Author Topic:  Creditland | Credit Based Challenge Map  (Read 3615 times)

Jim 💠

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
Re: Creditland | Credit Based Challenge Map
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2016, 04:02:58 AM »
I like this feature and as .ok said, it gives a lot of replay value into the map.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

LB

• Founder of Catsbury and Creditland
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Liam Bradbury
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2016, 08:25:03 AM »
That was one of the main reasons why I added this feature, for playback value. Also having the clan emblems was an initial idea too as it will show off to other players that they're Prestiged.

Thank you for your feedback!

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2016, 03:46:21 PM »
In every game where you earn currency and there is ranks. I always like it if when the player prestiges, they get a certain percentage boost on earning currency. For example if a challenge gives you 10 credits, 1st prestige gives you 15 credits when beating it, 2nd prestige gives 20 credits. Also a prestige currency would be cool. For every extra rank past 10, when they prestige, they get that in gems, for example, if im rank 13 and i prestige i will get 3 of these prestige coins. Then you can add a Prestige Shop where they can buy coin boosts, little treasure chests they can open for loot, and other cool things. I believe these would be awesome to add if you do add prestiges.

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2016, 11:28:07 AM »
The newest addition to Creditland is now available. Behold the new mysterious Puzzle Boxes!

The Puzzle Boxes are obtained randomly through the first 8 normal challenges. The chances of getting one of these Puzzle Boxes depends on which challenge you complete, if you complete an easy challenge the chances of obtaining one will be significantly lower than obtaining one through a more difficult challenge.

So what do these Puzzle Boxes do?

When you open the box, you will be asked to remember a number for 8 seconds then which you will need to input into the box. The number you'll need to remember depends on the amount of total credits you have. If you correctly input the number, you will receive that amount in credits, get it wrong however and you will be taken to a secret tomb and you will lose a 'small' amount of credits.

Moral of the Puzzle Box: The more total credits you have, the more challenging the number will be to remember but in return will give you more credits.

On a side note, there has been some small updates in Creditland such as a new tutorial to really help the new players get used to the essential mechanics of the world like gaining credits through the wand and using the Utility Tool to efficiently get around.

My current plans are to completely redesign the original 8 challenges to perhaps give them all a theme but to overall make them look more appealing to the players, right now they are outdated and don't fit the design level the world currently has. I am also planning a new quest that delves into the mystery behind players losing credits. The idea sounds corny but I can assure you that it will have a much deeper meaning and will definitely teach players the real reason behind people losing not only their credits but lots of their history values.

This is what has been going on recently. Do you think these updates are good? Could they be improved at all? What are your thoughts on them, I would appreciate any feedback!

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2016, 01:01:37 PM »
I'm going to be honest, The puzzle box seems way too easy from the concept.

I memorized 2147483647 in a few minutes, So any number with less digits than that will be insanely easy to remember for a few seconds. All you need to do is repeat it aloud for 8 seconds.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2016, 01:05:19 PM »

I memorized 2147483647 in a few minutes, So any number with less digits than that will be insanely easy to remember for a few seconds. All you need to do is repeat it aloud for 8 seconds.

Alright, how could this be changed to be more challenging? I understand that it can be quite easy.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2016, 02:10:18 PM »

Alright, how could this be changed to be more challenging? I understand that it can be quite easy.
Perhaps by making it an actual puzzle. Like where you have to try and figure something out or piece something together. Something with colours might be good.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2017, 03:24:00 PM »
I have made a cinematic video for Creditland. Please tell me what you think of the video!

I will be posting more updates about the world soon, I have been working on Creditland a lot during the Christmas holidays and I feel that I need to update my thread.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2017, 03:32:10 PM »
That's a really neat video, well done. The only thing I'd say is to slow down at the sign part where it says property of LB so that we can reaf it easier. Other than that.. 10 / 10! :D
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Jim 💠

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2017, 03:55:53 PM »
Really well put together video Liam! The visual editing was on point with the music too! I do editing as I create films in school and I know from experience how difficult it sometimes can be to match the music up with the video.

I really enjoyed that!

You have a little talent in you  ;)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2017, 01:54:10 AM »
very nice video. Saw a few parts on teh map that i didn't know about. maybe you could do a smaller update video for bigger features

otherwise you should try doing cinematics of other people's maps.maybe get some effects for videos

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2017, 10:19:49 PM »
I love the video, it shows every aspect of the map, and gives a good idea of how the map is before even joining it. Great job on the video, I'd enjoy more to come.

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2017, 03:54:55 PM »
Creditland is now celebrating its first birthday! Nothing new is being added, I just wanted to say it has been a great year hosting the world even though I took a few long breaks here and there. I'm actually very shocked about how fast time has gone by, I still remember discussing ideas with Michaelc9 about a potential challenge map and incorporating Deathmine elements into it and transforming it into a popular go-to map for most players and those ideas, in addition to suggested ideas, created what the world is now.

This world built up my reputation, I started on my old Xbox since my other one died out so I had nothing to my name, just a few unlockables. Slowly but surely people started to play my world regularly and because Creditland was the only challenge map at the time being hosted, it gained popularity rather quickly after the first few weeks. Some players eventually said that it is the best challenge map ever (which I disagree with), with the likes of Jared placing my map in his top 5 Challenge maps, Clerical explored all of the features and thoroughly enjoyed their time on the world and has been in the Top 5 Maps of the Month on Mythical Monkey's channel.

Now I don't know exactly where Creditland will go from here since PC is so close, but there is a high chance that I will host regularly on the PC. Thank you everyone for an amazing year of hosting 'one of the greatest challenge maps'!

Jim 💠

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2017, 04:11:23 PM »
You're right about it being "one of the greatest challenge maps" I really enjoy playing on this map and I'll be sure to join once you start hosting on PC!  ^-^