Author Topic:  Estimated PC release date  (Read 285 times)

Xyzion

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Estimated PC release date
« on: September 18, 2017, 05:57:50 PM »
Hello, I was just wondering if there was some sort of planned release date on steam, I used to play this game a lot on Xbox and I am very impatient for the release on PC, thank you for your time

Kinetic plasma

• TOO MANY DEATHMINES... AGHHHHHHH!
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Estimated PC release date
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 06:58:49 PM »
Hello, I was just wondering if there was some sort of planned release date on steam, I used to play this game a lot on Xbox and I am very impatient for the release on PC, thank you for your time
Unfortuiniatly(if I spelled that right) it is pretty difficult to estimate the release date. We were told it would be released in the 2nd quarter of 2017 at the latest. I'm not even sure if Craig has an estimate of the release date. Remember that there is no giant team or cooperation working on the game. Craig's the only one working on it and he probably want a to make sure everything is good before releasing it. This isn't the first time we've waited this long for an update. I think 1.8 or 2.0 was a long wait but don't quote me on that. My point is it will come out eventually.

Started Total Miner 8/25/11
Top score in Total Rush Robotic contest 9/8/16
4th person to unlock the Demigod 11/27/16
Expert Builder
Beginner Scripter
Challenge map builder

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 08:39:05 AM »
Unfortuiniatly(if I spelled that right)

Unfortunately.

This isn't the first time we've waited this long for an update. I think 1.8 or 2.0 was a long wait but don't quote me on that. My point is it will come out eventually.

1.8 was a long ride, 2.0 felt even longer to me even though I have been told it was a shorter wait. We as a community are generally used to long waits between updates. It used to be more agonizing than it was for the last 2 just because the game didn't really have that much content in those days comparatively.

The reason that this wait feels horrendous is because it is the wait for the cross over to a better platform that can be continued to be updated. But if you go ahead and look, This hasn't been all that much longer of a wait than some of the other updates.

Hopefully Craig will update more frequently once we get on PC since he no longer has something like a 2 week waiting period between updates due to the peer review process. I prefer small, Frequent updates with a few features and bug fixes to the massive updates which make all of your old scripts inefficient and your builds look simple and undetailed. Like the last two did.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

CDJ

• RPG
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 05:40:15 PM »

I don't think it's possible at this point. Craig keeps us updated in the TM 2.6 PC -9/18 tab in the top right corner of your monitor.
                          Owner Of Our Atmosphere Series!