Poll

Are you exited for this texture pack!(This is if its added to the game :D)

Yes,explain
5 (62.5%)
no,explain
1 (12.5%)
You will have to see more progress before you state your opinion.
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic:  ====MD Texture Pack [Name Unknown]---By Mr Zincy====  (Read 2106 times)

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
====MD Texture Pack [Name Unknown]---By Mr Zincy====
« on: July 05, 2015, 02:28:18 AM »
====MD Texture Pack====
Feedback Wanted
===============Info===============
This is a texture pack that i started on 7-1-15. It is a MD texture pack meaning the blocks will be 32x32 and items 16x16 but it is being well done and has great possibilities to come and hope ill be able to play Total Miner with it soon. Next there is no real theme or name i am just doing what feels right. Next the name, when this texture pack is near done i will need to have a name but i want you the players to come up with it.I have been working on this daily for an hour or two getting 5-10 textures done.Feedback is always wanted just be polite to me and others while giving your feesback, thanks.

Extra Info

Name-Unknown at the moment.
Restitution-MD, 32x32 blocks 16x16 items.
Theme-None at the moment just doing what feels right.
Program Used-Paint.net(www.getpaint.net)

====Pictures of Progress (last updated 9-4-15 7:19pm)====
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
This is part of the old template many of these texture will be redone.
Last Updated 7-7-15

These are apart of the new template and these textures are here to stay unless i change them.
Last Updated 9-4-15

============Helpful People============
These are the people who have helped me the most on making decisions and coming up with ideas for this texture pack.

These are the people
-The Gold Knight
-
-
-
-
-
-
/ag More can be added /ag
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:02:22 AM by Mr Zincy 🍍 »

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded to exemplary forum members Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
Re: ===========16x16 [Name Unkown] Texture Pack---By Mr Zincy===========
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 03:01:36 AM »
Looks great so far, but I suggest you change the title to only have a a couple of =... I also suggest using Minecraft to test your TP

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ====16x16 [Name Unkown] Texture Pack---By Mr Zincy====
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 03:53:09 AM »
2 TP?
http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=11818.0
nahh in this post I state that I lost the creative flow because it was themed but this is all just doing it and enjoying it. Making it feel like not a task but a activity

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 01:09:28 PM »
Feedback Wanted

op updated

i probably will work on this some more today so keep an eye out.

-Added newest picture or the tp with the new textures ive done

-Wood Door Icon
-Steel Door Icon
-Sledge Hammer
-Sign Icon
-Lock
-Wooden Bow

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 02:18:29 PM by Mr Zincy the Pineapple »

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 03:57:58 PM »
Personally, I'm upset with the lack of variety tool/weapon wise. Using the same texture, and just re-coloring it is really disappointing in my eyes.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 04:04:37 PM »
Personally, I'm upset with the lack of variety tool/weapon wise. Using the same texture, and just re-coloring it is really disappointing in my eyes.
hm see that's what I'm aming for because I like and some others like tools/wepons that are all the same although variety can be good I don't think that's what I'm going for. Last sorry that the items are this way but the blocks will be unique.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 04:09:16 PM »
hm see that's what I'm aming for because I like and some others like tools/wepons that are all the same although variety can be good I don't think that's what I'm going for. Last sorry that the items are this way but the blocks will be unique.
To me, retexturing tools/weapons doesn't show someone aiming for a style. To me, it shows a lack of effort to try and make each and every item unique. If everything looks the same, then it doesn't properly show the tiers of items. Like, it doesn't make sense for a wooden pickaxe to look just like a crazy powerful titanium pickaxe. However, if the wooden pickaxe looked as though it was hastily thrown together from sticks and string, and a titanium pickaxe appears to be made out of high grade materials, with only the finest of grips and fasteners and things, that makes sense.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 04:24:15 PM »
To me, retexturing tools/weapons doesn't show someone aiming for a style. To me, it shows a lack of effort to try and make each and every item unique. If everything looks the same, then it doesn't properly show the tiers of items. Like, it doesn't make sense for a wooden pickaxe to look just like a crazy powerful titanium pickaxe. However, if the wooden pickaxe looked as though it was hastily thrown together from sticks and string, and a titanium pickaxe appears to be made out of high grade materials, with only the finest of grips and fasteners and things, that makes sense.
yes that can be true but like I said I'm aming for a tp that has tools and items that are alike . I do spend alot of time coming up with the textures but things like tools that can follow a template not to save time but to make things alike . but for other things that don't use a template that I can recolor to keep things alike i spend ample time making it, and sometimes I go back and redo it.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 04:47:52 PM »
Perhaps an example of why using the same template is a bad idea is in order. Let's take an image, and copy it five times. All we're going to do is change the colors of it. The images are given out as rewards for completing tasks. When you complete harder tasks, you want an epic image, but instead, you get one that looks the same as the one you got for completing the tutorial, only this time, it's orange. Not much fun to be had there, and eventually, you're just going to get bored of staring at it. What's the fun if there is no diversity? Where is the ability to say "Look at this awesome sword I have! Bet you wish yours looked as cool!" and not receive "I have that, but mine's yellow!" in response? If you want a texture pack that people will use, you need to make it look unique. Make it so people want to see everything you have to offer, and not just look at it once, and never use it again because it's lacking.

Here's an example of some diversity, even if it's just basic.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Here we have a wood pickaxe, and an iron pickaxe. The wood one looks hastily thrown together, and fastened together with a rope. THe iron one looks stronger, and more durable, but still not much better, as the stick is bent.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 12:43:09 AM »
Feedback Wanted

op updated

i probably will work on this some more today so keep an eye out.

-Added newest picture or the tp with the new textures ive done

-Flint Arrow
-Feather
-Flint Flake
-Raw Pork chop
-Cooked Pork Chop
-Raw Chicken
-Cooked Chicken

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 03:38:46 AM »
I also dislike the fact that all the tools are exactly the same.

However, I feel like they could be changed in slighter ways than the example that "The Golden Knight" proposed, and still be diverse enough.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 03:40:05 AM »
I also dislike the fact that all the tools are exactly the same.

However, I feel like they could be changed in slighter ways than the example that "The Golden Knight" proposed, and still be diverse enough.
yes I have taken this into account and will go back soon and redo them

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 04:00:14 AM »
Added poll, please state you opinion(s).

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 01:32:15 PM »
im finding it hard to make it more diverse gks example was great but i think i need more on how to cause i gusse i was doing something wrong?