Author Topic:  Total Miner Speedrun  (Read 373 times)

Kinetic plasma

• TOO MANY DEATHMINES... AGHHHHHHH!
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Total Miner Speedrun
« on: September 16, 2017, 04:54:08 PM »
I like Total Miner.
I like Speedrunning games.
Why not have a speedrun leaderboarda for Totalminer?

How it would work is you have to get all the unlockables fast as possible on brand new digdeep and survival maps. Obviously Refugee, King, Astronaut, Ninja, Medic, Angel, Goldenkinght, DemiGod, and DemiGoddess would be excluded from speedruns since you can't get those unlockables without other people.

No I'm not saying add a leaderboard in the game. That would be silly. I'm saying maybe we have it on the forums. You make a video of you getting all of the possible unlockables fast as possible and post it on the leaderboards.

It would be interesting to see the different strategies people come up with.
Started Total Miner 8/25/11
Top score in Total Rush Robotic contest 9/8/16
4th person to unlock the Demigod 11/27/16
Expert Builder
Beginner Scripter
Challenge map builder

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: Total Miner Speedrun
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 10:36:37 PM »
I feel like this would have already been done if anyone really cared about it enough to do it. Personally, I would specifically like to see DD speedruns over avatar unlocking speedruns.

Creator of the term "Deathmine ©"
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Kinetic plasma

• TOO MANY DEATHMINES... AGHHHHHHH!
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 11:26:09 AM »
I feel like this would have already been done if anyone really cared about it enough to do it. Personally, I would specifically like to see DD speedruns over avatar unlocking speedruns.
A DD speedrun would already be covered in this because if you're Speedrunning for the unlockables then you would need to quickly get all the blueprints for Handyman
Started Total Miner 8/25/11
Top score in Total Rush Robotic contest 9/8/16
4th person to unlock the Demigod 11/27/16
Expert Builder
Beginner Scripter
Challenge map builder

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 12:02:19 PM »
I tried seeing how fast i could grab all blueprints in Dig Deep once. I gave up after a few hours and just played normally.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 01:50:56 PM »
I tried seeing how fast i could grab all blueprints in Dig Deep once. I gave up after a few hours and just played normally.
Shut up, Trüble. We can do this. DD is our speciality. We can speed run the hell out of it.