Author Topic:  What University is good for robotics teaching  (Read 344 times)

Brother Hood

• futrue army
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What University is good for robotics teaching
« on: January 14, 2017, 10:02:48 PM »
just as the topic says. Not only what type of university but were can I go to one that mostly teach robotics like a how to build my own AI and drone and other cool robotics things.
 truth is I really don't know or ever herd of a university that teach in robotics that I ever herd of.

If it true that there is a university that teaches robotics my goal is to build one my self who knows I might
make history lol but anyway I do want to built my very own AI drone but more complex.

I was inspire by many movies like transformers, Big hero 6, Terminator,  and many more.
That is all so I hope there is a university that can teach in robotics only, or a program.

any help is find.

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Legendary Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
Re: What University is good for robotics teaching
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 10:40:29 PM »
Probably MIT.

You may say it's a waste of time but when the guy who tried to invent video games told us we said no one needs it and he almost did not invent it.

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 12:00:17 AM »
My brother attends Western Washington University and works on deep learning + his research team uses their AI to contract for the DoD/DoE. I can't attest for their robotics program however (I'm sure they have one though).

If you're interested in robotics I'd recommend checking out First Robotics Competition. They have programs for middle and high school.
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 01:17:51 AM »
Ask lady lobo. Her son (goes by monk on Xbox (not sure of the actual GT)) but he has schooling for robotics.

I don't remember the school name though

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 04:33:13 PM »

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 04:47:48 PM »
Any State funded school is strong in Technology and Science: Think Ohio State, North Carolina State and such. Things with Tech like Georgia Tech. There are also Universities Like U of Cincinnati (go bearcats!) That are really good with those things as well.

Wanna Make Money Off Of Youtube? Partner With Freedom Today: https://www.freedom.tm/via/NeftyGaming