Author Topic:  XBOX ONE (New Generation)  (Read 41100 times)

Infamy

• What is lifes greatest Illusion? Innocence.
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
XBOX ONE (New Generation)
« on: May 21, 2013, 01:10:04 PM »
The XBOX 1 (New generation XBOX) was a confirmed name for the newest console from microsoft, it includes a very sleak and slim design, looks almost alien like and composit to the PS3's design. Controller is slightly smaller than the original 360's with more grip on buttons and thumbsticks.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hub/reveal (Live Now; 5/21/13 1:09 PM EST)

What it looks like:
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:11:49 PM by Evesy »

The White Wabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
Re: XBOX 1 (New Generation
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 02:05:19 PM »
Now introducing Xbox EA where you can watch all the sports you want while your family screams Xbox tv and change everything what else do you want maybe a box... wait do you want to watch anything but american sports.... eerm yeah eeerm bye

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

Zidane Tribal

Re: XBOX 1 (New Generation
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 02:10:12 PM »
so we'll be driving cars and play and watch sports without paying attention about FPS. Nah, I will go back to shooting and driving tanks thank you very much.

But Halo's TV series, looks alright though. they as bad as they seem. but they need more evidence to get my vote.

DiamondBack662

Re: XBOX ONE (New Generation)
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 03:00:01 PM »

The Xbox One has 8GB of RAM, along with a Blu-ray drive, as well as a native 64-bit architecture, a 500GB onboard hard drive, HDMI in and out (including passthrough capabilities for use with your existing home theatre setup), 802.11n Wi-Fi as well as an 8-core CPU and USB 3.0 connectivity. That’s mostly in line with what we’ve heard from previous rumors, but it’s still quite impressive.

The big advantage of the Xbox One is its architecture, however, according to Microsoft’s Marc Whitten. He said essentially it’s like they’ve combined three operating systems in one to deliver the seamless transition between games, applications, and live entertainment. The Xbox architecture combines with Windows, via a third OS that handles fast switching between multi-tasking apps.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:12:08 PM by DiamondBack662 »

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 03:37:32 PM »
Wow. I'm horribly unimpressed. It's as if they took everything I don't like about the 360 and made it the main features. Back to team Sony for me

The White Wabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 03:52:14 PM »
Cannot beloeve that I am going to agree with you :P or maybe even a nintendo wii u :o

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

DiamondBack662

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 03:59:20 PM »
Frankly I'd turn back to the PC as my primary gamecenter rather than go to PS4 or *shudder* the Wii-Pew.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 04:26:09 PM »
Frankly I'd turn back to the PC as my primary gamecenter rather than go to PS4 or *shudder* the Wii-Pew.

I already have a gaming PC. Unfortunately I like collecting games for it more than actually playing them. I've never even bothered downloading about 90% of the games I've bought.

Have the Wii U as well. That's primarily for Nintendo games though.

I'll have to get PS4 to play the multiplatform games. Not like I'm missing out on any great MS exclusives, other than Halo and Gears of War..neither of which I care about. I really don't care about achievements so, no loss for me there

Seems like MS has caught alot of what Sony had right before PS3 came out..where they fully believe it's going to win just because their logo is stamped on it.

Too much Kinect, too much focus on movies and tv shows, xbox gold fees, a surcharge to use a game on more than a single gamertag.

Shorts the Environmentalist

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Shortpants128
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 04:42:58 PM »
my opinion, now don't get all mad at me about this immature gamers out there.

-its too boxy, needs more curves to it, or something pizazz.

-too black and dull, also unoriginal.

-going to be WAY to expensive when it comes out.

-games will probably cost too much

-whats up with the new controller? looks like it came out from transformers, or the cybermen upgraded it...

-they make it seem like a home system instead of a game system, so now i am probaably going to stay on xbox 360, or PC.

its good and all, but too fancy and dull.
Doctor Who superfan! and first to break the topic section! First to be Legendary Member! I also claim to have the biggest name :3
/apm /ag /ag /ag /ag

Steam and XBL GT :
Shortpants128

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 05:04:19 PM »
Introducing the all new Kinect: "Xbox, turn off!"   "I'm afraid I can't let you do that Dave..."
You make me smile!

almantux11

• Physics is never easy
  • Awards Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: almantux11
  • Steam: almantux111
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 05:26:36 PM »
All I'm really caring about is games... A new console wont make a difference for me as I don't use it as how other people do. I just play games and talk to people.. pretty much it.

DiamondBack662

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 05:37:01 PM »

I already have a gaming PC. Unfortunately I like collecting games for it more than actually playing them. I've never even bothered downloading about 90% of the games I've bought.

Have the Wii U as well. That's primarily for Nintendo games though.

I'll have to get PS4 to play the multiplatform games. Not like I'm missing out on any great MS exclusives, other than Halo and Gears of War..neither of which I care about. I really don't care about achievements so, no loss for me there

Seems like MS has caught alot of what Sony had right before PS3 came out..where they fully believe it's going to win just because their logo is stamped on it.

Too much Kinect, too much focus on movies and tv shows, xbox gold fees, a surcharge to use a game on more than a single gamertag.

I don't use kinect now.. As it's not integrated into the box itself, I'm thinking you might have the option to just not use it.. sure you won't have voice command or the ability to do the minority report hand gestures... but I don't really want that anyway... I'm not going to be playing anything that requires me to jump about infront of my TV... I work for a living and am ready to veg on the couch when I get home.. no kinect.. ever for me.
I've never really cared for Nintendo..or their weird Japanocentric games... frankly find it more a system for young kids more than adults.. IMHO... Playstation has not been in my life since the first one.. and it was a big dissapointment in titles that I'd play.. I've played it at friend's houses.. never felt the desire to buy one.. and they never have gotten into the community game thing very well.. Xbox at least has been about making friends on Live... That they do very well.
I won't be buying this a release... but I'll be watching it closely for a few months...

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
  • Awards Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts I AM THE LAW! Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 05:48:58 PM »
I just play games and talk to people.. pretty much it.

I feel with the Kinect having to always be in, I think that could cause some trouble...
These are my main worries, Mandatory Game Installs: Yes, Used Game Fee: Yes.
WHY! With only 500 GB, it is to small for all your games needing installed.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 06:35:26 PM »

I don't use kinect now.. As it's not integrated into the box itself, I'm thinking you might have the option to just not use it.. sure you won't have voice command or the ability to do the minority report hand gestures... but I don't really want that anyway... I'm not going to be playing anything that requires me to jump about infront of my TV... I work for a living and am ready to veg on the couch when I get home.. no kinect.. ever for me.
I've never really cared for Nintendo..or their weird Japanocentric games... frankly find it more a system for young kids more than adults.. IMHO... Playstation has not been in my life since the first one.. and it was a big dissapointment in titles that I'd play.. I've played it at friend's houses.. never felt the desire to buy one.. and they never have gotten into the community game thing very well.. Xbox at least has been about making friends on Live... That they do very well.
I won't be buying this a release... but I'll be watching it closely for a few months...

According to reports the xbox won't even work if you unplug the Kinect
http://www.destructoid.com/the-xbox-one-will-not-function-without-the-kinect-254209.phtml

That little fact frankly worries me. They've been pushing developers this gen to use Kinect in any possible game. Now once your userbase has 100% Kinect penetration that's only going to grow. I can just see the mandatory Kinect useage mandate now, the same way they did with achievements, and xbl features.

The last thing on earth I have any desire to do is talk to my tv, or hop around like a chimpanzee on speed for some minigame where pressing a button would have been far faster and easier.

That and I just despise the fact that I'll be required to keep a second box sitting by my tv staring at me at all times. I have about 100 cables and cords running all over the room as it is, and without any back compatibility, I won't even be able to eliminate the ones from the 360 to make room for them.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 06:48:50 PM »
That little fact frankly worries me. They've been pushing developers this gen to use Kinect in any possible game. Now once your userbase has 100% Kinect penetration that's only going to grow. I can just see the mandatory Kinect useage mandate now, the same way they did with achievements, and xbl features.
I'm not so sure. It appears the app store will be integrated, and I can't imagine every app store app being required to support kinect?

btw it appears the app store is the way forward for indie games on the next gen. So Total Miner may be possible on it.