Author Topic:  Custom Skins (PC)  (Read 1899 times)

Jim 💠

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
Re: Custom Skins (PC)
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 02:59:10 PM »
Would finally be able to use my avatars to walk around in.
Will have to reskin it though... :/

It'll be quite a while I think until this is actually implemented, as I don't think it's one of Craig's top priorities at the moment. However we'll just have to wait and see.

Don't quote me on this, But I think it will be an easy mod before Craig decides to add it. C# mods have been shown to be able to change GUIs, And the models can be added with XML mods quite easily.

I think all that someone would need to do is make a mod which gives a config menu to decide which NPC models are allowed in the avatar selection screen. Then you can add models with XML, And boom.

I realize that this is oversimplifying the process, But it should work just fine.

As our friendly neighbourhood RGH modders have shown us, It is possible to wear any NPC model as a skin if it has a crouch model assigned to it. So as long as there is a way to make a crouch model for the NPC, It should work just as well the real thing.

Granted, This would only work if everyone had the mod with the models, But that's fine by me as a world creator.

Well that sounds alright.

What if the person wanted their models to have a walking animation, since there will be walking animations soon?

Craig said that the walking animations will be included in with the NPC's model files. So I would imagine it would just be the same as normal.

Well that's alright. Can't wait to see what avatar ideas people come up with.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 05:34:03 PM »
Would finally be able to use my avatars to walk around in.
Will have to reskin it though... :/

It'll be quite a while I think until this is actually implemented, as I don't think it's one of Craig's top priorities at the moment. However we'll just have to wait and see.

Don't quote me on this, But I think it will be an easy mod before Craig decides to add it. C# mods have been shown to be able to change GUIs, And the models can be added with XML mods quite easily.

I think all that someone would need to do is make a mod which gives a config menu to decide which NPC models are allowed in the avatar selection screen. Then you can add models with XML, And boom.

I realize that this is oversimplifying the process, But it should work just fine.

As our friendly neighbourhood RGH modders have shown us, It is possible to wear any NPC model as a skin if it has a crouch model assigned to it. So as long as there is a way to make a crouch model for the NPC, It should work just as well the real thing.

Granted, This would only work if everyone had the mod with the models, But that's fine by me as a world creator.

Well that sounds alright.

What if the person wanted their models to have a walking animation, since there will be walking animations soon?

Craig said that the walking animations will be included in with the NPC's model files. So I would imagine it would just be the same as normal.

Well that's alright. Can't wait to see what avatar ideas people come up with.

http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=14806.msg156052#msg156052

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

CDJ

• RPG
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • Steam: TotalMiner
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 01:23:53 PM »

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 05:28:28 PM »
Stone art has a load of avatars made.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Xalron

• The Bourg Will Assimilate
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Bourg Computer Sciences
    • Awards
  • Xbox: D3LTA ST0RM
  • Steam: Xalron
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 09:34:34 PM »
I imagine if a mod is popular enough, Craig may adopt it into the full game package. ie. For Xbox and pc versions.

I've always wanted custom skins, and I think I've posted about it a while back, before pc was a thing.
- Xalron, formerly D3LTA FRO5T

Stoneart

• "There's always time to get your block's off"
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • My music page
    • Awards
  • Xbox: stoneart
  • PSN: Xx_Phoenix_Down_xX
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 09:51:00 PM »
At first custom NPC's will need to be modded in. I think Craig has plans to add a tool to make it much easier and for it to even be done "in game" in a later update.
There will hopefully be a lot of awesome Npc's to come from this! And yes Crab, I have a few  ;) .

UNSCWATCHDOG

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2017, 09:18:24 PM »
Just please keep unlockables, because it contributes to the reward system.

Stoneart

• "There's always time to get your block's off"
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • My music page
    • Awards
  • Xbox: stoneart
  • PSN: Xx_Phoenix_Down_xX
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2017, 01:19:55 PM »
They will be reset for the new version of the game, to give a clean slate. But yes, unlocks are still in the game!

UNSCWATCHDOG

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2017, 08:06:33 PM »
They will be reset for the new version of the game, to give a clean slate. But yes, unlocks are still in the game!
I'm aware. I was saying if they added "custom skins", then, at least keep some unlockable skins or something unlockable in the game that make people want it (like 1 person has it)