Author Topic: [Unanswered] Multiplayer Player Slots  (Read 474 times)

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
[Unanswered] Multiplayer Player Slots
« on: April 03, 2018, 04:48:44 PM »
Xbox 360 player slots were at 24, as we are on pc now, what will they be now?

JAZZ 0R KILLER

• YT - Solo Crew
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: JAZZ 0R KILLER
Re: Multiplayer Player Slots
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 05:01:57 PM »
That's what I've been wondering. I hope they make it so that we can have more. I think it would also be nice to have actual servers, servers that stay up and running, even when the host isn't online
Look at you being all cool!

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 05:17:58 PM »
That's what I've been wondering. I hope they make it so that we can have more. I think it would also be nice to have actual servers, servers that stay up and running, even when the host isn't online
im hoping for 100+

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 01:59:26 PM »
Given that it is not out yet, we can't really say what it would be can we?

I'd assume it will be higher than xbox, as PC offers much more capabilities and has far less restrictions than the old console, but until we get an update from Craigy boy we can just take it with a grain of salt.
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 07:51:58 PM »

That will happen one way or another. But don't expect it from Craig as he probably has enough to do with developing the game and spending time with his family.

But yes. 24/7 servers will be possible.

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 07:53:26 PM »

That will happen one way or another. But don't expect it from Craig as he probably has enough to do with developing the game and spending time with his family.

But yes. 24/7 servers will be possible.
Will you host them with your website thing?

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 08:04:38 PM »
I can and plan to. But how and to what extent is yet to be seen. It's hard to guess when multiplayer isn't released yet.

Worst case scenario is a windows vps with a dedicated ip and a seperate steam account with a copy of the game.

The cost to the host (i.e the world host). Would be the cost of the game which would be around 6 one off cost which would be used as the world host and always online. And a monthly cost of around 5-10 for the vps. Depending on requirements.

The above is a worst and most expensive case scenario though.

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 08:12:56 PM »
I can and plan to. But how and to what extent is yet to be seen. It's hard to guess when multiplayer isn't released yet.

Worst case scenario is a windows vps with a dedicated ip and a seperate steam account with a copy of the game.

The cost to the host (i.e the world host). Would be the cost of the game which would be around 6 one off cost which would be used as the world host and always online. And a monthly cost of around 5-10 for the vps. Depending on requirements.

The above is a worst and most expensive case scenario though.
Granted if your system is well done and the option is avalable ill pay for your server

Fuertey

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 08:47:29 PM »
To take from a reply I made before on the subject of player slots. Due to the vast variations in PC hardware and network connections, I don't think their should be a hard limit but the host should be able to set one.

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 08:51:23 PM »
To take from a reply I made before on the subject of player slots. Due to the vast variations in PC hardware and network connections, I don't think their should be a hard limit but the host should be able to set one.
Ahh makes sense. Im just hoping for a vast amount of players.