Author Topic:  Different game difficulty for different areas of the map?  (Read 617 times)

Kinetic plasma

• TOO MANY DEATHMINES... AGHHHHHHH!
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Different game difficulty for different areas of the map?
« on: July 13, 2017, 02:05:42 AM »
For PC will we be able to have one part of the map have the Game difficulty be peaceful and have another area of the maps game difficulty easy or normal at the same time? I think that would be cool.
Started Total Miner 8/25/11
Top score in Total Rush Robotic contest 9/8/16
4th person to unlock the Demigod 11/27/16
Expert Builder
Beginner Scripter
Challenge map builder

Jim 💠

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
Re: Different game difficulty for different areas of the map?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 04:30:25 AM »
Could you not simply make a zone for a certain part of the map and in that zone, make a script so that you cannot take any damage?

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: Different game difficulty for different areas of the map?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 11:24:47 AM »
Could you not simply make a zone for a certain part of the map and in that zone, make a script so that you cannot take any damage?

No, Not really at least. You could constantly give players back their max health, But if they happened to take enough damage to instantly kill them they would still die.

I can definitely see a use for a zone option that is basically the combat toggle in the game already. But for difficulty, As far as I am aware, The only difference between easy and normal is that on normal Dryads and Djinn will shoot explosive arrows at the player. Assuming this is the case, The only difficulty that really affects difficulty is legendary.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym