Author Topic:  Dig Deep Aficionados!-Discussion & Guides  (Read 13873 times)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dig Deep Aficionados!-Discussion & Guides
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2015, 12:51:49 AM »
Dig Deep Beginner Quick Tip #1:

Affording things is hard, at first. A good way to help afford things is by mining the easiest mineral as soon as you get in-game: Basalt! Basalt makes Furnaces, furnaces do add up. And they stack very nicely. So, mine that EASY basalt and make quick PURE cash, no need to buy it! Plus, with skills on, you can earn some serious experience mining a lot of this stuff. Happy Mining!

BIGHEADEDBOB

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: NOSSBOSS
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2015, 07:40:59 AM »
A quick way to make some fast cash for any purpose, is to hack as much grass up for seeds and also grass which sells for a good price.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 08:26:03 PM »
Found this nice piece of information while randomly scoping out forums topics:

Remember the coords in survival are the reverse of Dig Deep.

xx, 0, zz is the bottom of the map.
xx, 512, zz is the top of the map.

Titanium is found at depths 60-90%.

So on a new DD map, thats between depth 1845 and 2768 (where 2768 is nearer the bottom).
On survival maps (and creative) thats between 50 - 205 (where 50 is near the bottom).

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2015, 06:19:15 AM »
Nice guide jack of Shades also nice top pic on op it's funny that was my first tmwj thumnail I used but that's when I took pics off the Internet and used them

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2015, 10:44:41 PM »
Nice guide jack of Shades also nice top pic on op it's funny that was my first tmwj thumnail I used but that's when I took pics off the Internet and used them

It's not just me, lot's of folks (including Craig) have put some wonderful and helpful information in the topic. :)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2015, 02:13:13 PM »
Advanced Tip for tip for prospective Dig Deep Miners:

The more processing involved in base materials to the next item, the more profit. For example, making a Titanium Pickax:

Before I begin, you can find most of these items yourself later in-game. Or you can buy them, either way-you make profit. It's just based on HOW MUCH profit you wish to make. You will be smelting these ores, it adds to the profit income.

• Diamond Blocks= 3 blocks
  • Coal (it only matters how much of this you use, with how many Diamonds Blocks are being turned into Diamonds themselves.)
    You can also use cut wood, to save on money. Possibly turning them into planks if need be.
  • Wood= Wood planks= Sticks (x2) (If you need to save on gold, chopping wood is free. Otherwise, buy it.)
  • A Furnace. (Or more, depending on the amount you wish to use)

You then have the materials needed to make a Diamond Pickax.

You end up with a Diamond Pickax, and if you sold this now you'd make some nice profit. Mind you, this is an example and a guide on how processing makes more profit than people realize. The more steps you have, the more profit you generally make. Now, we move on to Titanium and the next portion of the guide.

With Diamond Pickax in hand, you save this item and begin with this process:

• Titanium Ore= 2
  • Carbon Block= 2
  • More fuel, also depending on how much you need, as well as your accumulated income thus far, fuel preferences, etc.
  • A furnace is needed in both instances.

After you have smelted the Titanium into bars, you can then combine the bars on a workbench with the Diamond Pickax to produce the Titanium Pickax. Try to sell one after you have accumulated the materials, you will notice a LARGE profit margin. This does take time, and money, mind you this is a rather advanced example. As it requires blocks of a most valuable nature, possibly a blueprint you won't find for some time either. This example is to help miners understand that if you want big bucks USE the processing guide to figure your income. The more you have to change the item, the more profit you will yield in the end game. I hope this sheds some more light on how to maximize your income on the game. As well as helping Veterans who may not have known.

-Jack

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2015, 06:12:26 PM »
OP updated with more guides. Hopefully more coming soon.

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Legendary Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2015, 02:29:01 PM »
Building underwater junk? Use an Amulet of Starlight! Those things are amazing! Of course... So is a Water Talisman, but would you rather work in the dark than on peaceful in the light?

You may say it's a waste of time but when the guy who tried to invent video games told us we said no one needs it and he almost did not invent it.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2015, 08:32:02 PM »
Building underwater junk? Use an Amulet of Starlight! Those things are amazing! Of course... So is a Water Talisman, but would you rather work in the dark than on peaceful in the light?
I used this method to fill in the bottom portion of my Phoenix Tower when it was submerged in water. BEST tool to use in dark, deeper areas. :D

Exavolt

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2015, 10:38:53 AM »

I once built this hotel. I wish I had an Amulet of Starlight whilst doing it.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Thanks for all the tips everyone, I've only just got back into Total Miner and looking to start up another Dig Deep map.

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Legendary Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2015, 10:56:31 AM »
Flight Amulets are overated! Spider Rings can suffice 8)

You may say it's a waste of time but when the guy who tried to invent video games told us we said no one needs it and he almost did not invent it.

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2015, 11:53:24 AM »

With the advent of losing water and lava blocks, it would be almost impossible to recreate that functionally on Dig Deep.

I had made a miniature "Atlantis-self-guided-tour-through-the-glass-tube" build on my dig deep map a while ago, but it seemed impossible to see through the glass into the water, and the builds in the water.

In the spoiler below, I was attempting to combine these two images into one self-guided walkway tour, to look at the ruins from the comfort of not having to swim:
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

So I ended up placing water blocks around the platform as a water tunnel, which kept the miscible water from flooding into the walkway, but allowed guests to freely swim through the water and back onto the platform unhindered.

But now that water and lava blocks are gone, I essentially cannot mess with it for fear of flooding. Using invisible blocks is the only way to keep the water/lava at bay, which defeats the purpose of trying to go back and forth at one's will.
Im glad I made it when I had the chance.
You make me smile!

Exavolt

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2015, 12:55:20 PM »
snip

I made the hotel in creative with the intention of recreating it on my dig deep map. (i should have made that clear).
That being said I might have another crack at building it on Dig Deep, or possibly Survival, since the maps are bigger.

The only way you could see the builds through the water would be to spam sunblocks everywhere, but I don't think they're that effective, and it might look odd.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2015, 08:38:13 PM »
Dauntless Quote.

Even still, that is a GREAT attempt on a Dig Deep map. Still, much respect for even attempting that.

Flight Amulets are overated! Spider Rings can suffice 8)

Unfortunately Trub, sometimes that ring does not suffice with the builds I do. It would take me twice as long to get some of it done if I had to continue climbing up walls and re-finding my place. Plus, I finally have a nice stash of cash on here, and my own method of making money (processing). So those Amulets are not hard to waste cash on at times. :D

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2015, 05:43:36 AM »
This one is an easy tip, it's about the IRON BLOCK. Essentially, even surface areas of ANY map (Dig Deep, Creative or Survival) generally have a few blocks. Sometimes, you get lucky and find VEINS of Iron Ore. Try your best to use the daylight wisely (unless you are on peaceful and have a bed, then just sleep outside somewhere). Run around the surface area spotting those "easy" Iron Ore veins, they are more common than you may think. Iron is a gate way ore to better tools/weapons, and all around better blocks that can be mined. This will give you a NOTICEABLE head start at the beginning of your game. Remember: use the right tool for the right job. AND! Always use the better tool. It's cheaper to make the tool than to buy it anyway. Can't beat chopping trees, smelting ore, and all around doing it yourself. Not to mention, skills come into play and you will rack up experience like NO OTHER! Happy Mining!
-Jack /sage