Poll

If you joined, are you having fun on this Role Play?

Yes!
3 (60%)
No!
1 (20%)
Sort of...
1 (20%)
I like it, but I think it needs this...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic:  ℵ~Sylac's Dreams~ℵ [Role Play]  (Read 6663 times)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
Re: ℵ~Sylac's Dreams~ℵ [Role Play]
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2015, 06:08:39 PM »
ℵ~Alruane~ℵ

It was fortuitous that night that Al decided to enter the tavern. Granted, it was his stomping grounds, he loved coming in and hearing tales of fancy or adventure. His life was filled with adventure, and tales to spin a yarn for a life time. He traded in stories and spells, sometimes other objects of value. But nothing was more valuable to him than experience and adventure.

He met a sly one today, managed to get some Dragon Scales from him. Bizarre, typically those were hard to come by and even harder to actually acquire. He was simply given them after using an old ancient language to speak to the person. It was quite an honor that he could find another linguist in these parts. Other than sentient beings outside of Celtington, it was hard to come by.

Al actually managed to see an old friend in the tavern tonight, it was Ychthirillius. IT had been at least one or two years since he last spoke to that ole gnome. He ended up giving the Gnome an old, but true, tale of his past adventures. He was shin deep into his book after returning from his meeting with the Gnome. Old friends were hard to come by these days, Typically due to them dying for some fool purpose.

Usually a woman, a Baron, a Lord, King, Gods, and the like. He found it best to cut ties and be his own man, someone no one knew, yet everyone was friend with. He was a man of fair trade, good story, and admirable company. His magic was known, to some extent, but others found him a mystery. And in his right, he was...but in this town he was fairly unknown personally.

Only of his profession, and his favored past-times. He did notice another being enter the tavern. Being that it was Celtington, this towns abundance of anything but human was in high demand. He resembled a sort of tall bulking being of great physical prowess. Al kept his eye on him, just in case.

Typically large beings in this tavern meant one thing - bar brawls. And Al was in no mood tonight to break up yet another fight. He enjoyed the times of eve when the tavern was merely quiet and devoid of most folks. Only low whispers and sips of cool ale were what he enjoyed hearing, other than the hearth's crackling fire and magic in the air. His one, true great, love of this town was that it lie in the North East forest of Sylac.

The magic surged in the air and it was that energy he loved so much about this place. If he had to choose a fight, a reason to truly fight, it would be for this town. This place, it represented all that was right in a world that was so wrong. So deathly off, greed and anger are what truly offended his entire aura. If he so chose, he could be far wealthier than any god in the celestial compilation. But he cared NOTHINg for pure wealth, unless it was knowledge.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 06:13:15 PM by Jack Of Shades »

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2015, 06:56:16 PM »
It's around midnight, I've always found the night so peaceful. It's strange here though, They say this town is protected by some sorts of spirits, Yet though i have heard their whispers at the edge of town, They seem to be indifferent to my thievery. Maybe they care more about the town itself, And not the people who live in it, I'd be blind to not notice that something is special about this area. People from far around are attracted to this area, Not knowing truely why they ended up here.

*Clang* *Clang*

Blacksmith's still up and about it seems, May as well see what the pickings are.
-------
Upon walking in, I see Axes, Daggers, Shields and Swords lining the walls.
The warmth from the furnace is nice, But not my personal taste, The cold of night has always made me feel more alert, And yet it comforts me.

I walk up to the blacksmith, An average height strong looking lady, And ask

"Do you have anything suitable for picking a lock, Or any less violent hobbies?"

"Sure, I have all sorts of other works."

She says

"When you a Blacksmith you can't exactly hang spoons on the wall, Most of my clients never ask for anything not on those walls."

"Yeah, While i can hold my own in a fight, It isn't my first choice in dealing with a problem."

"Let me take you to the back room, Grab anything you like, And I'll give you a price." She says
-------
After a look around, I managed to make off with a full Lock Pick set, A couple of random trinkets i liked the look of. All for the cost of 6 silver coins, I asked her why the price was so low, And she said she had a greater amount of them then people who buy them.
-------

I should probably get some rest, The town gets pretty dead at night, No one to catch a bit of coin off of here at this time.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2015, 07:32:56 PM »

Day 248
     Dear Journal

I've not gotten a lick of sleep since last night. Today's events were more than enough to put me off. I won't go into full detail, mainly for the reason that I'm not quite sure what had happened.

It was roughly an hour till midnight. I was working on a spell. The premise of it was to create a sound where there actually isn't. It was supposed to be the voice of a woman singing softly upon the night... Instead... It was a woman's scream. Enough to make me jump, that was. In fact, enough to make a few other patrons jump. The lug from a few doors down left his room and knocked on all of the customers' doors. I think he knew someone was getting into something.

I was going to head downstairs to keep from too much trouble brewing, although... in all honesty... I wasn't totally convinced that the sound was my doing. My spells may not always work, but they never have an adverse effect. I peered out the window to see if anything was going on.

I saw the lights from the blacksmith five buildings down go out. I also noticed a figure in full black make a rather dexterous escape from the establishment. The body type looked a lot like the man from downstairs a couple nights ago. I don't feel comfortable about him. Perhaps the trick was his. He knows illusionary spells, as was evident in his campaign across the bar for coinpurses the other night... Wait a moment... My missing coinpurses! Now he's gone too far...

I was going to do something fun today, but I've been thinking about that strange occurence and that filthy thief. If I can manage a glance into his eyes, I can manage to follow his path. Illusion magic is truly the best.

/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2015, 08:13:12 PM »

ℵ~Alruane~ℵ

The smoke wafted from Al's pipe, the smoke resembled a sort of violet and cyan mist, something mystical. He enjoyed smoking his herbs, they calm his mind and allow him to think more clearly than usual. The smoke circled around his head and gave Al a mythical appearance. He preferred to remain down to earth and not over-exaggerate his abilities. He continued to read his book, he did notice the vacancy of the Tavern.

It was about that time, time to head to his lodgings. It was outside of the town, he preferred to stay within the vicinity of the town. However, he did not want to truly live WITHIN the town. He was not keen on paying taxes, not one to want for gold. He just preferred not to pay a local landlord, or baron, a share of his hard earned currency.

Tomorrow he would make way his way to Ralssenadlus, the Elven City. He once had the privilege of dating a fine elven beauty of some nobility. She allowed him entrance to the city, to which she could not take back the invitation. So, on certain days of the year, Al likes to take a sovereign journey to the great capital city of the elves. To tell tales and talk with old friends of past times, and trade goods.

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners 3 years on site+600 posts I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2015, 08:23:44 AM »
Story of Two Face
The Witch of Celtington contract - Part 4

No patron answered his call to help, Two face sulked before running off into the night. Upon arrival of the scene in the town centre, he found the burning carcass of a wooden lodge. Its thatched roof had spontaneous caught a blaze and clapsed upon its residents. After relentlessly peddling water from the stone well to dowse the blaze and by the time dawn began to break it was evident that the flames had showed no mercy to the inhabitants. Short after rumour began to spread among the town folk that two young children were absent from charred remnants of the wood lodge.

Two face slowly trailed back towards the tavern his disfigured face black with soot. He traipsed in to the tavern and collapsed on to a strong oak chair, it creaking under the weight.

"A pitcher of Ale, Keep" demanded two face.

The keep placed it down on the table and Two face began to violently gulp down the pitcher, only to be disturbed by the cawing of a messenger raven that flew through the open window landing on the table facing Two face.
Attached to its foot was a small scroll, Two face delicately removed the scroll before sending the bird on its way with a small helping of feed from his satchel in its mouth.

After taking a moment to memorise the scroll, Two face began to collect his attire and headed urgently towards the door.

"Leaving so soon stranger?" questioned the keep.

Two face opened the door and turned back towards the keep.

"Yes Keep, but you haven't seen the last of this pretty face" said Two face cracking a smiling to reveal two jagged rows of teeth.

Two face left slamming the tavern door behind him,at the same time the strong oak chair buckled startling the keep. Two face headed off towards the edge of town into the sunrise.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:37:16 PM by Tom »

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2015, 08:43:44 AM »
There are some people who i won't steal from, Not due to guilt, Nor due to their position in life.
Due to the respect i have for them. If you are a good person, You probably deserve everything you have.
The tall man, Who's name i now know to be Alruane, Is one such person. No doubt he could tell i had stuff to hide, But he was kind to me regardless.
As is the Blacksmith, She's just trying to make a li- *Screeeeeeeaaaaam*... There's that sound again, Interrupting my thoughts. The lanterns went out, What could cause that? I had better check it out. I made sure i had paid the lady and ran outside.

The sound came from the left, Towards the edge of the town, I ran over as i heard the sound again.

It's the spirits at the edge, They are warning something to stay away.
-------
As i walk up, I see the problem, The spirits are circling a large dragon... She has children, I have to calm her down, And get her away before the brutes of the Tavern get here.

I pull down my hood and show her my face as i speak in the Dragon's tongue.
"Please calm yourself, This town is not safe for you or your kin"

She was about to say something, Then her expression changed... I've been followed.
I pull my hood back up over my head and turn around, Bow in hand, Arrow at full draw...
It's the gnome i stole from at the tavern..

"Stay away! You will not harm this dragon, Or her kin."

I say, Then i remember Gnomes love their hats almost more than life.

"Come any closer, First an arrow goes into your hat, Come closer then that it goes into you."

He took a step back before saying
"You are a total jerk, You know that? Steal-Ing peoples-s coin, You're just a s-self-fish jerk..."

... He's Drunk, Isn't he?

"If you care about coin so much, Take it!"
I say as i throw a coin purse at him, Hoping that he'll go.. away... Smoke, Off in the distance.. It must have been one of the young dragons, They can't control it, That's why the spirits are so mad at them..

"Go, Now. Fly like the wind! They will be coming for you."
I say to the dragons as i run towards the smoke, Ignoring the idiotic gnome.

(I made some slight changes to fix something that _Underscore_ would have found hard to work with, He also informed me that the journal entries are from the next evening, So he doesn't suspect me to have stolen his coinpurse. But i do imagine his character to go all vigilante when he's drunk, Even if he forgets most of what happened at this night.)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 04:56:51 PM by Doctor Eye M: Total Jerk PHD »

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2015, 08:45:38 AM »
Ok, So there was a bit of a continuity problem, I didn't see Tom's other post, So i had to include it in a different way. Tom actually posted about the fire while i was writing about Dragons, So i think it worked out well.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2015, 12:34:59 PM »
*UPDATE* New location added: Grans Port. Settings page updated.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2015, 06:41:59 PM »

Day 249
     Dear Journal

That beast of a man or... troll... or whatever had left town. I think I may leave soon, just as well. Towards Grans Port, most likely. Port towns are good targets for thieves. I think I'll find the thief there. Plus, I may find a proper drum. I've got a new, ominous piece to write that goes PERFECT with a tale I'm writing.

My head still hurts from yesterday. Did I drink too much? Did I hit my head? Ah, who knows. At least I'm not still stuck in the forest.

Chriil was going crazy, today. I found a new treat for him. He likes rib of swine soaked in spiced wine. Ooh... That rhymes. Perhaps I could write a song using that.

~The rib of swine~
          ~So savoury~
      ~Fine spiced wine~
     ~Soaked Gracefully~
        ~Flavour divine~
          ~So Savoury~
         ~Beautiful dish~
     ~Served just for me~

Not bad... But it could use some work. In any case. I think I'll head out in the morning. I'm not sure how long it'll take to get to Grans Port. I've heard that the road has to frequently change due to highwaymen and furious Treants blocking the paths.

Day 250
     Dear Journal

I'm on my way to Grans Port, now. I took off in the morning. I went to rent a horse, but it was too big. Instead, I bought a small produce cart and a Herbie. Herbie is a domesticated boar. Chriil has taken quite a liking to him, but I think I'll sell him to a butcher when I get to Grans Port. He's hauling me down the trails rather quickly. I am taking most of my things with me. The rest I left with Rochlin back in town.

Rochlin is a good, old friend. A gnome like myself. He said he'd hold onto whatever I couldn't carry, and that I could send courier for it whenever. Let's see... It'd probably be helpful to jot down a list of what I'm bringing and what I left.

Brought
 -Lute
 -Flute
 -Three sets of travelling clothes
 -Two sets of fine clothes
 -Trunk full of hats
 -Stick sword
 -Five bags of salted beef
 -Five skins of black ale
 -Almost thirty gold pieces
 -A roll of writing parchment
 -Two full inkwells
 -Writing quill
 -Lyre
 -Horse-hair blanket
 -Quail down head cushion

I'm pretty sure that's all. I may have forgotten something. It's alright, though. If I brought it, I brought it.

Day 251
     Dear Journal

Well, I've been on the road all of yesterday and today. I passed an alchemist who had come from Grans Port. He said it's probably another six hours using my method of transportation. I suppose I'll get there by morning.

I had a run-in with some highwaymen. They weren't very friendly, go figure. I told them I had a hidden entourage of Elven archers hiding in the trees. They didn't believe me at first, but then I had casted Hallucination and Fear on them. I suppose they saw arrows flying at them. In any case, they were no problem.

Can you believe I also saw a treant!? He didn't seem too angry. In fact, he looked like he was in pain an cried out for help. Ugh, I couldn't be bothered to investigate. I was curious, believe you me. I just don't know if I could fend myself from it in case it was a trap... I'm worried about it, though.

I wonder if he would have told me a... "sappy" story... How shameful.

I'm hungry. I may as well consume my last salted beef stick and black ale. I think I'll arrive in the nicer side of town to get a decent meal when I get there. I could probably get ahold of Grandfather Chiirikliithiolum. Not sure why everyone calls him Grandfather. That old codger always loved me. He'll let me stay for a fortnight in his manor.

Day 252
     Dear Journal

I've arrived in Grans Port. That was probably an hour after the roosters had crowed. I was stopped by the guards. They almost wouldn't have let me in. Fortunately, one of them recognized me. I don't know who it was, but they apparently like my stories.

When I got to Grandfather's manor, I was greeted by this beautiful Halfling woman. She was dressed in a day gown of sweet, pale-blue colour. She's Grandfather's tailor, from what I gathered. Upon entry, I was enveloped in a huge mass of nostalgia. Growing up in this place was too enjoyable. Fine meals were prepared every hour of the day. These meals fed all of Grandfather's gnome cubs running about. This was a sort of orphanage.

I talked with him for a few hours to catch up. He lent me a room to stay in while I'm here. Apparently he no longer uses it as an orphanage. Instead, as a sort of ballroom during the weeknights, and a high-class brothel on the weekends. Grandfather has always been crazy about his brothels. That's how he made his coin. Four of them in the unfortunate half of town belong to him. I wonder how much he subscribes to his business... He's about a quarter millenia in age now. That's quite a number.

My chat with Grandfather was enjoyable, but I was getting hungry, and the manor no longer caters like it once did. So I had made a short walk to a delicatessen down the road from his manor. They had plenty of meats and breads to indulge myself in. I've not felt so luxurious in months, at least.

Oh, that reminds me. I decided to keep Herbie. I left him with a livery just inside the city walls. Chriil seemed happy about my decision. I suppose it's only fair. Herbie did me quite a service, and Chriil needs a friend when I'm not carrying him along.

I spent the rest of today thinking about what I can do while I'm here, other than catch the thief. I'll pick up some more tales, surely. Other than that, though... I'm not sure. Oh well...

I think that's enough for today. I'll possibly start on my venture for the thief tomorrow, if not the next day. Before I go to sleep, though, I'm going to go grab a meal from downstairs. There's a ball going on, and they have honey-roasted leg of lamb on the catering tables.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:04:47 PM by _Underscore_ »
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2015, 03:52:37 PM »
Question, Could general locations of certain settings be specified in the OP? It was said by Jack in one of his posts that Celtington is in the northeast, Even something like that would be helpful, Maybe even what places are near each other, So to give the forest more of a sense of scale.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2015, 04:50:21 PM »
Yeah, I'll start working on it. So that way everyone has a sense of direction. Another given for now, Grans Port is on the East Coast. It lies near Celtington.

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2015, 10:45:04 PM »
Forum Name: Trub, let's just stick with Trub.

Character Name: Milodus Sparkmaster

Sex: Male

Race: Gnome

Class: Bard/Entertainer/Tinkerer

Short Biography: Milodus spent his gnome childhood and adolescence growing up in a mountain range tucked away from the rest of the world. He grew up in royalty, being the prince of a great underground city. He spent a majority of his time locking himself in his study. He had a much larger facination for engineering and tinckering than most gnomes. After becoming infatuated with music, he left his home city for its lack of music lovers. He travels now to spread what he has taught himself with his trusty instrument. He one day hopes to settle down and open up his own musical theatre for the masses to enjoy.

Personality Traits: Milodus is a very outgoing person. Although he tends to stick to settlements, Milodus travels around making money through his musical performance.

Powers: Illusion Spells, mostly charms for convincing people that Milodus is a much better gnome than he truly is.

Weapons: An ebony dagger stolen from Milodus' father. It is a family heirloom that was forged centuries ago. It is believed to have a magical force that gives it a bigger oomph when needed.
Milodus' clockwork balalaika. Bought from a street vendor, Milodus spent his entire life playing this instrument, turning it into his own machine of beguile. It is capable of much greater noise than any ordinary acoustic instrument.

Portrait:

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2015, 11:04:32 PM »

Short Biography: Milodus spent his gnome childhood and adolescence growing up in a mountain range tucked away from the rest of the world. He grew up in royalty, being the prince of a great underground city. He spent a majority of his time locking himself in his study. He had a much larger facination for engineering and tinckering than most gnomes. After becoming infatuated with music, he left his home city for its lack of music lovers. He travels now to spread what he has taught himself with his trusty instrument. He one day hopes to settle down and open up his own musical theatre for the masses to enjoy.

Personality Traits: Milodus is a very outgoing person. Although he tends to stick to settlements, Milodus travels around making money through his musical performance.

Powers: Illusion Spells, mostly charms for convincing people that Milodus is a much better gnome than he truly is.

Weapons: An ebony dagger stolen from Milodus' father. It is a family heirloom that was forged centuries ago. It is believed to have a magical force that gives it a bigger oomph when needed.
Milodus' clockwork balalaika. Bought from a street vendor, Milodus spent his entire life playing this instrument, turning it into his own machine of beguile. It is capable of much greater noise than any ordinary acoustic instrument.

Portrait:

Welcome aboard, Wayne! :D I see we have another Gnome in our midst. ;)

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2015, 11:11:29 PM »
Welcome aboard, Wayne! :D I see we have another Gnome in our midst. ;)
That's not all.

Short Biography: Milodus spent his gnome childhood and adolescence growing up in a mountain range tucked away from the rest of the world. He grew up in royalty, being the prince of a great underground city. He spent a majority of his time locking himself in his study. He had a much larger facination for engineering and tinckering than most gnomes. After becoming infatuated with music, he left his home city for its lack of music lovers. He travels now to spread what he has taught himself with his trusty instrument. He one day hopes to settle down and open up his own musical theatre (An entertainment extablishment) for the masses to enjoy.

Portrait:

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2015, 07:56:14 AM »
I may not be posting this week, As on Friday, I'll be away for the weekend, And i can't think of what to write about at the moment. I'm kinda waiting for people to define their sides since my post, And the locations to be mapped out a bit. PWR has posted, But there hasn't been anything else since the fire.

My character also does not know about Grans port, So he can't go there until he visits the local cartographer, Or someone tells him.