Author Topic:  Simple Question About World Transfering  (Read 392 times)

DatAwesomenessDoe

• Sesenta Nueveeeeee~
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr Page
    • Awards
  • PSN: DatAwesomeness
  • Steam: DatAwesomeness
Simple Question About World Transfering
« on: January 24, 2017, 07:28:33 PM »
So I just yanked out a copy of my Total Miner data onto a usb since I heard data can be transferred to the Pc edition when it goes into early access (Or whenever it does). But being the nub I am, i have no clue how to do that. I'm not asking anyone to instruct me how to do that on here, but I was just wondering if there is or will be a basic tutorial around transferring stuff from 360 to Pc, like a dev tutorial or something when the early access launches, and if not then will there be at any point in time? Anyways, that's all I had to ask (And Pc hype ftw!), stay awesome.

Also, feel free to let me know if there's already a post on this!

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
Re: Simple Question About World Transfering
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 07:39:20 PM »
PC reads the same files as xbox, so simply drag out the files through horizon and place them in your maps folder,

here is a rough rundown of the process, I'm sure a more in depth guide will be created soon.

Craig: when you open the xbox file, somewhere there will be a folder called Maps
Craig: in that folder are subfolders named with numbers
Craig: each one of those numbered folders is an individual map
Craig: locate your folder on your PC for the steam TM save data, will look something like this:
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Craig: and just copy the respective numbered folder from the xbox file to the maps folder there
Craig: run the game and select refresh world index

DatAwesomenessDoe

• Sesenta Nueveeeeee~
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 08:03:37 PM »
PC reads the same files as xbox, so simply drag out the files through horizon and place them in your maps folder,

here is a rough rundown of the process, I'm sure a more in depth guide will be created soon.

Craig: when you open the xbox file, somewhere there will be a folder called Maps
Craig: locate your folder on your PC for the steam TM save data, will look something like this:
Craig: and just copy the respective numbered folder from the xbox file to the maps folder there
Thanks!

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 07:11:17 AM »
I needed to know this myself lol. Thanks!

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 10:19:59 AM »

An in-depth guide has been created (i created it) but as it was for the testers, and back when PC was in first development, it isnt really public yet. I'd assume once PC is released, it will be aswell.
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

DatAwesomenessDoe

• Sesenta Nueveeeeee~
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 03:24:03 PM »

Well it kinda worked. Not all of my worlds will show up in horizon, but thanks anyway!