Author Topic:  1.92 Release  (Read 11754 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
1.92 Release
« on: May 20, 2013, 11:06:55 PM »
The 1.92 update will include:

Fixes:
  • [Fixed] Shop bluescreen.
  • [Fixed] Setting Key bluescreen.
  • [Fixed] If you set a key that was not the skeleton key, then set the key back to the skeleton key, it used another slot for the skeleton key instead of using slot 1 (so there would be 2 x skeleton keys on the select screen).
  • [Fixed] Picking a Pressure Plate does not remember it's texture.
  • [Fixed] If you changed a block texture to anything other than the default, then changed it back to the default, the chunk graphics were not refreshed (with the newly selected texture) until some other update triggered a refresh.
  • [Fixed] Add Book bluescreen.
  • [Fixed] Saved Peaceful game modes loading as Creative.
  • [Fixed] Non Creative Maps that were converted to Creative maps have anomalies in terrain generation.
  • [Fixed] Sometimes buying a blank slot on the shop screen will lock up the Xbox.
  • [Fixed] Fix remote avatar item swing animation.
  • [Fixed] Doors are not supposed to open when a neighbour pressure plate is removed.
  • [Fixed] Crouched Wall glitching.
  • [Fixed] Zombies & Spiders trigger pressure plates. Ducks don't, they're too light. Dryads and Djinn don't, they hover.
  • [Fixed] Remotes not able to join worlds that have a difficulty setting of Easy.
  • [Fixed] Fix corrupted map properties on affected maps.
  • [Fixed] Pasting outside the map can freeze the Xbox or cause serious lag.
  • [Fixed] Sand and Basalt deposits on Grasslands biome.
  • [Fixed] Dirt deposits on Desert biome.
  • [Fixed] Sentry Turret & Proximity Mine targeting bugs.
  • [Fixed] A few other minor bug fixes.
  • [Improved] Block targeting on edges of map.

New Stuff/Changes
  • [Added] Pressure plates now work for Locked Doors, but only if you are permitted to open them.
  • [Added] Graphic's option to toggle Cloud Drawing off.
  • [Added] Time FFWD/REV for Admins on Creative maps.
  • [Added] No Clip for Admins on Creative maps.
  • [Added] Rock splintering and mining particles are now visible for remote avatars.
  • [Added] Grief Permission: Protection against Blasts and Floods (moved from Creative permission).
  • [Changed] Permissions screen. If the player is not host or admin, they can view only their permissions.
  • [Changed] Permissions screen has been moved from the Multiplayer menu to the Player menu. This is so that it can be accessed in single player games.
  • [Changed] Spawn Inventory is now applied regardless of Finite Resources (previously it was only applied if Finite Resources was on).

The above list will be the update. It is highly unlikely anything else will be fixed/added.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 04:32:49 AM by Craig »

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Re: 1.92 Release
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 04:21:05 AM »
The bug where people cannot join another world, on attempting to join, it just dumps you back to the world list, or freezes.

It is caused by #14 here]http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=608.0]here

The map property corruption bug was caused by errors occuring in the networking code while parsing incoming data sent from other xboxes. It caused the networking code to continue processing packets from the wrong offset in the data, making the data invalid. Some times the networking code thought it was reading map properties, when it wasn't, and there was no safety check to ensure invalid properties weren't used, thereby corrupting the map with bad data.

As part of the fix in 1.9, I put in the safety check, so it would only receive the map properties if the data was valid, and if the data was not valid, it just ignored it.

When you join a map, the host sends the map properties to you. If the hosts map had been affected by the original bug above, some of those properties would have been invalid, so the networking code ignored it. If it was ignored, the connection was not completed, so the world could not be joined.

There are still many maps out there with these invalid properties, so what I'm going to do in 1.92, is if the game detects invalid map properties, it's going to make educated guesses to try and fix the data. If it cannot make an educated guess for a specific property, it will set it to some default. This may cause some maps properties to change, and maybe they will not be what they were originally, but at least they will not be invalid, and players will be able to join the map.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 02:27:39 AM »
op updated

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 03:02:27 AM »
op updated

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 11:57:52 PM »
op updated

the update will be submitted to peer review in approx 7 hours from the time of this post.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 06:43:18 AM »
op updated

the update will be submitted to peer review in approx 7 hours from the time of this post.

My apologies everyone. I assumed the XBLIG 1 week jail time started from the time 1.91 was submitted to peer review. But it doesn't, it starts from the time 1.91 was approved, which means the jail time does not finish for another 3-4 days.

I planned on submitting 1.92 tonight, but now I can't. I leave for a 5 day holiday tomorrow to get some badly needed rest. I'll take my laptop, and submit the update as soon as I'm allowed. But I won't be fixing or adding anything new. The list above will be the update.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:47:06 AM by Craig »

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 10:26:56 AM »
Total Miner: Forge v1.92 has been submitted to peer review.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
Total Miner: Forge v1.92 has passed peer review and should be available for download within a few hours.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 10:41:41 PM »
Should be available to download in most places now.