Author Topic: [Other] Old but fun bugs and glitches  (Read 1728 times)

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
[Other] Old but fun bugs and glitches
« on: January 28, 2017, 08:44:12 PM »
I felt like making this topic to just talk about the old but really fun bugs and glitches that used to be in the game (these have all been patched at this point) Me and a couple of members on the discord were talking about this and I just wanted to bring it up.

For example back in the day you could dig a hole 1000 blocks deep, jump into it and take 0 damage. However you could dig a hole 50 blocks deep and you would die. Me and my friends used to do this all the time in our Dig Deep maps years ago, if we wanted to travel to the Hells without using teleporters. Once we discovered this bug for the first time we had so much fun with it.

Another one was if you were in creative and you had a sledgehammer. You could press RB and RT at the same time and for some reason you could mine insanely fast. I remember this was good if people weren't too keen on using markers to get rid of something so they would use this to delete things really fast. Also I remember this glitch was used to troll a lot which was a downside.

This topic is just to talk about those old, nostalgic Total Miner bugs and glitches that were really fun.

If you have any that you can remember just post them down there and we can have a nostalgic trip together!

(I'm not too sure if this belongs in the Total Miner General Discussion or the Bug Reports so I'll just leave it here. If it should be changed or moved, I or bob etc, can do that.)

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

LB

• Founder of Catsbury and Creditland
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Liam Bradbury
Re: Old but fun bugs and glitches
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 09:19:00 PM »
I remember walking along tight tunnels and regularly no clipping into the wall for no reason. It was good for looking for caves but was mostly annoying because it would slow down the boring process of walking endlessly.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 10:25:54 PM »
If you set all of a mob's levels to 2147483647, It would have a negative level and exhibit some really bizarre traits. For one, It could do no damage, And could never be damaged by attacks.

If you tried to shoot it with projectiles, It would freeze them in midair until it moved out of their way. The only ways these mobs could be harmed were environmental damage. Fire, Spikes, Falling, Etc.

To this day, I have no clue how this worked.

Oh, One other fun bug was in 2.0. Placing a key down and breaking it would yeild a skeleton key. I robbed so many people.

Then there was the 2.1 bug where you could use NPC spawners to edit scripts and give yourself admin. I actually found that bug within a day of the update coming out. I thought about it before I went tosleep and told myself I would try it in the morning. And it worked.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 12:02:45 AM »
Oh, One other fun bug was in 2.0. Placing a key down and breaking it would yeild a skeleton key. I robbed so many people.
No wonder maps always had rules about keys! It was because of you! Hahaha

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 01:46:42 AM »
Stair elevators were a beautiful thing. You could jump through the lower step, but stand on top of it. So placing two opposite facing stairs together made a fun elevator. Great for multifloor buildings.

Ages ago, and I mean ages, you used to be able to prospect then pick bedrock on creative mode. There was nothing quite as thrilling as building with a block that felt taboo to have. There was also the fear of placing it wrong, and having to quit and reload the map from your last save.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 03:43:40 AM »
I remember walking along tight tunnels and regularly no clipping into the wall for no reason.
Often happened on spiral staircases too.

I hated that bug more than most. And if I remember correctly it was introduced in an update immediately before either 1.8 or 2.0 so there was like a year's wait before it was fixed :\

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 04:33:54 AM »
Not sure if this one counts but back in the day you could make an (offline) Xbox Live account and if you were to call it Dirtygames99 you could get robotic and fly around your Dig Deep maps. If you collected all the resources you needed, put it in a chest and signed into your proper Xbox Live account, you would still have all those resources in that chest.

I did this quite a lot to get resources and fly through caves faster because it was so incredibly handy.

I also loaded up my creative maps and placed a load of robotic npcs around my map and people would freak out and spam you with messages saying "omg how did you get robotic I want it!!" Was pretty funny.

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 06:14:59 AM »
I remember walking along tight tunnels and regularly no clipping into the wall for no reason.

I hated that bug more than most. And if I remember correctly it was introduced in an update immediately before either 1.8 or 2.0 so there was like a year's wait before it was fixed :\

I remember it being pre 1.8 because I only really played Dig Deep before 1.8 and it happened all of the time, and yeah it was there for a long time.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • Part time onion, Part time Michael Buble fan
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 07:53:01 AM »
Stairs and a trap door. Crouch underneath and boom, you're flying.
/onion Inspirational Quotes /onion

casual onion [23|Mar 09:59 PM]:   If you don't succeed, try, try and give up.

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

Trub's Unisex Holiday Name [12|Nov 07:28 PM]:
You look like Casual Onion.

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 07:54:01 AM »
Stairs and a trap door. Crouch underneath and boom, you're flying.

This was great for parkour maps.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 12:56:22 PM »

Was this the same bug that, basically, while stuck you could push the left analog stick to move yourself in any direction laterally? If so, I have an awful memory with this bug. I too often got just slightly stuck in the wall right before I left to do something. Back then, my controller had one of those thumbsticks that never centered. So when I'd get back, sometimes I'd be some 100-200 blocks away. Usually still stuck in a wall. As Trubstep could probably tell you, I don't like carrying digging equipment on me unless I plan to dig. This was awful.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

zunr

• RPG
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • Steam: Zunr
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 01:34:09 PM »
Stair Deaths....

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 04:13:57 PM »
I remember putting 2 stairs facing each other and copy+pasting them on top of each other would work as a lift since you could just walk into the middle of the stairs. It was a weird but a very useful glitch for scaling buildings before scripts.

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 04:20:31 PM »
I remember putting 2 stairs facing each other and copy+pasting them on top of each other would work as a lift since you could just walk into the middle of the stairs. It was a weird but a very useful glitch for scaling buildings before scripts.

Yeah PWR said that earlier in this topic but I loved that for making elevators in my buildings. Also falling 1000 blocks and landing on a stair and not taking damage was fun. Stairs were really glitchy back in the day.

Jeff

• Elite Member
  • pvp clans
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Draconic Ways
  • Steam: JeffyRaider
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 07:27:58 PM »
Before 1.8, glitch outside the map. Going through blocks. Basically glitching into blocks and moving inside the block! (:
{Anti Ice Ring} TMF Will Never be The Same Again!