Author Topic:  Continental indie sandbox game (inDev)  (Read 1923 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Re: Continental indie sandbox game (inDev)
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2015, 10:32:38 PM »
I assume you are doing a daily backup now...

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2015, 10:34:38 PM »
I assume you are doing a daily backup now...
Yea, its like you live and learn glad it happen now and not latter or  there would be some loss of motivation but I hope to back on track very soon.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2015, 01:37:27 AM »
Brrrrrrr, its like Canada here so cold and nice, with the ice and frozen land with the nice pine trees o wait with the default trees for now.

Anyways he guys i have got the game back to a point were its usable and with the tip form Craig to make backups we should be ok to move along. After spending hours fixing the files i got back to adding back what i was working on biomes so i thought lets do it. This is in very early stages and a lot off work will be done to improve it. There is one bug ive ran into that's nasty, when you near or enter a new chunk you loes about 480 out of the 500-600 ill fix find the problem and fix it tomorrow.

Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2015, 07:06:21 AM »
If i may add my own personal opinion, I think in these type of games (2D Open Sandbox) The blocks should be smaller, I think the metre2 look works better from a first person perspective.

Obviously if this would require any major refactoring, Or you just don't like the idea, You don't need to do it.

Everything else looks nice for being early early early Pre Pre Pre Alpha.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2015, 10:17:05 AM »
If i may add my own personal opinion, I think in these type of games (2D Open Sandbox) The blocks should be smaller, I think the metre2 look works better from a first person perspective.

Obviously if this would require any major refactoring, Or you just don't like the idea, You don't need to do it.

Everything else looks nice for being early early early Pre Pre Pre Alpha.
I here ya ill see what I can do in terms of that. 

I have a few options zoom the camera out or change the size of the blocks from 32x32 to 16x16 pixels .

This isnt my main focus due to the fact that things like spawning trees/ores have to be altered alot. I'll see what I can do.

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2015, 04:22:59 PM »
Will there be any character customization? If so, nationality/race selection?

I think you know what i'm inferring here, AMERICA

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2015, 04:50:40 PM »
I here ya ill see what I can do in terms of that. 

I have a few options zoom the camera out or change the size of the blocks from 32x32 to 16x16 pixels .

This isnt my main focus due to the fact that things like spawning trees/ores have to be altered alot. I'll see what I can do.

I personally think Terraria is really pretty, Maybe base the sizes off of that if you change it.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Niften

• Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Crevis
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2017, 11:22:24 PM »
Is this still a thing?
ya mad or ya bad?