Author Topic: [PC] TM PC Modding API  (Read 11727 times)

XBLToothPik

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[PC] Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2016, 08:19:17 PM »
Not when it initially comes out on early access,

I guess this confirms you ARE bringing it to early access (had only been talked about)?  If so, what kind of a timeframe do you think this would be?

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2016, 11:36:20 PM »
Not when it initially comes out on early access,

I guess this confirms you ARE bringing it to early access (had only been talked about)?  If so, what kind of a timeframe do you think this would be?
Still not 100% confirmed, but it is gaining momentum as the most likely path. You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2016, 03:28:09 AM »
So are these mods going to be an in world feature, like scripts? Or more like an external thing, like where you type up a word document and modify the code a bit?

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2016, 04:29:52 AM »
So are these mods going to be an in world feature, like scripts? Or more like an external thing, like where you type up a word document and modify the code a bit?
External.

A simple mod will just be a matter of supplying an XML file, which you can edit in any XML editor program.
More sophisticated mods will require programming, and for that you'd typically use Visual Studio.

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2016, 07:42:50 AM »
Is it possible for mods to work online... Not speaking of textural mods. I mean is it a possibility that someone could join your game, and give themselves admin perm, air break, add/remove blocks or ping you in the air via mods?

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
  • Steam: Alienizd
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2016, 07:55:44 AM »
Is it possible for mods to work online... Not speaking of textural mods. I mean is it a possibility that someone could join your game, and give themselves admin perm, air break, add/remove blocks or ping you in the air via mods?
I would presume, if anything, that only the host will control the mods, so (very unlikely) no-one will be giving themselves admin or anything similar.
-Alionz

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2016, 08:21:15 AM »
I would presume, if anything, that only the host will control the mods, so (very unlikely) no-one will be giving themselves admin or anything similar.

That would suck if that were to happen. I would assume that the only mods that would work online would be texture mods

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2016, 08:45:08 AM »
That would suck if that were to happen. I would assume that the only mods that would work online would be texture mods
Now that I think about it, I believe those may want to have some level of comtrol available as well even with them being a client-only change.
-Alionz

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2016, 09:18:13 AM »
Now that I think about it, I believe those may want to have some level of comtrol available as well even with them being a client-only change.

I wouldn't complain if we were given the option to enforce texture packs. I mean, Have you ever seen how terrible Rupture builds look in OrigHD and vice versa?

What about Cyberpunk builds in literally any other TP?

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2016, 09:46:58 AM »

I wouldn't complain if we were given the option to enforce texture packs. I mean, Have you ever seen how terrible Rupture builds look in OrigHD and vice versa?

Along with that, I think preventing cheating mods (i.e., mods where anything not worth anything is white, the lighting does not include darkness, etc) would be good.
-Alionz

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2016, 10:54:20 AM »

Along with that, I think preventing cheating mods (i.e., mods where anything not worth anything is white, the lighting does not include darkness, etc) would be good.

I mean, You can cheat darkness completely in the vanilla game. Just switch to Cyberpunk. The light map is all the same brightness for the sake of building.

All the more reason to allow locking TPs.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2016, 11:52:48 AM »
Microsoft JScript...

I'm assuming that the red is Paul Blart: Mall Copscript, can someone please confirm that.
Not entirely, but for the sake of being an answer, yes.

Not entirely? Can you please explain what you mean?
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2016, 11:55:49 AM »

I agree with this

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2016, 12:28:57 PM »

I'd assume that there would need to be a feature like minecraft's, where you are opted to download the mod upon entering a world.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2016, 01:26:05 PM »
Microsoft JScript...

I'm assuming that the red is Paul Blart: Mall Copscript, can someone please confirm that.
Not entirely, but for the sake of being an answer, yes.

Not entirely? Can you please explain what you mean?
Well, with a quick Google search, the difference is:
Jav*ascript is the original language, developed by Netscape
Jscript is Microsoft's implementation (hence why it's supported over the original)
There is also a ECMA Jav*ascript, which is a language standard implementation for the original.
Here is the information and more subtle difference notes
If you want to find more information via Google, simply search "Jav*aScript vs Jscript".
-Alionz