Author Topic: [Scripts] Saved Location  (Read 1353 times)

DaRkShAdOwYlaf

• @
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DaRkShAdOwYlaf
[Scripts] Saved Location
« on: March 26, 2017, 06:03:36 PM »
Saved Location Script Tutorial!

This is a script where if you press a specific button (Eg. Y On Controller) it saves your location & if you press the button (In This Case Y) again it teleports you straight to that location! Here's the script!

If
HasHistory (S) (player) (true)
Then
History (S) (player) (delete)
Var (cx) = (history:c1)
Var (cy) = (history:c2)
Var (cz) = (history:c3)
Wait (1000)
----- Add any particles affects or tint colours you want here! -----
Wait (1000)
Teleport (player) (cx,cy,cz)
History (c1) (player) (delete)
History (c2) (player) (delete)
History (c3) (player) (delete)
ElseIf
HasHistory (S) (player) (false)
Then
MessageBox (Location Has Been Saved)
History (S) (player)
Var (cx) = (prel:x)
Var (cy) = (prel:y)
Var (cz) = (prel:z) 
History (c1) (player) (cx)
History (c2) (player) (cy)
History (c3) (player) (cz)

Ask me if you have any questions!

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Saved Location
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 02:06:14 AM »
So this is an over-complicated checkpoint script?
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

DaRkShAdOwYlaf

• @
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 03:28:34 PM »
No it's nothing like a checkpoint script, it's simply a creative script you can use to make a map a little better for example if you assigned the script to when you eat 1 pizza or something like that to make the map more interesting.

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Obey no one, Respect everyone.
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: mister m0nk3y
  • Steam: Hayden
  • Other: 123456789
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 05:11:24 PM »
I can see this as being a sethome for a factions map if you store the var in player history and call it up something like this var (X) = (history:Home/X)
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 241

DaRkShAdOwYlaf

• @
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 06:01:15 PM »
Yes, cool idea! Really it could be used for anything but I think mainly maps of creation instead of survival or dig deep.

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 05:17:34 PM »
I remember before Vars making a checkpoint system and it was the absolute longest waste of my time ever, now that bars are here I can do it all in one script or less!

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 01:59:40 AM »
I remember before Vars making a checkpoint system and it was the absolute longest waste of my time ever, now that bars are here I can do it all in one script or less!

Bro, the checkpoint system was a matter of Histories. Lol it was easy.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Hayden

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 01:18:37 PM »

Not really... Historys sucked and are very unreliable.
Plus you'll be forced to use multiple scripts...

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 07:37:32 PM »
Not really... Historys sucked and are very unreliable.

No. And no.

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 10:38:13 PM »
Excuse me, You didn't even comment, you just said no and no to get on my nerves, this is why I don't like you, you don't have anything constructive to say, you're just an annoying troll, get off this forums and never troll again.

Of course I commented. If I hadn't then you'd have had nothing to reply to with your childish rant.

If done properly, histories work fine. I and many others have used them for a long time with no issues.

As for not liking me? boo hoo. I didn't join the forum to please you. Though I would suggest you calm down a bit.

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Legendary Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 11:02:54 PM »
Excuse me, You didn't even comment, you just said no and no to get on my nerves, this is why I don't like you, you don't have anything constructive to say, you're just an annoying troll, get off this forums and never troll again.

Cause an annoying troll with nothing constructive to say earned the Star Poster award for doing that. lol

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 11:22:32 PM »

While I disagree with his other statements, I do have to agree with this one. Before vars, A checkpoint script was annoying and tedious because you had to manually encode every checkpoint destination into the script. It made for a very long script that was far from ideal.

I will also say that histories are not completely fine on 360 due to XNA networking issues. It is common for someone to lose a history or have it not be synched between people. This applies most if you are constantly changing them and have a lot of them. Like if you have a survival system with dozens of looping scripts at once.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 12:51:41 AM »
Could be useful for a marathon challenge map, where its one long challenge, and you are responsible for saving your progress before advancing through the next jump. Then if you fall, you teleport or respawn at your last XYZ.

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
  • Awards Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts I AM THE LAW! Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 05:53:03 AM »
Keep the topic on track folks.

Hayden

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 02:37:39 AM »
Keep the topic on track folks.
Please delete all off topic comments