Author Topic:  Personal emotes  (Read 2129 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Personal emotes
« on: January 05, 2017, 07:47:06 PM »
Since I've been asked about this roughly 7,584,923 times.. I'll now be accepting personalized emotes for members.

The details:

Make your own or find it on the internet. This isn't an invitation to send me a 4k image and ask me to make it into an emote. The answer to that is no.

Between 16x16 and 24x24 in size.

Animations are ok, but keep it conservative. If you send me one with 6,000 frames of animation and a 1mb file size, I'm going to reject it. Again, this is not an invitation to ask me for a tutorial on how to make an animated gif. Google is your friend.

Files should be either in .png or .gif format

1 emote per person. If you already have an emote that you designed that's been added to the forums previously, you're still eligible for your personal emote.

Post your finished product here, along with the /whatever you want it named. 1 word, no spaces, no punctuation in your tag. Letters and numbers only.

This is for legendary members and above. Or weirdos like Trub who keep wanting their post count reset every time they get to legendary. If you haven't gotten to legendary yet and really, really want one..well I guess you should post more, and then come back.

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hallo
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
  • Steam: Alienizd
Re: Personal emotes
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 08:06:50 PM »
...I guess you should post more, and then come back.
You may want to specify not to spam to do so.
-Alionz

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 08:11:29 PM »
I'd certainly hope that anyone even in the neighborhood of 1k posts would realize by that point that spamming is bad. A new member trying to spam 1,000 posts would never survive long enough to see their emote.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 08:37:24 PM »
Question, Are we allowed to change our one personal emote whenever we choose (Within reason. I.E. Don't make one, And change it every two days.)

Say we make an emote, And later on, Either we get better at art, Or it just doesn't match anymore.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • Part time onion, Part time Michael Buble fan
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 08:41:59 PM »
Hope this works - onion on a transparent background as a png file resized to 20x20

It shall be called /onion (naturally)

/onion Inspirational Quotes /onion

casual onion [23|Mar 09:59 PM]:   If you don't succeed, try, try and give up.

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

Trub's Unisex Holiday Name [12|Nov 07:28 PM]:
You look like Casual Onion.

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Legendary Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 09:03:05 PM »
Edit: Shoot didn't notice it was 40x21. Too big

You may say it's a waste of time but when the guy who tried to invent video games told us we said no one needs it and he almost did not invent it.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 09:04:23 PM »
If we can change it later, like Dryym asked, this is mine.

/snail

If we cannot change it later, I will hold my decision until a later time.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail         

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 09:06:35 PM »
Question, Are we allowed to change our one personal emote whenever we choose (Within reason. I.E. Don't make one, And change it every two days.)

Say we make an emote, And later on, Either we get better at art, Or it just doesn't match anymore.

I'd have to give that a definite maybe.

See if I say yes, I know somebody is going to take it to mean that they're going to change their emote once a week when they change their name, and ruin it for everybody. So I'll have to go on a case by case basis for this.

tl;dr don't be that guy

It shall be called /onion (naturally)

done

/snail

Let me know if you're going with this based on the above

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 09:12:44 PM »
Let me know if you're going with this based on the above
Yes, Friend.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail         

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 09:15:02 PM »

I'd have to give that a definite maybe.

See if I say yes, I know somebody is going to take it to mean that they're going to change their emote once a week when they change their name, and ruin it for everybody. So I'll have to go on a case by case basis for this.

tl;dr don't be that guy

So, In other words, Whether or not it will be changed is dependent on whether or not you feel like changing it for that person at that time?

That's fine by me.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 09:19:46 PM »
/snail
Done

So, In other words, Whether or not it will be changed is dependent on whether or not you feel like changing it for that person at that time?

I wouldn't put it that way, but if a person isn't becoming a nuisance with it I'll more than likely say yes.

If they are then I probably won't be changing it for them again.

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 09:23:14 PM »

tl;dr don't be that guy

I can't help but feel like you're referring to someone with that.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 09:57:58 PM »
I can't help but feel like you're referring to someone with that.
Yeah that Craig guy never stops

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 09:58:36 PM »
On a serious note though, what about for other members, such as testers and moderators who don't meet the 1k+ requirement?

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 10:00:21 PM »
On a serious note though, what about for other members, such as testers and moderators who don't meet the 1k+ requirement?
post more