Author Topic:  -= + [ Builders Unite ] + =-  (Read 2206 times)

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
Re: -= + [ Builders Unite ] + =-
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2016, 06:42:02 PM »
Builders unit was not only a well known clan for total miner they were known for Minecraft as well. Big yputuber known as stampylongcat was good friends with them there even in his magical garden what ever its called.

This has already been stated in this thread multiple times.

This part of the sentence was not relevant in any way shape or form.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2016, 07:05:53 PM »
they were known for Minecraft as well. Big yputuber known as stampylongcat was good friends with them there even in his magical garden what ever its called.
This part of the sentence was not relevant in any way shape or form.

I think the fact that they are a known MC team is definitely relevant to the discussion of the name and how well known the clan is. The stampy bit, Not so much.

However, This still stands true.
The clan wont last more than 2 weeks, the name is irrelevant at this point.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2016, 07:56:25 PM »
But I would argue that a discussion about the Name of the clan, particularly that it is almost identical to the name of another well known clan, is not a 'off topic or stupid little thing'.

If the name is not identical to another clan i fail to see where there is a problem?

But like, if I came out with a company named Comcost, and it did the same thing that Comcast, the ISP did, then people would associate my company with theirs, and might think they are in some way related.

For me, Unite, since it has another meaning than Unit isn't really that big of a deal, but I can see where other people are coming from.

Maybe change the name to Unified Builders or something?

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2016, 08:02:35 PM »
I think the fact that they are a known MC team is definitely relevant to the discussion of the name and how well known the clan is.

Why? Its not the same name? That's like watching a guy named Al Coponne because his name is similar to Al Capone the gangster. Just cause they're similar means nothing.

But like, if I came out with a company named Comcost, and it did the same thing that Comcast, the ISP did, then people would associate my company with theirs, and might think they are in some way related.

I dont believe he is using the success of another clan to support his own. I also dont believe people will immediately associate him or his clan with the clan "Builders Unit" simply because they're analogous names.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2016, 08:03:54 PM »
I dont believe he is using the success of another clan to support his own. I also dont believe people will immediately associate him or his clan with the clan "Builders Unit" simply because they're analogous names.

I don't think he's doing it intentionally, but people have already made associations. If they hadn't, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2016, 08:06:47 PM »
I don't think he's doing it intentionally, but people have already made associations. If they hadn't, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Vaild Point, but i dont think he should have to change the name.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2016, 08:09:33 PM »

Vaild Point, but i dont think he should have to change the name.

He doesn't have to. I'm just saying that's the best solution, in my opinion. But we've all got our own opinions, and they're all equally invalid.

Trupkmnmstr

• Fresh Meat
  • Why can't I hold all of these dank memes?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trupkmnmstr
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2016, 06:50:12 PM »
Gamertag: Trupkmnmstr
Mic: No
Estimated hours on a week:5-15
# of maps you can show to recruiters:7
Why you should be in the team:I know how to script decently, I am very high level in essential skills, I can use all of the creative tools, I specialize in town building and architecture, I am knowledgeable in building any things like furniture and vehicles(just for show, they don't actually move), and am on very frequently.
#CthulhuForPrez2016
Cthulhu for president 2016 "Why pick the lesser evil?"
かんちょう!エロ!セクシじゃ!