Roblox inspired map  (Read 612 times)

Oakley

• Have a great day :)
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Twitch
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MisterCreeperX
[Challenge] Obby map (obsticle course) a Roblox inspired map
« on: April 09, 2017, 07:50:04 PM »
Hello all

I don't know about anyone else here,  but I am a frequent Roblox player, and I play a lot of obby. So I came up with the idea of making my own obby in Total Miner, but there are a few things that I still need to figure out, like having stages for example. There will be a pad to step on at the start of each stage,  so that if a player falls off and dies, they will return to the stage that they got to, rather than having to go back to the beginning to do the whole thing again. If anybody knows of any ways to make this possible, please let me know, but right now I'm focusing on getting as many stages done as quickly as possible, without rushing it too much. I would also like to know if it would be possible to make something like speed and low gravity boots, because if it is then this will be added at the finish for players to use. If you like the sound of this then please feel free to let me know, and if you have any suggestions they would be much apprecited. If you would like to help on any of the stages then also let me know, because I will probably need help with some stages. I'm hoping that this will turn out to be a good map, as I said if you have any suggestions for an obby map then please feel free to let me know.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 01:07:29 PM by Oakley »
_
__
___
____
_____
______
_____
____
___
__
_

Click HERE to join my discord server.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Obby map (obsricle course) a Roblox inspired map
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 03:37:17 AM »
The pad bit would be pretty easy. The pad would be a textured pressure plate with a script block underneath.

Spoiler for script:
Here's the script to play when the player steps on the pad:

History [player] [stage] [+1]

And here's the one to play when they die

If
HasHistory [player] [stage] [=] [1]
Then
Teleport [x,y,z]
Elseif
HasHistory [player] [stage] [=] [2]

Also, speed and low gravity can be done in zones.

Good luck with it!
TheDestinedCrab.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Oakley

• View Profile
    • Check me out on Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 06:26:13 AM »
The pad bit would be pretty easy. The pad would be a textured pressure plate with a script block underneath.

Spoiler for script:

If
Then
Teleport [x,y,z]
Elseif

Good luck with it!
The destined crab

Ok, thanks for the tips, I'll give it a go, it's going to be hard work as I am planning on making at least 100 stages, maybe more.
_
__
___
____
_____
______
_____
____
___
__
_

Oakley

• View Profile
    • Check me out on Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 09:27:51 AM »

Spoiler for script:

If
Then
Teleport [x,y,z]
Elseif

Good luck with it!
TheDestinedCrab.

I had a go at doing this script, however there are a few things that I don't quite understand.

[stage] does the stage number go here? Should this be the name of the script so it knows which stage you're on?
[=] is it just the equals sign that goes here?
[1] what does this represent?

From what I understand, I have to set this as event driven script 'player dies' but I tried making the script exactly as you did but it told me that there was a possible undeclared variable. How exactly do I get this script to work, and teleport players to that stage that they reached when they die?

Thanks
_
__
___
____
_____
______
_____
____
___
__
_

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 12:03:19 PM »

Spoiler for script:

If
Then
Teleport [x,y,z]
Elseif

Good luck with it!
TheDestinedCrab.

I had a go at doing this script, however there are a few things that I don't quite understand.

[stage] does the stage number go here? Should this be the name of the script so it knows which stage you're on?

Just leave it as it is. No need to change script names or add in numbers.
Yes.
This represents stage 1. 2 would represent stage 2 etc.

From what I understand, I have to set this as event driven script 'player dies' but I tried making the script exactly as you did but it told me that there was a possible undeclared variable. How exactly do I get this script to work, and teleport players to that stage that they reached when they die?

Thanks

If you typed the script exactly as I did then it should work fine. If you get a possibly undeclared variable error then just ignore it because I'm fairly certain that the script will still run as we want it to.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Oakley

• View Profile
    • Check me out on Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 01:30:04 PM »

Spoiler for script:

If
Then
Teleport [x,y,z]
Elseif

Good luck with it!
TheDestinedCrab.

Just leave it as it is. No need to change script names or add in numbers.
Yes.
This represents stage 1. 2 would represent stage 2 etc.

Thanks

If you typed the script exactly as I did then it should work fine. If you get a possibly undeclared variable error then just ignore it because I'm fairly certain that the script will still run as we want it to.

Nope, when I die it just takes me back to the start every time, even though I have the histories given by the zones on each stage., I didn't get an error this time though so I must have done something right, maybe there is something I'm doing wrong though

This is what I put in:

_
__
___
____
_____
______
_____
____
___
__
_