Author Topic:  Welcome to 'Castlevania'  (Read 2584 times)

Rev Elevenclaw

• Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Rev Elevenclaw
Welcome to 'Castlevania'
« on: January 30, 2016, 10:27:09 PM »
It's a long story...
In summer of '13 I was introduced to this weird block game called Total Miner Forge. Being the long time gamer that I am and a fan of Legos, I was quickly entralled with this new style of game. After half a dozen or so maps, I had an idea. I want to build a midieval kingdom! And so I founded 'Castlevania'. A map Dig Deep map built in the spirit of all that makes monsters and hero's great. It has under gone many changes and has had it's share of trials. I have trusted people in the past and regretted it. So I learned how to zone. As time went on and the kingdom expanded, I grew wise in the ways of hosting. That's about the time I reset the economy to fuel the kingdom through the efforts of remote citizens. As well as my wife and I always toiling away in the background to ensure a truly unique and fufilling experience. Then 2.0 hit... Blueprint bugs locked out most of the top end gear, so I declared Castlevania broken. But by this time I had already invested over 350 hours into this map, so I held onto it, hoping one day for it to be restored. One day happened! Oh glorious day to once again take the throne and walk the streets filled with eager players. I have always provided assistance to new visitors to the realm and now have a ranking system for easier identification between players. And incentive to gain permissions and access to a better experience. But this world ain't for the timid. I have pet spiders for getting started, but they bite. I have lava ducts all over town for 'night light', but it can kill in a heartbeat if one falls in. Spikes are common. And I now have been scripting like a mad man. Mana, hunger, thirst, and sanity status effects, all custom built by me, are in effect. It has been a goal to determine what can and can't be scripted in DD. There are a lot of admin special features and items, for those who prove themselves. There is employment created with skilling in mind, and residences galore. And the shops are All economized and itemized, so one will need to shop around. All in all, this map is for people, like me, that love to dig deeper, and see what can be done.

So stop on by 'Castlevania', and remember the motto of the land is... Try not to die!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 10:20:20 PM by Rev Elevenclaw »
Focus determines reality...

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
Re: Welcome to 'Castlevania'
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 10:36:50 PM »
Little more info may help. Also pics?

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 04:35:37 AM »
I know, give me a day or so...

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 08:33:39 AM »
...OP updated... Sorry still kinda new at this.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 08:56:45 AM by Rev Elevenclaw »

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • I sometimes eat onions.
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
  • Steam: casual onion
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 08:49:34 AM »

Shouldn't this be in the op? What was wrong with the old Op?
| Thanks for reading my post. It was great, wasn't it? |

| I build Economy RPG Maps, here i my current one. Hazzah! |

| Feel Free to send me a message on here on the TM Discord (casual onion#3563) |

| Enjoy the next post! |

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 11:08:57 AM »
I really enjoyed the story you wrote. Well done, Rev. The narrative format you used worked to your favor.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 5 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 03:51:34 PM »
If you don't have Dracula's castle already built, I can paste down my version for you. Its made from 6 component pieces because its so large. I based it off a concept art, but changing the textures is easy.

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 01:55:14 AM »
If you don't have Dracula's castle already built, I can paste down my version for you. Its made from 6 component pieces because its so large. I based it off a concept art, but changing the textures is easy.
Well, awesome as that sounds, my map is loosely based around the atmosphere of Castlevania. Besides, in DD I can't use creative tools...

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 10:25:50 PM »
An insane asylum is currently being developed to add some content to insanity. Also, magic is more prominent. And shops have been moved so players have to talk to NPC's directly. Adding more secrets to be found too. Soon I will be focusing on adding more story content.

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 09:33:38 AM »
All shop are now script activated through NPC talk. I set up a 'store' room, and used menu and openblock scripts to access them. Makes it easy to handle having almost 20 containers/shops, instead of running around the map for doing inventory.

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 01:08:50 AM »
I want to apologize to those who play my map. I am currently unable to host until further notice.

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 11:51:24 AM »
i lagged offline while looking on his map so i couldnt get too many of his map,but ill try again  some other time
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 08:08:26 PM »
First, a special shout out to Nazty for the pic service. Thanks bro, they look great and I appreciate it!

Secondly, I am back online! Lots of new features being added. Hope to see your there.

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 04:11:25 AM »
I am currently adding a gambling system, more housing, and  a 'special' shop with a twist. I decided to add a UFO, to buy and sell the tech blocks. And have it make some sort of sense as to why they are in my map. There also are renovations to many existing areas, including Banshee town. Soon, my insanity scripts will be revised to be more aggressive, and the asylum (Topsy Turvy Towers) will be used for those who go insane. I also have plans to add more scripts regarding hunger and thirst recovery/benefits, depending on the item used.  And I will make a great effort to conceive of and implement more 'magic' into the world. I will update here as I go...

Edit... I also plan on implementing ' the main quest' and a scavenger hunt.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:39:19 PM by Rev Elevenclaw »

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 06:11:39 PM »
That was one hell of a speech. Maybe I'll stop by sometime, but you better give me map.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas