Author Topic:  Command & Conquer  (Read 1574 times)

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
Command & Conquer
« on: October 06, 2016, 05:35:58 PM »
A few of us here play Command & Conquer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_%26_Conquer

The game series is RTS and has been around for over 20 years.

The first few games can now be downloaded and played for free from cncnet though anything after Tiberian Sun requires you to have purchased and own the game. You can get the full collection of 17 games for around $20 from Origin and is a bargain if you're a fan of that genre.

Myself & GK play mostly Red Alert 3 with a bit of Red Alert 1 & 2 & Kanes Wrath. Though we will likely play any of the games if we can find more people who want to play.

You can download and play for free:

Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun

Any after that need to be purchased but can be played online using: https://cnc-online.net/

Discuss if you play them or want to play the free ones. I'm sure myself & GK (and PWR occasionally) can entertain you.

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
Re: Command & Conquer
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 05:40:11 PM »
huehuehue

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 05:47:48 PM »
I would have screenshotted my RA2 win domination but I know i'll have other oppurtunities to do so  ;)

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 05:49:13 PM »
I would have screenshotted my RA2 win domination but I know i'll have other oppurtunities to do so  ;)
You already have video evidence of your RA2 skills. ;)

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: 7TH_Soopy
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 09:18:21 AM »
BEST. STRATEGY. GAME. SERIES. EVER. CREATED. PERIOD.

DatAwesomenessDoe

• Sesenta Nueveeeeee~
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr Page
    • Awards
  • PSN: DatAwesomeness
  • Steam: DatAwesomeness
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 01:19:37 AM »
It's pretty rare finding other people who love the RTS genre nowadays, glad there's a topic for one of the best examples of it! Too bad I suck at C&C, lel.

Fuertey

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 07:12:23 AM »
For those who are interested some of the Command & Conquer games are on sale on Steam right now:

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/951/Command__Conquer_Pack/

It's pretty rare finding other people who love the RTS genre nowadays, glad there's a topic for one of the best examples of it! Too bad I suck at C&C, lel.

Neither me or GK are rushing players so you have plenty of oppurtunity to learn and we're both patient enough to help others. If you (or anyone else) have any of the games let us know. It'd be good to have a 4-8 player game sometime.

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 06:25:18 PM »
For those who are interested some of the Command & Conquer games are on sale on Steam right now:

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/951/Command__Conquer_Pack/

Neither me or GK are rushing players so you have plenty of oppurtunity to learn and we're both patient enough to help others. If you (or anyone else) have any of the games let us know. It'd be good to have a 4-8 player game sometime.
I'd still recommend the Ultimate Collection over the steam version, as it has more games for about the same price. https://www.amazon.com/Command-Conquer-Ultimate-Collection-Instant/dp/B00DNHLFQA/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_367_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TAHW8A5F6NDJR61BFF7B

Fuertey

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 07:35:15 PM »

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 08:13:34 PM »
EA/Origin Access also has it, along with loads of other decent games:

https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/command-and-conquer/command-and-conquer-the-ultimate-collection/ultimate-collection
Buying it through Amazon just gives you a code for it on Origin

Fuertey

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 09:13:32 PM »
Yeah, but EA/Origin access is just $7 a month and gives you access to over 50 games, including BF, ME, Crysis etc...

Might be an idea for those who want to try C&C without having to purchase it at full price. And if they don't like it then they still get to access all the other games for the rest of the month.

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 09:01:57 PM »
I used to play a metric ton of Command & Conquer: Generals a decade or so ago.
(probably going to get a lot of flak for this since the consensus is that it's "the worst of the C&C series"...)

The generals were all unique and required varied strategies to beat your opponent. For example, if you loaded out as the Chinese infantry general and were up against the GLA toxin general who melts your infantry with purple goo sprinkler systems, you employ the age-old tactic of quitting the match and re-queue.

But really, the different factions made for dynamic game play, the units constantly complain about needing shoes, and it's glorious to launch over a hundred nukes to crash the game.

And the mods weren't too bad either. Would play with the Reborn mod active, which changed up the different generals to add a few extra cool units and abilities.

I always played as George Bush...

It was always nice to be the general with pretty much every ability, dropping MOABs and mini nukes from B3 bombers from the comfort of my base. Jam-packed with more laser turrets, EMP patriot systems, and mortars than Ronald Reagan's Star Wares program.

You make me smile!

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 09:35:22 PM »
I used to play a metric ton of Command & Conquer: Generals a decade or so ago.
(probably going to get a lot of flak for this since the consensus is that it's "the worst of the C&C series"...)
I mean, I love Red Alert 3 and tons of people hate it. I see no issue here.

Fuertey

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 09:55:49 PM »
I'm a fan of them all (except Renegade. That crap doesn't deserve the C&C badge), Favourites are definitely RA2 & Generals. With RA3 coming in a close 3rd.

Never played with mods though. I found it ruined the game.

UNSCWATCHDOG

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 09:42:20 PM »
Kane's Wrath is my favorite one, and I wish the series wasn't discontinued.