Author Topic:  Marking question section topics as answered  (Read 4902 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 5 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
Marking question section topics as answered
« on: January 21, 2018, 07:26:24 AM »
A change that I would love to see to the forums, is an option for moderators and other people of notable reputation (Or even the topic creator), to be able to mark a question topic as answered, so you can know to check the topic if you have that same question, as well as maybe highlight the post that has the correct answer, by making that post have a green outline.

This would not lock the topic, but it would just be a great way to organize that section a little better.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Marking question section topics as answered
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 07:56:44 AM »
Would love to see something like this, I know that me and so many other would benefit from it though I think we would all still read the threads anyway.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Jim

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Instagram @mrjamie99
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site 1 year on site I AM THE LAW!
    • View Profile
    • My photography Facebook page!
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 08:09:18 AM »
I can agree with having something like this, it would be very helpful.

Even something as simple as changing the symbols of the topic which can be shown as a white piece of paper or a little yellow question mark, changing them to a green checkmark or something along those lines.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
Global Moderator given on December 27th 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded to exemplary forum members Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 08:24:08 AM »
Brilliant idea, +1.

I had to break up with Medusa. I just got sick of buying mice for her hair.
I should have ended it sooner, but you try looking into those eyes.

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 03:44:09 PM »
Good idea!

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 5 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 03:55:09 PM »
Thanks guy's! I totally didn't rip it off of my work or anything ;)

Marked as best answer by bob on January 23, 2018, 12:55:59 AM

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 10:55:52 PM »
Done

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 11:41:31 PM »
Honestly, this is better than mine at work. It highlights the moderators, the correct answer, and the engineer's responses.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 11:50:16 PM »
I've left this open to all sections, not just Q&A. I figure it could come in handy in more scenarios than just the ones I've anticipated. The OP or any staff members can mark the answer.

To mark an answer, you just click this little guy that'll appear next to the quote button.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 11:59:32 PM »
Could there be a way to search by best answer? That would be useful because one can logically assume that the best answer would contain helpful information. So being able to search all posts marked as such would allow you to find loads of helpful information about subjects you may not have known about. I would gladly go through my previous topics and mark things as the best answer if this were the case.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 12:03:48 AM »
Now how about a green check mark icon in the post listings? That way unanswered questions will be more likely to be answered.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 12:10:52 AM »
Could there be a way to search by best answer? That would be useful because one can logically assume that the best answer would contain helpful information. So being able to search all posts marked as such would allow you to find loads of helpful information about subjects you may not have known about. I would gladly go through my previous topics and mark things as the best answer if this were the case.

There isn't a simple way to do that. This isn't hooked into the search. I could always add Answered/Unanswered prefixes for Q&A so that they're identifiable from the main forum pages as well as the search results.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 11:48:25 PM »
I've added the prefixes for Q&A, so answered/unanswered questions are easier to identify from the search bar.

Posts with a best answer are denoted by the little green doohickey you see here. Clicking that will take you directly to the answer.

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded to exemplary forum members Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 06:24:10 AM »
Looks great!

I had to break up with Medusa. I just got sick of buying mice for her hair.
I should have ended it sooner, but you try looking into those eyes.

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 01:32:29 PM »
I love it