Author Topic:  Creditland | Credit Based Challenge Map  (Read 3771 times)

LB

• Creator of Creditland, Infinity and Elzrin
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Liam Bradbury
Creditland | Credit Based Challenge Map
« on: February 01, 2016, 06:07:39 PM »
I'm Liam Bradbury, host and main creator of the upcoming challenge map Creditland. It will be hosted by me and the co-host Michaelc9.

This world isn't like all of the typical challenge maps going around, well I haven't hosted a challenge map that was popular since 1.9 so I wouldn't know what the generic challenge maps are like now. Anyway, the world is essentially what the world is called, Creditland. Credits are the form of currency in this world as it is used to purchase new tools, unlock the ability to access the challenge zone and unlock further challenges, purchase land or a property and it can be used to purchase special rewards like Multi-Credits or particle trails after you save up. I'll go into further detail about all of these rewards soon.

As of now, the world has been in development for 2 days, around 25 total man hours because both me and Michael have been building and scripting for hours on end to get the world closer to release. Screenshots will be uploaded within the next few days, possibly tomorrow alongside regular updates. Let's hope we can start to build an audience for this world before release!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:06:49 AM by LB »

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • I sometimes eat onions.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
  • Steam: casual onion
Re: Creditland | Challenge Map Based Around Currency
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 06:58:26 PM »
Sounds promising! Can't wait to see the images you provide.

/onion Inspirational Quotes /onion

casual onion [23|Mar 09:59 PM]:   If you don't succeed, try, try and give up.

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

Trub's Unisex Holiday Name [12|Nov 07:28 PM]:
You look like Casual Onion.

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 08:06:18 PM »
Well I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

xTokioBeatlex7

• Elite Member
  • Here to Help!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: xTokioBeatlex
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 08:40:22 AM »
I like using history credits for currency instead of gold pieces. It takes up less space and they are just unique. I think this will be a good map.
Definitely not a Destructo-Kitten.

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 11:00:48 AM »
Spawn - The Spawn Room.

Credit Shop - Clay is traded here for Credits. Also used to purchase pickaxes.

Challenges Hall - Holds all of the parkour/fun challenges. Costs a one-time fee of 50 Credits.

Unique Rewards Shop - Trade Credits or other achievements for extra rewards or particle trails.

Clay Mine - Mine Clay then used at Credit Shop to gain Credits.

These are the big screenshots that I have at the moment. The other screenshots will be used at another time as I'll go into further detail about the images.

Also, I stream the creation of this world regularly if you didn't know. Go to twitch.tv/liambradburyrs to go to my Twitch channel, I might even be online if you do click on the link.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:02:31 AM by Liam B »

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 11:23:27 AM »
Now it's time to show you all of the further details about the greater parts of the world, such as the scripting involved with the world and how the world is actually put together. Firstly, I'm going to show the Unique Rewards Shop and all of the parts that are currently working inside.

Multi-Credits - Multi-Credits is the first Credit based reward purchased from the Rewards Shop. This upgrade allows you to gain 8x more Clay instead of the normal 1 Credit per Clay. So it gives you 8 Credits. Genius, right?

Anyway, during creation I thought that having just one upgrade was boring and wasn't enough. I then decided to add Multi-Credits 2.0. This upgrade can only be purchased once you own Multi-Credits. It upgrades the 8x Credits to 12x, giving 12 Credits per Clay.

As of now, this is the last Credits reward in the shop. This is the mighty Credit Overload. This makes Clay 25x as efficient! That's more than double the amount you'd get from having Multi-Credits 2.0!

I forgot to mention that all of the upgrades come at a cost... a big cost. The first upgrade costs 10,000 Credits, second one costing 25,000 Credits and the last one costing 50,000 Credits.

Now we come onto the particle trails. These are very unique from what I can see. These particle trails follow your character everywhere you go and float about your head. These particles look amazing and have received some positive reviews. I'll start with the admin trails. Me and Michaelc9 have separate trails and we wear them all of the time.

Not only do we get particle trails, but they can be earned by doing some tasks within the world.

The Leap particles - These particles are unlocked by completing The Leap challenge, the final challenge inside of the Challenge Hall. There are 3 different colours: Crystal Blue, Violet and Lava.

Clay Master - You must mine 1,500 Clay in the mine to unlock this trail. It is a small and beige coloured particle trail.
VIP - This particle currently cannot be obtained as the VIP feature does not exist. That is still in development as of now.

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 05:01:47 PM »
Its a fairly fun map, I had a blast beating the parkour and worth joining for sure. +1

However, if you lag out and lose credits the host is not going to give them back,

Prime example, I spent 50 minutes+ in the world which I rarely ever do, and beat the extreme challenge like 15-17 times in a row to rack up 300,000+ credits, to save for vip when he finishes it. Then the game crashed and he reloaded and I had only 278 credits. Host Wouldn't give any back unfortunately so I left.

Obviously he doesn't trust me but the jokes on him because I recorded my entire visit.

Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Just thought it might be worth mentioning to anyone who plans on spending a lot of time in the map.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:19:55 PM by Steve »

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 02:04:30 AM »
Well I didn't know you had that many credits :P Guess I have to make things more clear in my world and say if you have proof, you may claim your credits.

Also, it was unfortunate that the world crash as it rarely does that, in fact it has only done it once.

Edit: Just realised that my auto-save it set to 15 minutes... changing to 5 minutes right now!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 02:07:11 AM by Liam B »

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 07:58:10 PM »
After a few days of hosting and thinking of new ideas, the world has exploded with content since the start. I even have some screenshots to show some of the new content and events that have happened during the past few days.

I'll start with a negative :/ As the world is using credits/mining method that is commonly used in deathmatch worlds, some people have given the world a low rating and complaining that the world is 'hiding under the wrong attribute to get players'. That's a lie! The whole map has nothing to do with PvP. I have ignored these comments and have continued with scripts as normal.

Now into some more positive inputs.

Just a few hours ago, I implemented a system that is used in other challenge maps which is where there are different mines that can only be used by people with certain avatars equipped. Getting that to work was easy however, getting the credits system with with all of the credit upgrades linked to it and making everything work was a huge struggle. It took me over 1 1/2 hours to do it in fact which is longer than usual for me to complete something big using scripts. It's working now, now new and improved!

On the 4th of February I was able to get the InvaderMan avatar which was a huge accomplishment for me as I finally got something very difficult after 5 years of playing. Whilst on the topic of InvaderMan, the arcade has made its way into the world and works perfectly with the credits system. In the screenshot, you can see that you are able to take money from the machine and lose credits and vice versa.
I was so generous that I made a particle trail dedicated to those players who have unlocked InvaderMan.

Credit: Sheepano II (as the InvaderMan in the image)

Lastly the much loved Unique Rewards Shop has received a make-over and an extension. Players were commonly using the shop and seeing as the room beforehand wasn't an equal length, I thought that I needed to change it so it would fit for more content and to make it look more appealing.

It is now a long corridor which will be filled up with rewards. Unique rewards of course!

The list of particles that players can use has been added to, but not by much. I have plans to add lots more particles for bigger things as the world gets bigger.

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 05:23:04 PM »
It's been around a week since I last posted anything on this thread and a lot has changed about the world, both by the choice of me and Michaelc9 and by suggestions of players. I will be posting screenshots about all of the major changes/updates that have happened over the last week and I'll be adding what will be added or what has been planned to be added.

I'll start this post of by talking about the world idea copying ordeal. I know that this type of world isn't original, it's used in just about every deathmatch world to keep players in. However, this is a challenge world and some players love the idea of having to gain credits and do mining to advance instead of jumping ahead to the challenges. Some people liked it too much I guess and decided to make an exact replica of my world (far less design and detail) and attempted to brainwash players that have not been on either my world or his world before by claiming that I fully copied his world and idea.

OJH09. Just saying, you can't say someone has 'copied' your world when your world was made 3 days after the original was being hosted...

Now onto some positives and some bigger things about the world.

This is a smaller addition to the world, but very effective to those who constantly take damage. There are 4 lamps placed around the edges of the spawn room and standing on them heals you. Simple and effective!

Now onto the particle trails. Creditland is known for having a large amount of particle trails after completing certain tasks within the world and the list keeps on adding up.
The Valentine's particle trail will be available to pick up on the 14th February 2016 (Valentine's Day) for all of the lonely people so it will be an exclusive trail for those who are lonely on the V Day :^)

3 major particle trails have made their way onto the world. The VIP Head or Feet trail, the Total Miner trail and the Retro Trail. The VIP trails are exactly what it says in the name, a trail for VIPs only. The Total Miner trail is obtained by mining 5,000 of either Clay, Dark Red blocks or Gold Blocks. Finally, the Retro trail is obtained by trading in 450 Retro tokens. Retro tokens can be gained by completing the new Fun Challenges at the end of the challenges hall.

Fun Challenges are new in Creditland. It adds more unique challenges rather than parkour, and it's received positive reviews. With the release of the new challenges, a new form of currency has also been added. Retro tokens are claimed by doing these challenges and once you get enough of them, you can either redeem them for a generous amount of credits or trade them for an exquisite particle trail as described in the previous part of this thread. These are 2 examples of the fun challenges, one of them being a throwback challenge from my old challenge map from 2013.

Now onto the smaller things.

2 more avatar mines have been added to the avatar mine selection, adding from the original Clay mine, Diablo and Golden Knight mine. I have added a mine for Angel and Madman. Yes, the blocks that you can mine do fully work with all of the credit upgrades allowing you to gain more credits per block!

On the 12th February 2016, Creditland hit its first milestone of 100 rates. Everyone that was in the game celebrated by mining tonnes of Pink blocks out of the party room. The party was so good, some people became rich after it, some people becoming rich enough to become VIPs!

As of now:

A working Tic Tac Toe is currently being developed.
The Trivia is also in development.
Michael's MK Challenges is almost fully completed, giving a particle trail once the player completes every challenge.
Achievements is planned but is currently not in the game.

See you next week for the next bunch of large updates!

Michaelc9

• Creator of LoP. Co-Host of Catsbury & Creditland.
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Michaelc9
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 05:36:38 PM »
Its a fairly fun map, I had a blast beating the parkour and worth joining for sure. +1

However, if you lag out and lose credits the host is not going to give them back,

Prime example, I spent 50 minutes+ in the world which I rarely ever do, and beat the extreme challenge like 15-17 times in a row to rack up 300,000+ credits, to save for vip when he finishes it. Then the game crashed and he reloaded and I had only 278 credits. Host Wouldn't give any back unfortunately so I left.

Obviously he doesn't trust me but the jokes on him because I recorded my entire visit.

Just thought it might be worth mentioning to anyone who plans on spending a lot of time in the map.

Demanding for things doesn't work. It's clear you just want a reason to boycott the map.
We're reasonable and give credit refunds to people who lose their credits. If you show a bit of patience, instead of kicking off then whinging about it on the forums, perhaps you'd get a little further.  :o

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • I sometimes eat onions.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
  • Steam: casual onion
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 09:00:49 PM »
Hi, i joined the map earlier and I enjoyed by visit. There's a lot of time, effort and detail been put into the map. Obviously the map isn't fully developed yet and I've given my suggestions to the host which he already plans to implement. I'd also recommend resizing your images.

On the code it will say [IMG] if you make it [IMG width=500] then it's much better for us mobile users.

Good luck with the map. Also regarding the history marks deleting when you lag out, I've had it for at least 2 - 3 months. Just save often and turn autosave on 5 minutes.

- Casual
/onion Inspirational Quotes /onion

casual onion [23|Mar 09:59 PM]:   If you don't succeed, try, try and give up.

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

Trub's Unisex Holiday Name [12|Nov 07:28 PM]:
You look like Casual Onion.

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 09:10:47 PM »
Auto-save is now set to 5 minutes.

I will start to make the images smaller on next week's post for sure. Even I'm finding it annoying to get my way to the bottom of the thread!

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 02:33:37 PM »

A sneak peek behind the huge expansion coming to Creditland.

No more information will be given out about this until it's released.

Keep guessing on what this could be, it's more obscure than you think.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 03:17:14 PM by LB »

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 09:12:55 PM »
PvP area, mob area, clans, survival mode