Author Topic:  Dig Deep Aficionados!-Discussion & Guides  (Read 16418 times)

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dig Deep Aficionados!-Discussion & Guides
« Reply #195 on: October 31, 2016, 03:24:33 PM »
Something I saw trub do was use an openblock command for his shops and then put it in his custom menu. That way he could access his shops from anywhere. He also used a tp home script which is very useful when mining.

These are all Trub's ideas.
Psssttt.. He smells! Don't tell him though!
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: October 31, 2016, 03:26:06 PM »
Something I saw trub do was use an openblock command for his shops and then put it in his custom menu. That way he could access his shops from anywhere. He also used a tp home script which is very useful when mining.

These are all Trub's ideas.
Psssttt.. He smells! Don't tell him though!

Never would have thought to do any of that. But then again, I don't like using scripts.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: October 31, 2016, 03:37:02 PM »
Never would have thought to do any of that.

Neither would I, his A1 Steak Sauce map is where I saw it. It's a smart trick :D .

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: October 31, 2016, 10:21:47 PM »
I personally do NOT like scripts. But feel free to post some here, even though I don't enjoy them I know others do and would like to see more. I'll see about fixing the OP and making more room for tips and guides. Currently I cannot do much to edit both posts on the OP.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: December 06, 2016, 06:23:32 AM »
I think this topic deserves being pinned to the top of the Dig Deep section of the forums. It's filled with plenty of very helpful information, and when I last wanted to post, I had to look down a bit before I found the topic.
Anyone else want it pinned? So far, it's staying up at the top for anyone to see. But just in case. Let us know.
- /sage

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: December 06, 2016, 12:46:04 PM »
I think this topic deserves being pinned to the top of the Dig Deep section of the forums. It's filled with plenty of very helpful information, and when I last wanted to post, I had to look down a bit before I found the topic.
Anyone else want it pinned? So far, it's staying up at the top for anyone to see. But just in case. Let us know.
- /sage

I've liked your post but if that isn't cler enough then.. I would like to see it pinned! It'd be great to see an awesome guide such as this as soon as I click on the board.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2016, 06:57:46 AM »
Thank you! And thank you to the one who pinned this. I really hope everyone benefits from this guide that everyone has contributed to.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2016, 10:34:26 PM »
If you want Trub, maybe put the scripts on this topic for others to use? Or keep them to yourself like a selfish Canadian Skooma fiend.

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2016, 10:40:32 PM »
1: Set up your custom menu.
2: Set up the essential menu items. (Block Shop, Item Shop, Crafting Bench, Backpack, Home Teleport)
3: What are these menu item scripts? All but the Tele Home are Open Block Scripts. Just place the Chest, Shops, and Crafting Bench where randoms can't reach them, (underground in a no edit zone) and there you go. Just open their coordinates.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2016, 01:52:15 PM »
Highly debating on working on Nexraptus again, I plan on finding ways to incorporate scripts and making gold to actually produce a "Production Factory" feeling to the map. As some know, part of Nexraptus will have an industrial area. I planned on trying to create something that will make this work and posting it here for other Dig Deeper's to use. Maybe even improve? If anyone else has any scripts or ideas similar to this for DD, feel free to post them. I want to get better at scripting myself, so my first course of action is learning with DD scripts on my favorite map.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #205 on: December 16, 2016, 02:57:52 PM »
2: Set up the essential menu items. (Block Shop, Item Shop, Crafting Bench, Backpack, Home Teleport)
3: What are these menu item scripts? All but the Tele Home are Open Block Scripts. Just place the Chest, Shops, and Crafting Bench where randoms can't reach them, (underground in a no edit zone) and there you go. Just open their coordinates.

Why do they need to be in some random arbitrary location instead of just being in your house?

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #206 on: December 16, 2016, 03:11:30 PM »

Why do they need to be in some random arbitrary location instead of just being in your house?
He didn't specify random, it was an example. Just have it somewhere so that random players are not able to get to them.
-Alionz

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2016, 03:13:16 PM »

Probably assuming other players on the map have permissions, so they may break into your house. Assuming skills are not on. If they're on, might have a slightly better chance.

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2016, 06:00:17 PM »
Yeah. It was just an example, and what I do on my current map. I let the players have full access to everywhere that isn't my teleporter room at the moment, so putting them underground in a no edit zone just underneath their spawn area ensures they spawn in the blocks right away, and can't economize the shops.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #209 on: December 19, 2016, 08:03:24 PM »

Probably assuming other players on the map have permissions, so they may break into your house. Assuming skills are not on. If they're on, might have a slightly better chance.

But zones... I know for a fact zones work on DD because I have exploited them for evil multiple times.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym