Author Topic:  DemiGod award  (Read 898 times)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DemiGod award
« on: February 04, 2017, 01:03:08 PM »
what if there were to be a DemiGod award for people who unlocked it?the reason i suggest this is because of how little people have it atm(like 5) and how not many people will probably get it on pc for a while being how hard it is to get generally

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
Re: DemiGod award
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 01:22:00 PM »
what if there were to be a DemiGod award for people who unlocked it?the reason i suggest this is because of how little people have it atm(like 5) and how not many people will probably get it on pc for a while being how hard it is to get generally

I like this as I am one of the few people that have it hehe  ::) I think it's cool as it just adds another award onto the forums that can't hurt anyone.

Also just a quick list of the people who currently have it (going from 1st to unlock it to most recent) (also these are all their Xbox Live gamertags)

1st. killercody99
2nd. awes0me81
3rd. Me (vJamiE xD)
4th. Kinetic Toxic
5th. YT Mysterio
6th. EVIL SIAMHAN
7th. ----------
8th. ----------
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:26:37 PM by Jim »

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

LB

• Founder of Catsbury and Creditland
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Liam Bradbury
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 02:22:04 PM »
I'm not sure what everyone else's stats for Demigods are but I think I may be the 6th, providing that no one else beats me of course :)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 03:09:57 PM »
To be honest, I think this should wait until PC with the harder requirements. People who have demis now will get it easier than people who got it on PC. That's hardly fair IMO. Especially since everyone will be without their 360 demis on PC anyway.

Since I feel like it may come up, I don't think the fact that bob needs to give awards out manually will be an issue. There's not going to be a massive influx of demis coming in from people.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 03:18:24 PM »
To be honest, I think this should wait until PC with the harder requirements. People who have demis now will get it easier than people who got it on PC. That's hardly fair IMO. Especially since everyone will be without their 360 demis on PC anyway.

Since I feel like it may come up, I don't think the fact that bob needs to give awards out manually will be an issue. There's not going to be a massive influx of demis coming in from people.

I didn't take that into consideration.

Was also going to say that there is a Robotic award, there maybe could also be a DemiGod award?

Unless the award could be given to the first 6-8 people who unlocked it? Just a suggestion.

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 03:20:00 PM »
I like this as I am one of the few people that have it hehe   I think it's cool as it just adds another award onto the forums that can't hurt anyone.

Also just a quick list of the people who currently have it (going from 1st to unlock it to most recent) (also these are all their Xbox Live gamertags)

1st. killercody99
2nd. awes0me81
3rd. Me
4th. YT Mysterio
5th. EVIL SAIMHAN
Kinetic toxicis 4th and yt is 5th

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 05:53:49 PM »
In my defense, I earned my original one through Craig and a Zeus placement. Not that the current method is a bad one, I was just proud of my previous achievement. So I kind of don't want to re-earn it again. That might explain why a small amount of people have it. Most of us are either lazy, or don't feel like earning it again.

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 04:44:39 AM »
In my defense, I earned my original one through Craig and a Zeus placement. Not that the current method is a bad one, I was just proud of my previous achievement. So I kind of don't want to re-earn it again. That might explain why a small amount of people have it. Most of us are either lazy, or don't feel like earning it again.

This suggestion is probably way out of the ball park, but what if the people who once got DemiGod through a Zeus placement, were to get the award, but they must have a forums account and must be at least a member on here or something like that?

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 05:03:38 AM »

This suggestion is probably way out of the ball park, but what if the people who once got Demigod through a Zeus placement, were to get the award, but they must have a forums account and must be at least a member on here or something like that?
tbh,i don't think demis before they were locked would be a good way of giving the award out,being you couldn't really tell who was legit and who wasn't,and/or I'm sure Craig/baldy(who hasn't been around for a while now)probably forgot everyone they gave demigod

the only way i think would work is going by this
http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=682.msg6411#msg6411
baldy made a list in the op,but I'm sure there's other people he didn't add to it later in this thread's lifespam

Also,i don't think only including the 1st __ amount of people upon PC release would be good,being that would limit the award.I'd think that providing proof that you earned demis now would be good enough,and being how long it takes to get it, I'm pretty sure spam wouldn't be a problem for Craig or bob(allthough id think it would be neat of Craig to give the people who unlocked demis now on 360,the avatar unlocked on PC)

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 07:41:35 AM »
1) As ".ok" mentioned, the old Demi list is completely outdated and there is no way to track the others who earned them through the old method, so I find only giving them to people who we know for a fact earned them the old way would be completely unfair to all those who are not on the list and/or forgotten.

So as I see it, giving Demi awards to those who earned it through the old method cannot work as it would cause an issue with others complaining that they earned it but nobody remembers them, which would also probably lead to people falsely claiming that they had earned it in the past. Even if others vouched for them we could never really know for sure because many many people had modded it back in the day and might of fooled someone who would be vouching for them. Naturally/logically I would say we would be forced to only give it only to people who have unlocked it with the current method.

2) Robotic award cannot be compared to a Demi award because it's given to those who were awarded robo, so it's extremely easy to know who should receive the role, by definition we MUST know.

Though Demis are not possible to track so easily atm, the only way afaik to do that is to confirm it personally by joining a game and having them use a different skin and then watching them swap to Demi. (This is to weed out those who had set it as default avatar)

3) I am in support of a Demi award only if it can be 100% confirmed, but due to it's nature of being a total pain to confirm it would need to be requested, and then I'm really not sure who aside from myself would be willing to join games on request and confirm. Last option is to start looking at Craig to add something which would simplify the task, but then something as small as an award starts cutting into development time, which unless it takes two seconds to implement is not exactly ideal/realistic imo

4) How long would the award last? If Demi started getting modded on steam it would need to stop being awarded. And then we are left with the decision of wether it's really fair or not to have an award that others can never earn EVEN if they followed and completed all the legit requirements. Personally I'm against exclusive awards if others can still meet the same requirements as those already with the award and still not get the award.

So with that being said, I'm not sure what would be best to add but it's defiantly not impossible for it to work out, at least until/if it got modded. I can see why bob might not jump at the chance to add the award due to the trouble/pain it could potentially cause.

Right now it's only a role on discord because I'm confident that all those who have it are legit, Personally I have no issue with joining and confirming so I will continue to join maps and confirm upon request until/IF it starts getting modded. After that It will probably be removed unless we can think of something else, so hopefully modders don't ruin it for us.

If you notice something that could be done/said better in my opinions, or if i'm missing something like how to confirm others using a better method please point it out to me.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 11:32:59 AM by Steve »

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 07:52:31 AM »
1) As ".ok" mentioned, the old Demi list is completely outdated and there is no way to track the others who earned them through the old method, so I find only giving them to people who we know for a fact earned them the old way would be completely unfair to all those who are not on the list and/or forgotten.

So as I see it, giving Demi awards to those who earned it through the old method cannot work as it would cause an issue with others complaining that they earned it but nobody remembers them, which would also probably lead to people falsely claiming that they had earned it in the past. Even if others vouched for them we could never really know for sure because many many people had modded it back in the day and might of fooled someone who would be vouching for them. Naturally/logically I would say we would be forced to only give it only to people who have unlocked it with the current method.

2) Robotic award cannot be compared to a Demi award because it's given to those who were awarded robo, so it's extremely easy to know who should receive the role, by definition we MUST know.

Though Demis are not possible to track so easily atm, the only way afaik to do that is to confirm it personally by joining a game and having them use a different skin and then watching them swap to Demi. (This is to weed out those who had set it as default avatar)

3) I am in support of a Demi award only if it can be 100% confirmed, but due to it's nature of being a total pain to confirm it would need to be requested, and then I'm really not sure who aside from myself would be willing to join games on request and confirm.

4) How long would the award last? If Demi started getting modded on steam it would need to stop being awarded. And then we are left with the decision of wether it's really fair or not to have an award that others can never earn EVEN if they followed and completed all the legit requirements. Personally I'm against exclusive awards if others can still meet the same requirements as those already with the award and still not get the award.

So with that being said, I'm not sure what would be best to add but it's defiantly not impossible for it to work out, at least until/if it got modded. I can see why bob might not jump at the chance to add the award due to the trouble/pain it could potentially cause.

Right now it's only a role on discord because I'm confident that all those who have it are legit, Personally I have no issue with joining and confirming so I will continue to join maps and confirm upon request until/IF it starts getting modded. After that It will probably be removed unless we can think of something else, so hopefully modders don't ruin it for us.

If you notice something that could be done/said better in my opinions, or if i'm missing something like how to confirm others using a better method please point it out to me.

I agree with this. You said how it would only work if it were to be given to those who unlocked it in 2.5, it could be modded on PC so the award may not last long if this happens.

What I suggest is for the description of the award, you know how there's descriptions of the awards on the forums, maybe the description of the DemiGod award could say:

Awarded to those who unlocked DemiGods on Xbox after 2.5

I think this award could work if people are honest and as you said Steve, you can easily join people's maps to confirm if they have definitely unlocked by telling them to swap between DemiGod and DemiGoddess.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 09:12:41 AM »

3) I am in support of a Demi award only if it can be 100% confirmed, but due to it's nature of being a total pain to confirm it would need to be requested, and then I'm really not sure who aside from myself would be willing to join games on request and confirm.

I still think the PC version should be programmed in such a way as to allow you to link your Steam account to your forums account if at all possible.

This way, Bob would be able to easily check if the unlock flag has been sent to the person's forum account.

The actual unlock flag would have to only be sent out if the player unlocks the avatars ingame, So this doesn't solve all of the problem, But it does solve half of it. It would also solve the problem with Craig putting forum based avatars into the game if he could retrieve data from someone's forum account in TM.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 09:55:39 AM »
I like the idea of this award, simply due to the fact that we do not have many earnable awards on the forum at the moment.
However, I can see this being a huge amount of unneeded and hard work for both Bob and Craig. What if the prompt of unlocking demigods where to send a bit of data to Craig, confirming who unlocked the demi and when - It could work like how a bluescreen alerts Craig.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »
Maybe provide a little non hd or hd video of you swapping the skins or unlocking them. it don't take much to do that i mean everyone mostly has a smart phone now days.

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 01:22:46 PM »
Maybe provide a little non hd or hd video of you swapping the skins or unlocking them. it don't take much to do that i mean everyone mostly has a smart phone now days.

Yeah you could do that, or as Steve said himself, he would join worlds and confirm for bob and Craig if people have DemiGods by swapping between them.

We just gotta wait and see if bob or Craig approves. They are the ones that give the go ahead with it.