Author Topic:  DemiGod award  (Read 995 times)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: DemiGod award
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 02:51:23 PM »
I like the idea of this award, simply due to the fact that we do not have many earnable awards on the forum at the moment.
However, I can see this being a huge amount of unneeded and hard work for both Bob and Craig. What if the prompt of unlocking demigods where to send a bit of data to Craig, confirming who unlocked the demi and when - It could work like how a bluescreen alerts Craig.
Don't forget how long it even takes to get now
Idk if you've played tm lately being i remember your Xbox being broke,but the unlock method isn't like the 1st time.and also take into consider consideration of how long the update has been out,or 6 months,and then look at how many ppl have it,which is 7 or 8 in that time period

I'm sure spam won't be a problem

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 03:12:40 PM »
I'd rather wait until the PC version is out. For all we know by the time it's available, it could be changed to be easier or more difficult, or remain the same. We don't know yet what the future will bring.

Not to mention that verifying them is a nuisance at best and a royal pain at worse. With robots all I have to do is say to Craig "what's the current robot list?" and 2 minutes later everything is finished.

I'm not opposed to it, but I think waiting on PC would be better.

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 03:28:26 PM »
I'd rather wait until the PC version is out. For all we know by the time it's available, it could be changed to be easier or more difficult, or remain the same. We don't know yet what the future will bring.

Not to mention that verifying them is a nuisance at best and a royal pain at worse. With robots all I have to do is say to Craig "what's the current robot list?" and 2 minutes later everything is finished.

I'm not opposed to it, but I think waiting on PC would be better.

I see where you're coming from. I think that's the better option now that I look at it.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 01:08:51 AM »
Here's how I see a possible method for this award to work out. Let's pretend for a minute that the Demi God unlock gets tied to an achievement in the game. Assuming you have the achievement, you have the avatar and whatnot. I could see it as simple as changing your steam name to match your forum name, screenshot the achievement page with your name visible, and share it on here.

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 05:50:32 AM »
As Jaz said, it would just be cool to have more obtainable awards on the forums. As there is a Robotic award, there could be a DemiGod award.

However bob has made a decision and we're just gonna have to wait and see what happens when PC comes out.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld