Author Topic: [Other] TM PC Modding API  (Read 19044 times)

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
[Other] Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2018, 12:30:34 PM »
Is there anyway you or anyone who knows can make a video showing how to do the npc and item changing, just a quick overview to get to learn
There's two ways you could do it. If you read the modding API and go to items/npcs/whatever, you'll see how the start of each part of an xml includes some form of an ID tag. If you write in the id of something that already exists, you replace it, if you write in something new, it adds in a new thing. Simple.

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2018, 01:18:28 AM »
Is there anyway you or anyone who knows can make a video showing how to do the npc and item changing, just a quick overview to get to learn
There's two ways you could do it. If you read the modding API and go to items/npcs/whatever, you'll see how the start of each part of an xml includes some form of an ID tag. If you write in the id of something that already exists, you replace it, if you write in something new, it adds in a new thing. Simple.
I understand that, I can do that, but the NPC is what i really want to know, do i make a component in game then make the component the npc file or like how does that work.

EDIT: I understand now, turns out I was reading the documentation and didn't understand, we're good, I do have to make a component.