Author Topic:  New video embedding options  (Read 1228 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New video embedding options
« on: January 07, 2017, 12:51:31 PM »
I've added new tags for embedding Twitch and Hitbox livestreams into posts in preparation for TM PC.

Before anyone starts reading too much into things, this is not a hint that the PC version will be released very soon. It's nothing more than being ready ahead of time.

To include a livestream within a post

[twitch]channel name goes here[/twitch]

[smashcast]channel name goes here[/smashcast]
*smashcast is hitbox which has been rebranded

[mixer]player embed code[/mixer]
*you find the embed code when you click the share option on their page and it will be a 5-7 digit number at the end of the URL

[vidme]video ID[/vidme]
*video ID is the last bit of the video URL

[vimeo]video ID[/vimeo]
*video ID is the number portion of the video URL

[soundcloud]track number[/soundcloud]
*track number is the numbery portion you can find under the embed tab of the share options

I've also include xboxdvr and xboxclips embedding just because it might come in handy for somebody I guess.

[xboxdvr]url[/xboxdvr]
or
[xboxclips]url[/xboxclips]

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
Re: New video embedding options
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 05:41:21 PM »
So we can add these to post right? And I love you for adding spell check.

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

Jim 💠

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 05:47:36 PM »
So we can add these to post right? And I love you for adding spell check.

It is a pretty neat addition. Simple but effective.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 05:48:25 PM »
Yup that's what it is. Just in case it isn't clear by my wording, for the twitch and hitbox streams, you only need to post the channel name, not the entire url. So you would only use the "whatever" from twitch.tv/whatever

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 05:53:09 PM »
Yup that's what it is. Just in case it isn't clear by my wording, for the twitch and hitbox streams, you only need to post the channel name, not the entire url. So you would only use the "whatever" from twitch.tv/whatever
yup I put it in my op. So it works. Great feature for the Youtubers and streamers again. Thanks Bob.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 03:48:44 AM »
We love spell check! Could we have it in the shout box?
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 01:36:01 PM »
OP updated with new options.

Hitbox has been rebranded to smashcast, so that tag is now fixed. Added support for vid.me and Mixer after the thread DB posted reminded me that it was a thing that exists.

You're also able to embed tweets now in the unlikely event that somebody on twitter says something worth reading before yahoo goes bankrupt. You just need to post the individual URL of the tweet and the rest is taken care of for you

https://twitter.com/shonole/status/896774830036594692

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 01:48:24 AM »
Added soundcloud and vimeo embedding, tags in the OP. I'm trying to make the forums more media friendly, so if there's a site you'd like to see support for, feel free to mention it.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 12:32:31 PM »
Added soundcloud and vimeo embedding, tags in the OP. I'm trying to make the forums more media friendly, so if there's a site you'd like to see support for, feel free to mention it.
Not sure if this is possible but i know facebook and twitter have live capabilities.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 09:32:55 PM »
Embedding a stream from twitter works just the same as a plain text one would.

I'm not thrilled at the idea of adding anything facebook related. I don't really want members to have their real names plastered all over the forums via facebook.