Author Topic:  Compass [Player/Global] [Distance] [R/G/B/W]  (Read 777 times)

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
Compass [Player/Global] [Distance] [R/G/B/W]
« on: April 04, 2017, 03:57:26 PM »
This script would change the yellow compass markers viewable options.

What I mean is, let's say you set [distance] to 50. As long as you are within 50 blocks, you can see the marker, but at 51+, you don't.

This way, you only see nearby locations, and you could mark out every cave, town, etc, and still be able to see each marker on the compass very clearly.

I also added a [R/G/B/W] option, just in case Craig decides to go with the totally needed idea that we should be able to color our markers, so we can mark out different categories of areas.

Player/global is obvious, so I won't explain it.

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Obey no one, Respect everyone.
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: mister m0nk3y
  • Steam: Hayden
  • Other: 123456789
Re: Compass [Player/Global] [Distance] [R/G/B/W]
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 11:58:39 PM »
I honestly don't see the point in "W" because {255,255,255} produces white... Honestly it could just be {R,B,G}, unless you wanted an alpha channel we could have {R,G,B,A} but an alpha channel seems pointless, How would you know a marker is there? But anyways, great idea! +1
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 241

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 01:05:14 AM »
Well, the rgbw wasn't for a number setting.

It was for red, blue, green, and white as 4 different choices, seeing as for markers on a map, having 10 shades of yellow wouldn't be super important.

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 02:19:39 AM »
Ahh, I get what you mean now! But I have a question about how you would want it to work, if I did [BW] would I get a light blue color, or would the script not work?

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 08:27:49 AM »
Well, the rgbw wasn't for a number setting.

It was for red, blue, green, and white as 4 different choices, seeing as for markers on a map, having 10 shades of yellow wouldn't be super important.

To be honest, I think you are looking at this wrong. I've been playing Oblivion, And the only compass marker colours are grey (For map markers), Red (Your quest is in a different area of the world.), Green (Your quest is in this area of the world), And blue (Your personal map marker.)

All of the default map markers are the same colour. What makes them stand out against each other is the fact that they have different icons. The only markers that ever change colour are the quest markers, And they do it for a reason that TM has no reason to ever do.

So I would say that instead of asking for colours, You should ask for icons.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 01:02:39 PM »
As for the BW, that would be up to Craig, if he even added a color system.

For the icons, I thought about that, and I also thought about making custom icons, but with them being so tiny as they are, icons my not be all that visible

Hayden

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 05:43:28 PM »
As for the BW, that would be up to Craig, if he even added a color system.
True, he could make a rainbow option if he pleased...
And for the icons, I think someone requested icon's in the past and Craig said no.

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 05:53:43 PM »
So I would say that instead of asking for colours, You should ask for icons.

Icons? That feeling when you brought up the subject of icons around two years ago.