Author Topic:  YouTube - Conmaan  (Read 7784 times)

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
Re: YouTube - Conmaan
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2016, 07:53:00 PM »
Your deep voice soothes.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2016, 11:57:50 PM »

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2016, 07:54:35 PM »
Got another video up today.

Total Miner v Minecraft (Discussion about the main characteristics that separate total miner from the most widely known voxel sandbox game out there, MC)

I'm going to try and upload every tuesday/thursday, if I can. Would love to hear what you guys think of my video!

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2016, 09:00:07 PM »
Unlockables
Arcade Machines
Texture-able blocks
Sledge Hammer
Paintings
Skills

Those are just a few but nice video. :)

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2016, 12:39:45 PM »
New video!

Topic: NPC Behaviors for Total Miner PC :)

There's also something I left out, which I'll make a video on at some point in the future, probably either this weekend or next week.

As always, I'd love to think what everyone thinks. I feel like this is probably my best video thusfar.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2016, 06:23:19 PM »
Another new video's up and running.

Its on the debug tool, which is a new tool coming to total miner PC. There's a couple of features of it that I left out for the sake of time, such as a green/red indicator to see whether a node failed its check, but there'll be an advanced tutorial in the future to cover everything in more detail. If anyone's got any questions in terms of how the item works, I'd be happy to share.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2016, 06:34:12 PM »
2 questions.

1: Why is the debug tool changing the dynamic of the behaviour when it is used?
It is very clear that when it was active, The NPC's wandering was erratic and weird, Yet when it was inactive, The wandering looked normal and more natural.

2: Why is the sun so tiny? I realize that it's more realistic that way, But it feels odd to me.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
  • Steam: Alienizd
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2016, 06:50:34 PM »
2: Why is the sun so tiny? I realize that it's more realistic that way, But it feels odd to me.
Increased View Distance. You can adjust it now and notice that the sun will change size.
-Alionz

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2016, 06:55:18 PM »
2 questions.

It is very clear that when it was active, The NPC's wandering was erratic and weird, Yet when it was inactive, The wandering looked normal and more natural.

1: Actually I didn't  notice that when making the video. Could be a bug of some sort, not sure.

2: I think it looks better smaller. Less overwhelming. Not sure about the view distance thing since it didn't change the size of the sun for me in game, but that could very well be a factor in the console version.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2016, 08:10:49 PM »
It is because in order to visually follow the execution of the nodes, the execution has to be slowed down. If it was not slowed down, the nodes are executed so fast, you would not be able to follow the execution and it would not be useful.

The wandering is affected because of this.

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2016, 09:39:42 PM »
Still loving these videos :)

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2016, 09:51:39 PM »
Still loving these videos :)

Thanks!  ::) It means a lot to hear you say that

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2016, 01:10:54 AM »
YK, were both slightly dumb.... Lol, I said you could have used the notify script to show it... Then I saw the video and remembered when Craig added it one Dev stream... Lol 

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2016, 05:19:45 PM »
It is because in order to visually follow the execution of the nodes, the execution has to be slowed down. If it was not slowed down, the nodes are executed so fast, you would not be able to follow the execution and it would not be useful.

It can probably be fixed.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2016, 07:42:00 PM »

Could something like this be added for scripts? Sure, It's easy enough to add a notify to areas to make sure they are working, But you can do the same thing with NPCs. In addition, Having a visual indicator as to where a script is failing would be really useful.

Especially if the game told you what the script was trying to do.

I can't tell you how many times I've messed up on a script by accidentally using global history. Those kinds of problems aren't easily noticed, And some way to quickly spot them would be great.

It may be redundant at times, But I think it would be really useful.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym