Author Topic:  Minecraft  (Read 46141 times)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #1020 on: February 06, 2017, 06:57:19 PM »
I haven't played Minecraft in well over a year but from what I can remember, they brought out some battle mode thingy which can have up to 8 players per battle.

However I remember it was awful as it was so damn laggy that it was basically unplayable. If you have played on a friends map with a maximum of 3 players, it lags extremely badly, mobs can hit you from like 10 blocks away and if you were to mine stuff, the drops wouldn't show up half the time.

So try taking 8 players and have them fight each other is so incredibly laggy.
On another note 1.12 is on its way and looks good for builders wool is more vibrant and there are 2 new block types which all use the color pallet that the wool does.

Also as said in a tweet from dinnerbone they only have 4 more block ID's left but they have been working on a solution.

First of all, Let me point out that MC is having the exact same issue that TM has ATM. I find it funny that TM was beating MC in terms of blocks there for a while.

I feel like MC could work around the problem by converging a lot of its blocks into one ID.

If they did what Craig did with detail blocks and made them texturable, They could consolidate all of the stairs into one block, And make some of the half blocks into the other ID.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Data_values/Block_IDs

Look at all of the space they could free up by doing this. All of the fences, All of the stairs, All of that could be fixed. Their block data structure could also probably allow for more than 16 textures because it seems like they can use strings for block states.

Creator of the term "Deathmine ©"
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1021 on: February 07, 2017, 02:07:46 AM »
Whilst it would save them block space, minecraft wouldn't be the same. I'm just waiting to see what Mojang think of..

On a side note, mc.hypixel.net is still running! With loads of mini games, it's actually really hard not to like the server.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Niften

• Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Crevis
    • Awards
« Reply #1022 on: March 20, 2017, 11:08:45 PM »
The ID problem is really weird, because modpacks go up to 4000. I play FTB Beyond and FTB Infinity and there's thousands of items and seemingly no issues.
ya mad or ya bad?

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #1023 on: March 28, 2017, 06:45:03 AM »
I have been hosting a Minecraft map for awhile now, and am formally inviting anyone who wants to come hang out in Minecraft to come along and play it. Could use more people on the world, and posting in the looking for group just got me alot of little kids who fought over nothing

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #1024 on: March 28, 2017, 08:31:49 AM »
I have a dedicated 24/7 MC server up and running which a few TM members use. It is whitelist only so you would need to ask myself, GK, Trub or Wabbit to whitelist you first.

At the moment it has 3 worlds (including the hub) but I am adding more such as Skyblock (hopefully today sometime) and mini games.

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1025 on: March 28, 2017, 02:53:06 PM »
I have a dedicated 24/7 MC server up and running which a few TM members use. It is whitelist only so you would need to ask myself, GK, Trub or Wabbit to whitelist you first.

At the moment it has 3 worlds (including the hub) but I am adding more such as Skyblock (hopefully today sometime) and mini games.

I don't have it on the PC, only the one

#BanAtlas

KeefdaQueef

• I am a teen and legally depressed
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Keefer511
  • Steam: Keit511
« Reply #1026 on: March 28, 2017, 07:19:50 PM »
Do you give players on Total Miner a TMF tag or something? That would be cool.
Keep Calm n' Keep Er' Goin!

Rollins

• “The things you used to own, now they own you.”
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ThatAnimeKid
  • Other: 3
« Reply #1027 on: March 28, 2017, 10:48:46 PM »
I'll join you sometime soon Atlas..
"You know how they say you only hurt the ones you love? Well, it works both ways" -Fight Club

He's trying to P6 ban u bro! That's 5 levels above a P1 ban! You're done -Gary March 24, 2017

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Legendary Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #1028 on: March 28, 2017, 11:22:43 PM »
Do you give players on Total Miner a TMF tag or something? That would be cool.

Considering the only people who play much on it are from Total Miner... No.

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1029 on: March 29, 2017, 05:35:16 PM »

I do want to point out I will be buying a new PC next month though, so I can definitely join then
I don't have it on the PC, only the one

#BanAtlas

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #1030 on: August 07, 2017, 02:12:24 PM »
Test Blender Render Image of a Minecraft world. Hoping to get a TM resource pack to change up the textures  ::)